Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 2/8 - 2/10 - What if Tony Just Let ChatGPT Write All The Promos?

Timbo Slice

I just spoiled myself because I'm an idiot. I honestly kind of expected it but still. The Ass Boys ? We went from the Young Bucks & FTR to the Ass Boys. For my fellow 90's boomers out there, it's like going from the MX & Southern Boys to the American Males. YIKES. (I don't dislike the Ass Boys at all, but tag-team champs in AEW ? NOPE)

Can't wait to watch Danielson/Rush and the six-men though, sounds awesome. 

I honestly have no idea if Eddie is working or having a meltdown on Twitter. Because if that's the latter, it can't end well, sadly.

As much as I love Danielson and I think MJF has really been delivering in-ring in his last big matches, I kinda dread the one-hour long match, which is not a favorite stip of mine, as there are very few workers who can make it work without having to rely on gimmickry and/or over scripting. And over scripted one-hour long match is very much WWE style, and it's not something I want out of AEW (just like I don't want to see HITC style cage matches with the obligatory going out to jump off the top on the outside). We'll see, but I must admit I'm really on the fence about this idea.

Yeah, I'm not expecting the Iron Match to be a classic or anything of the sort but I'm really curious to see the layout Danielson has in mind. I think he hit a home run with the one hour draw he had with Hangman but he's also have a few misses (as ROH champ) when coming up with ways to work a long match. I'm very interested in seeing how he plays around with the Iron Man setting.

The only long match I've seen from MJF is the one he had with Punk, which I thought very good but still felt like it went long just for the sake of it.

The 1-2 punch of Danielson vs Rush and The Elite vs Top Flight/Fox was ridiculous. AGAIN. In some time, this era of Dynamite will be looked upon as the ultimate apex of US pro-wrestling TV in term of average level of matches week to week (and again this week, MJF vs Takeshita was an excellent opener). The fact we get to see Danielson & Omega back to back doing their thing is kinda taken for granted I feel, those are two of the greatest ever and they are in the same promotion at the same time doing incredible things. Before it's too late, AEW needs two other Danielson vs Omega matches. 

The main event on the other hand, well considering it had no shot of following the two previous matches, it was obvious some big angle was happening, teasing a Billy Gunn turn (that would have been awful). But really now, it was the Acclaimed worst match in forever, not bad, just there, and the result totally deflated the awesome crowd. I don't think the "bullshit" chants (which traditionally is less a chant toward a heelish act rather than toward a booking decision) is something you want to close your show. Hopefully it's just opening the door for FTR to come back and get the title off the Gunns *quick* (so they did not had to directly beat the Acclaimed, saving that big match for later). If that doesn't happen, then I guess it's as good a way of saying FTR ain't signing back. 

Mostly a terrific show because these two matches were ridiculous. Although hopefully the Bunny did not get badly injured and is ok, it really looked like something wrong happened at the end.

I honestly think FTR aren’t going to be appearing on AEW TV again until they decide where they are going next. They have around 60 days left on their AEW contracts. That’s why they basically went in that “losing” tour recently. They lost to The Acclaimed on Dynamite, lost the ROH Titles to the Briscoes, went to Mexico and lost the AAA Titles, lost the IWGP Titles at WK and capped it off by putting the Gunns over in AEW. I think for all intents and purposes, FTR is done in AEW, at least for now.

Dax has pretty much come out and said that they were at least considering going back to WWE until Vince came back into the picture. Now they have the luxury of waiting to see what happens with the WWE sale before they decide where they are going.

They’re going to make serious bank, either way. If they sign with AEW they’ll be fine. If WWE sells or they get convinced that Vince won’t interfere with creative, they’ll go there and be fine. They have also said they have no problem not signing anywhere after their AEW contracts expire and just working the independents and Japan until they figure out which way the wind is blowing financially.

it’s pretty obvious the main issue for FTR is creative not financial. I think guarantees will have to be made regarding how they are going to be used before they decide where they are going. If you have listened to Dax’s podcast that is probably the impression you will come away with.

Another possibility is they could always have their AEW contracts run out and sign a short term contract with ROH. That would especially work if the rumoured ROH/NJPW TV/streaming deal ends happening.

Bottom line is, I am guessing we see an Acclaimed/Gunns rematch at Revolution without FTR factored into the equation at all.