AEW Rampage - Holiday Bash - December 25, 2021

Timbo Slice

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loss changed the title to AEW Rampage - Holiday Bash - December 25, 2021

HOOK

Really enjoyed Statlander vs Hirsch. Either of these two should get more attention than Ruby Soho does. That goes for many other women BTW (yeah, I have been quite underwhelmed by Soho lately).

Cody is the most meta character in pro-wrestling today. Yeah, "He's not turning heel", you see... Excellent match too, Cody has really found back his groove in the last few months. Gonna give another different cool dynamic to the title, and possibly Sammy is gonna chase (and get) it back sooner than later. 

And fuck yeah to reDragons vs Young Bucks, reDragons vs FTR, reDragons vs Lucha Brothers, reDragons vs Santana & Ortiz, reDragons vs Jurassik Express... So much potential for greatness here.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

and possibly Sammy is gonna chase (and get) it back sooner than later. 

I hope not. Getting a forced reign over a hot hand like Miro really exposed Sammy. 

I think Sammy will be fine in the long run, but his reign really didn't work and neither has his babyface turn. 

Eddie Kingston should win the title.

34 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I actually feel like they're gonna have Scorpio Sky beat Cody, for some reason. Or at least, Cody's first defense in his new reign

I'd be a fan of this.

AEW has been (rightly) criticized for its glaring lack of diversity, and Scorpio has been killing it.

12 minutes ago, Loss said:

It would be a great way to debut Keith Lee, and Miro vs Keith Lee has a lot of appeal.

Bad faith trolls (not on PWO) would inevitably accuse AEW of pulling a "LOLTNA" by giving Keith Lee the title on his first night, but I'd absolutely love to see this happen. It would be AEW's way of sending a signal - "THIS is how you properly debut a can't miss talent like Lee!" - in direct contrast to the debacle that was his Raw debut. 

Hook has everything I want from a young wrestler. He's a legit athlete who looks and moves like an athlete. He has a natural charisma, an aura if you will. He carries himself and works in a way that makes it believable that he could fuck somebody's day up. That's all I want from new guys. 1- be an actual athlete, 2- have some personality, and 3- carry it like its real and you're real. I feel like if you naturally have those things, everything else falls into place with experience. Its such a welcome change from all of these young guys who look like middle schoolers and work like its an obvious work.  

Hard disagree about Hook looking like a guy who could fuck you up. He looks like a teenager. Maybe in a few years when his face starts to mature. He doesn't have that aura of fuck you up that Taz had despite being taller and in better shape. It might come as he matures and gets more experience, though. Certainly looks like he's going to have a high ceiling but I'm not buying him doing all the Taz no selling shit at all yet.

@strobogo Its not just his physical appearance which is youthful, its the way he carries himself, the way he moves, his body language, and the way he works. He looks and moves like a d1 athlete. He moves like somebody who could handle themselves. If you really think his youthful face makes him look less credible, I don't know what to tell you.