Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/13 - 02/19 Pat Mahomes just pulled a Perc Angle

KawadaSmile

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

So if not, Cody, who then? Because quite frankly, Roman will have steamrolled absolutely everybody.

Don't know. Ask Trips (or the Crown Prince when WWE is sold).

I wouldn't mind it being GUNTHER (imagine if he breaks HTM's IC record, Roman reigns for another year, and they meet in a Champion vs. Champion match at the next Mania) or Bron Breakker.

Truthfully, it should've been Sami. They have the hot hand in him. Fans like Cody too, but they have a special affinity for the Honorary Uce.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing people say the crowds are "clamoring" for Sami and KO to reunite, and while I'm not saying it's not going to get a huge pop, it seems what the crowds are really clamoring for is the beloved babyface to slay the unbeatable monster who's treated him like shit.  The whole idea of "well Sami and KO reuniting is going to get over so it doesn't matter if we waste this super over babyface" seems odd to me. 

Plus in kayfabe it really makes no sense for Sami to want to reunite since KO's been a dick who's turned on him . Him teaming back up with KO is almost a 90s Sting stupid trusting babyface move. 

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

I keep seeing people say the crowds are "clamoring" for Sami and KO to reunite, and while I'm not saying it's not going to get a huge pop, it seems what the crowds are really clamoring for is the beloved babyface to slay the unbeatable monster who's treated him like shit. 

I mean, the promotion literally planted the idea of Sami vs Cody at Mania (which could end up being playing with fire, or not, depending on what they can do with this later on). So they know what their audience is really clamoring for. Now, if they go for "we have decided this and we'll do it no matter what", well, ok that's their prerogative, but let's not pretend that the WWE audience would rather see a tag-team match against the Usos rather than Sami defeat Roman. What WWE will do is entirely their choice, and honestly in this situation, there's no bad choice to make. One choice is just better and makes more sense than the other.

This is honestly the most intrigued I've been about a Mania title situation I've been in forever. Even the year Danielson got it, it was more about getting that feel-good moment that was bound to happen. Here, you got two right choices, and also the possibility that Roman might still win (although I for one can't believe it). 

11 hours ago, strobogo said:

Cody just straight up supporting Sami and wanting Sami to finish HIS story is such an interesting twist on this whole thing. Literally every time they've ever done something similar, the faces are attacking each other and there are doubts about who is going to turn before or during the match.

It's one of the smartest bits of storytelling they've done in a long time because it's a tacit acknowledgement of how easily this could turn sour for Cody if fans channel any resentment of Sami coming up short onto him.

Have Jey Uso either help or harm Sami Zayn during the Roman match, and the crowd will absolutely not care that Sami didn’t beat Roman. The main Bloodline/Sami story was not Roman treating Sami like shit, it was Jey not trusting Sami and Roman using that as a wedge to keep his quarrelsome cousin in line, then Jey’s emotional wall being broken down and wholeheartedly embracing Sami more than any other Bloodline member. Jey/Sami versus Solo/Jimmy or Sami and a partner versus the Usos is 100% the logical progression for this story, depending how they play it. I really think Sami dethroning Roman is downright a distraction from the emotional heart of the story, which was always Sami and Jey.

Dang. They just had Bray and Uncle Howdy take out Hit Row and then Bray challenged the winner to Lesnar/Lashley.

Talk about living in the worst possible timeline.

Lesnar/GUNTHER or Lashley/GUNTHER or Lashley/Lesnar/GUNTHER, there's really no misstep possible. Fuck. Let Sheamus come out and say he wants the winner and we're still in A+ possible match-ups.

I'm not even the biggest hater of Bray. I just feel like he's a guy you give a 15-minute segment to against someone that makes sense in his universe and that will allow him to sell merch and that's all you need. Book him like Taker in 93'-95' in his own little box for the fans who love the gimmick, but keep him separate from everyone else. Like, here's a pitch, have Bray destroy Karrion Kross. Kross is going nowhere anyway. Or have him destroy Corbin, who is also directionless. Let them be the piss break match on Mania