Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/12 -12/18 It's called soccer

NintendoLogic

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so Regal is coming back to WWE with .... a Vice President title. Not sure what it entails it term of what his role will be, but this is not just "coming back to work as a coach in NXT, including with his son". Not to say it wasn't predictable, but still, it's a pretty big coup for Triple H to get a guy in that position who just spent 8 months with the talents of the opposition.

Gotta say too, talking about Vince in a "whatever he's going through, he was been excellent to me" way is very tone deaf. Yeah, he's been sexually harassing/assaulting women and paid them with the company's money to shut them off, but hey, he kept on paying him while he was in AEW because of his talent contract overlapping a bit (as opposed to his employee contract), so he's a good guy. This whole "I treat people like they treat me" is quite problematic.

40 minutes ago, El-P said:

And so Regal is coming back to WWE with .... a Vice President title. Not sure what it entails it term of what his role will be, but this is not just "coming back to work as a coach in NXT, including with his son". Not to say it wasn't predictable, but still, it's a pretty big coup for Triple H to get a guy in that position who just spent 8 months with the talents of the opposition.

Gotta say too, talking about Vince in a "whatever he's going through, he was been excellent to me" way is very tone deaf. Yeah, he's been sexually harassing/assaulting women and paid them with the company's money to shut them off, but hey, he kept on paying him while he was in AEW because of his talent contract overlapping a bit (as opposed to his employee contract), so he's a good guy. This whole "I treat people like they treat me" is quite problematic.

Mick Foley (and pretty much everyone else who made money from Vince come to think of it) has taken the exact same stance since the allegations against McMahon first came out.

I find it particularly hypocritical coming from Mick Foley, who has always portrayed himself as some sort of champion of women’s causes and vocal left wing crusader. Unless it’s against the guy that put millions of dollars in his pocket, in which case he can’t say anything, because he didn’t see it happen.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

I assume that Regal is probably back to oversee the scouting and probably that Gabe Sapolsky will assist him in those duties.

I'm guessing Brock sees a match like Gunther/Sheamus and thinks, "Yea, they're beating the hell out of each other, but they're doing it 'the way it should be.'" Now, compare that to the infamous Brock/Braun incident and I think Brock rightfully thought, "This clumsy motherfucker just gave me a shoot knee to the jaw that I couldn't see coming. That's not 'working stiff,' it's taking liberties."

Now, the booking is not something I have super high hopes for but I'm also not going to be naive about the likelihood of a Lesnar win. Its WrestleMania and ostensibly Brock is a babyface coming out of his feuds with Roman and Lashley. The crowd that night will want to see Lesnar win and pop accordingly. Gunther is also a guy that, theoretically, doesn't "need" a win any more than Owens "needed" to beat Steve Austin last year. I know the argument is that a win for Gunther would "make" him and all that, but considering this would be the biggest match of his career anyway and that you can re-heat him relatively quickly, I don't think its a career-ender for Gunther to take the L. Again, it's not necessarily what I would want to see, but the booking of the WWE for the past few years has basically been that Reigns and Lesnar are God Tier and everyone else is a full notch below. Even in a loss, Gunther holding his own would put him at the same level as, say, Lashley, Rollins, Owens, Orton, and Drew and that's just kinda the ceiling for everybody not named Reigns and Lesnar for the foreseeable future. 

43 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Mick Foley (and pretty much everyone else who made money from Vince come to think of it) has taken the exact same stance since the allegations against McMahon first came out.

I find it particularly hypocritical coming from Mick Foley, who has always portrayed himself as some sort of champion of women’s causes and vocal left wing crusader. Unless it’s against the guy that put millions of dollars in his pocket, in which case he can’t say anything, because he didn’t see it happen.

I know. I cringed about that one too (not the only time with Foley, which comes off more disappointing, lately about Tyrus). Lance Storm had the best take of all : Vince did not make them all this money, *they and their work* made Vince a billionaire. So they should not feel the way they do, especially in this context.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Triple H will make that man beg for a return

Good lord, that's like carny squared. Make yourself look good and make the company who footed the bill have to take a self-own to say the movie they produced in fact did not make zillions of dollars. 

15 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

I have no time for Fiend Bliss, do better Hunter.

It's probably what she wants.

I'm not exactly a fan either, but it can't be any worse than what she's been doing all year - which is a whole lotta nothin', and displaying zero personality and passion while doing that whole lotta nothin'.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

Yeah, how dare have a positive opinion of the guy he's previously thanked for saving his life.
https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/news-vince-mcmahon-saved-life-wwe-veteran

I get he's probably in a tough spot since WWE provided health care probably saved him several times, but when the guy responsible gets undeniably revealed as a sex pest who played with company money to pay off his mistresses maybe you should sit that one out when it comes time to discuss it now.