Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

C.S.

11 hours ago, Matt D said:

We should have gotten Kingston vs Claudio shortly after that.

We should've gotten Eddie vs Danielson II after Anarchy in the Arena. Of all the feuds TK has no problem leaving in stasis, that was one he should've had more patience with. That rivalry has more "money" on it that anything Danielson vs Jericho related. Shit, you also avoid Eddie getting suspended because he wouldn't have been involved with Sami. Then him going after Claudio could've been even bigger.

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

Injuries making their biggest matches Jericho vs Moxley/Danielson. 

That's very debatable. Like I said, I'm sure Eddie vs Danielson would've meant more to the AEW audience than the random matchups between Jericho and Dragon. Which honestly, only did 1 good rating, one forgettable PPV match and a mediocre quarter hour for their last match.

I honestly think a Death Triangle vs BCC feud would've meant more for the company than a 6 month feud were literally nothing has been accomplished.

Mox vs Jericho I will give you but that was more about the Lionheart shit that TK loved so much than BCC vs JAS (meaning, it could've been a one and done).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Funny how all the stories coming out how the AEW locker room got a morale boost from Cabana being on Dynamite are getting no-sold like early 90s Taker in this thread. 

I mean, we all know that the philosophy of booking for the boys in the back always leads to historically bad results. 

Surely TK could have done something to boost morale without subjecting us all to a Colt Cabana championship match in 2022. 

It seemed pretty obvious that it was TK's apology to the boys for the mess that happened, and at the end of the day it was just part of Jericho's angle beating former ROH folks. If Colt becomes a weekly feature shoehorned on TV, then there's reason to be upset about it IMO.

Well it wasn't for the viewers, so that wasn't the point. Dave even said they knew the show was going to take a hit due to the World Series so they had a bunch of surprises so people would be compelled to watch on DVR after the game (which seemed to work since they apparently got a big DVR viewership for it). 

On 11/4/2022 at 6:27 PM, Flyin' Brian said:

I don’t see anyone saying ‘Punk’s side said this’ much though other than the initial report and the Larry stuff. Everything else has been an avalanche against Punk, supposedly the whole locker room is against him when in reality it’s just a handful of guys. Supposedly he’s a locker room cancer, when before almost everyone had been saying good things about him. He was doing stuff like carpool karaoke. Now all of that is conveniently forgotten because it doesn’t fit the narrative. I like your way of looking at things but I don’t see much ‘both sides’ criticism going on. I guess part of why I’m defending Punk so much is because the majority seem to be piling on. I don’t feel that’s warranted or justified. When I hear the Elite did no wrong and Punk did no good it just really rubs me the wrong way. 

My whole demeanor has thus far has been both sides were at fault but I lean more in favor of Punk because I think he can bring more to AEW than the Bucks/Omega can. Of course, I've always thought the Bucks were awful, so your mileage may vary. 

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Funny how all the stories coming out how the AEW locker room got a morale boost from Cabana being on Dynamite are getting no-sold like early 90s Taker in this thread. 

I mean there’s a lot of people that are part of the “All Friends Wrestling” crowd (incidentally, the people with the warmest relationships with the biggest journalists in the game), it’s unsurprising to me that the locker room is full of marks that think sticking up for their buddy Colt goddamn Cabana is worth losing probably their biggest star.

20 hours ago, sek69 said:

Who gives a fuck? I care about my entertainment, not their workplace culture. 

19 hours ago, sek69 said:

Well it wasn't for the viewers, so that wasn't the point.

Well then, what the fuck are we watching for? Isn't one of the criticisms we're levying Tony that he needs to be a boss and not a buddy? Of course I don't want a bunch of toxic miserable fucks back there because that can have an adverse affect on the shows, too, but seriously, there has to be a better way to boost locker room morale and maybe book an entertaining show at the same time. Like, Moxley's great post-All Out promo on Dynamite was a way to accomplish both things.

Oh, and the match sucked, too.

43 minutes ago, DR Ackermann said:

Loving these big singles face pushes for Starks and Jungle Boy. I'm way more into them than I was a few months ago. TK is really hitting it out of the park. They've come a long way and look stronger than ever. What a great booker!

In fairness, I think Starks has been particularly snake-bit when it comes to injuries. 

On some level Tony clearly doesn’t buy into FTR the way a lot of people do. Maybe he’s too much of a tapes nerd and thinks they don’t do enough original material, maybe the stats just don’t favor them as much as we’d like, maybe the Bucks and Omega are in his ear with that “tribute act” shit, maybe Dax is too near the verge of serious injury, but Tony does not see them as stars.

12 hours ago, Embrodak said:

On some level Tony clearly doesn’t buy into FTR the way a lot of people do. Maybe he’s too much of a tapes nerd and thinks they don’t do enough original material, maybe the stats just don’t favor them as much as we’d like, maybe the Bucks and Omega are in his ear with that “tribute act” shit, maybe Dax is too near the verge of serious injury, but Tony does not see them as stars.

Kind of laughable for the Bucks to call anyone a tribute act with as much as they owe to The Rockers, Rock N Roll Express, The Hardys, etc. It kind of sucks how things have changed. Instead of great teams doing business and both getting over it's too much about keeping spots, making sure they are seen as the best, and that their style is seen as the 'right' one.