Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 11/15 - 11/18 - EVP MJF

Timbo Slice

Better be Mercedes. That's all there is. End this year with a much needed bang. 

People be bitching and all, but this is by far the best overall build to a PPV they've done in a long while. And the PPV will most probably be excellent, because that's a constant (although I must say that on paper, it won't touch the last bunch, because nothing can, really). Plus, since Flair is gonna be there, it's gonna be free. What's not to love, uh ?

Funny how Tony is teasing a MAJOR STAR signing, and then Ronda Rousey shows up on the ROH taping

Also the going rumor on the interwebs is that the person being signed is Will Ospreay. Allegedly a deal was made where he can still appear on New Japan shows and New Japan was cool with it because it meant he wasn't going to WWE. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Funny how Tony is teasing a MAJOR STAR signing, and then Ronda Rousey shows up on the ROH taping

Wait WTF ? I can't say I'm surprised, considering her showing at Pro-Wrestling Revolver to basically do an AEW match, but still, showing up on the ROH tapings of all things is beautifully random. Maybe she just reached that point that the WWE machine broke her passion for wrestling so much she just want to just do it to have fun with her friends and not be that big star with tons of pressure. More power to her if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Also the going rumor on the interwebs is that the person being signed is Will Ospreay. Allegedly a deal was made where he can still appear on New Japan shows and New Japan was cool with it because it meant he wasn't going to WWE. 

If that it is, then  honestly it's even better than Mercedes. Ospreay is the greatest wrestler in the world. With Omega & especially Danielson's career looking more and more like they're reaching a "rearview mirror" state, having Ospreay would garantee AEW still is on top of the pro-wrestling game, and that's all that matter to me as far as the product goes. I won't take anyone but him or Mercedes.

4 hours ago, El-P said:

Gotta say, it's cool for the people who actually show up/stay for the ROH tapings.

Also, the Athena/Billie Starkz thingy is one of my favorite thing going on these days, so I can't wait to see the thing actually play out. 

I wrote way too much about Athena/Billie the other day since it’s one of my favorite things going now too: http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2023/11/aew-five-fingers-of-death-1030-115-bonus.html?m=1

I do hope this is a stop on the road and not the destination but it should be a fun and unexpected stop.

Ospreay might legitimately be my least favorite wrestler of all time, at least among the ones who are considered good. I could safely ignore him when he was confined to Japan and Impact, but my interest in AEW will wane significantly if he becomes a major part of the product. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the only Ospreay match I've ever liked was with Orange Cassidy at Forbidden Door, so maybe I'll find him more tolerable if he's working with the likes of Christian and Darby.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Ospreay might legitimately be my least favorite wrestler of all time, at least among the ones who are considered good. I could safely ignore him when he was confined to Japan and Impact, but my interest in AEW will wane significantly if he becomes a major part of the product. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the only Ospreay match I've ever liked was with Orange Cassidy at Forbidden Door, so maybe I'll find him more tolerable if he's working with the likes of Christian and Darby.

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. His match with Dax was also very good, but I feel that both him and OC were the stars there, not really Ospreay. 

Also with all the talk about AEW not taking care of the talent doing dangerous things, I have no idea who or why that spot with Big Show was approved by literally anyone. Show can barely move, can't even stand for more than a couple of minutes because of how fucked his hips and knees are. So to do a spot where so many things could go very wrong very easily and the best case scenario was still going to be a very ugly bump for a guy the size of Show, but especially in the physical condition he's in now. 

Ibushi taking the brainbuster on the bike and especially the tombstone off the apron on to the chair tower and being up doing Ibushi things less than a minute later each time was the most Ibushi Ibushi has looked in any of his AEW appearances.