Pro Wrestling Only

Flair to wrestle for Hulkamania promotion

Boondocks Kernoodle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from it and it was about as bad as one would expect. But hey, I got to see Hogan vs. Flair (albeit a long time past their use by dates) so I can die a slightly happier man. Can't complain with paying $50 for a 3rd row seat.

Both Hogan and Flair bled with Flair's being a pretty big gusher. Hogan won after hitting Flair with brass knucks that Flair had used earlier.

Crowd was bigger than I though it would be. I'm terrible at estimating things like this but I would say at least 7000.

And on a pointless note, Umaga looks tiny next to Rikishi. At one point Umaga was standing behind him and he looked like a little kid.

As a wrestler, compared to what he was Flair looks pretty bad with the balding hair and saggy body, but he looks fine by normal 60 year old guy standards. Not that I'd particularly care to watch these two now but they've got enough charisma, schtick and willingness to bleed which alone makes them more entertaining than anything I'd want to see from TNA currently.

I never understood why he started going with the wet hair look, that only makes it more apparent that your hair is thinning. Besides, I don't think even in a looks-oriented business like wrestling that people would hold it against you if your hair wasn't as thick at 60 as it was when you were 30.

The worst hair offender is Micheals though. He's already looking ridiculous doing the Heartbreak Kid gimmick at his age, but the long hair + balding make sit look even worse. The guy will look terrible at 60 if he lives that far of course.

Meanwhile, guys like Riki Choshu or Kawada don't seem to age that much.

I dunno. A lot of people speculated (probably correctly) that he was juicing during his last WWE run just so that his body wouldn't start looking any worse than it already did, but never really thought of him as having a GH gut then, so I'd guess it's either not a GH gut, or he changed up what he was taking in a way that would cause a GH gut that he didn't seem to have in the WWE. Worth noting that one of the big reasons wrestlers turn to steroids/HGH is because they are expected to maintain incredible physiques, but do not have nearly the time necessary to do so naturally due to their hectic schedule, with this being primarily true in the WWE. Flair's schedule has been far more lax since retirement, and even now that he's out of retirement, the Hulkamania tour seems like it would be far less grueling than working WWE full time would be. That's not to say he's not on something - it's professional wrestling, no one is above suspicion - but it is possible for a 60 year old man to have that body with the right combo of genetics and dedication without drugs. So you can draw your own conclusions about that, whatever they may be.