Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

But seriously, people should fuck off with the Dave criticism on this one. He tweeted about his deep admiration for Bruno. But he's a reporter who's watching misinformation spread, and he spoke up about it in a respectful way. That's what he's supposed to do.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because the crowd of Twitter self-righteous dweebs who have never even met the guy would rather hear a bunch of mythological bullshit rather than facts, because that's how you "celebrate someone's life". And the guy who actually was a friend of Bruno pointing out inacurracies is the bad guy, not the ones who sprout a bunch of bullshit. Gotta love the calls to "decency" and "time for mourning" from idiots who again, don't even fucking knew the guy anyway. They really are mourning jackshit, they just cry for attention and jack off their low self-esteem by playing "houlier than thou" on Twitter, really. I hate to use that acronym because I know what political side usually uses it but… yeah… the sad thing is that they exist and this is a clear cut exemple of that.

Dave was a friend of Bruno, he paid a genuine and sincere tribute. He's also supposed to be a journalist and that's his job to not let bullshit spread out, *especially* under those circumstances.

Because the crowd of Twitter self-righteous dweebs who have never even met the guy would rather hear a bunch of mythological bullshit rather than facts, because that's how you "celebrate someone's life".

From the little I could read, this is what a lot of people are worked up about:

Bad timing on Dave's part...

It's not so much that he's exposing facts or anything, it's the fact that he's trying to ride this out now when the guy just literally passed away a little while ago.

It's not so much that he's exposing facts or anything, it's the fact that he's trying to ride this out now when the guy just literally passed away a little while ago.

Honestly I don't see the issue at all, especially when it's something dealing strictly with the professionnal career of Bruno. I mean, it's about a number of MSG sell-outs… Really, getting outraged about this means you really want to be outraged about Dave to begin with.

But seriously, people should fuck off with the Dave criticism on this one. He tweeted about his deep admiration for Bruno. But he's a reporter who's watching misinformation spread, and he spoke up about it in a respectful way. That's what he's supposed to do.

There's surely a time and a place to comment about a sell out number then on the day the man dies though surely ?

all the ones going after dave here are so Pavlovian its sickening im my booing debate him on subjective things you cannot debate a fact im sorry but fact is fact if bruno did not sell MSG X amount of times he didnot sell it out that amount of times

I'm not having a go at Dave for making the point, I'm saying there is a time and a fucking place to do it and the day that Bruno sammartino dies isn't it. Is your keyboard broken ?

all the ones going after dave here are so Pavlovian its sickening im my booing debate him on subjective things you cannot debate a fact im sorry but fact is fact if bruno did not sell MSG X amount of times he didnot sell it out that amount of times

Jesus, dude. No one is going after him and ignoring facts. They're just saying that it's not the time or moment to bring these things up.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

a bunch of WWE marks defending wwe's BS that is what i got from the twitter thread when Dave tells the truth people hate him

Jesus, dude. No one is going after him and ignoring facts. The ones going after him are just saying that it's not the time or moment to bring these things up.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

It's not that hard to comprehend really.

I'm not having a go at Dave for making the point, I'm saying there is a time and a fucking place to do it and the day that Bruno sammartino dies isn't it. Is your keyboard broken ?

I am not talking about this topic im talking about that twitter thread

Why isn't it the moment to bring it up? He paid tribute to Bruno. He will no doubt do so again in a long obituary. But he's a reporter, and this is a significant news story on his beat. He's not besmirching Bruno's legacy by pointing out a widespread factual error. He's doing his job.

For fuck's sake, people are so desperate to be outraged these days that they don't even think.

Why isn't it the moment to bring it up? He paid tribute to Bruno. He will no doubt do so again in a long obituary. But he's a reporter, and this is a significant news story on his beat. He's not besmirching Bruno's legacy by pointing out a widespread factual error. He's doing his job.

For fuck's sake, people are so desperate to be outraged these days that they don't even think.

My view summed up thank you

Why because Bruno just died today. That's why people don't like it. I saw that he paid tribute and that's the right thing to have done. A significant news story ? It's a fecking sell out number for msg from over forty years ago. I'm not desperate to be outraged but bringing it up today but now isn't the time or place.

Why because Bruno just died today. That's why people don't like it. I saw that he paid tribute and that's the right thing to have done. A significant news story ? It's a fecking sell out number for msg from over forty years ago. I'm not desperate to be outraged but bringing it up today but now isn't the time or place.

i say now is the best time since people still attack him for the wm III thing that a thing of 30 years ago just saying time does not matter

Bruno's death is a significant news story. I know that when I'm writing an obituary for a prominent person, which I've done plenty of times, I work extra hard to get the facts right. An obituary is like the final word on someone's life. If anything, I'd argue it's more important to be careful with the details in that context. I know if I were writing Bruno's obituary, I would be happy that Dave, as an authority in the field, clarified this point.

People were trying to #wellactually Dave on Twitter over him saying the Scorpion and the Sharpshooter are the same move, so I don't blame him for trying to nip another wave of idiots @'ing him in the bud.

Bruno's death is a significant news story. I know that when I'm writing an obituary for a prominent person, which I've done plenty of times, I work extra hard to get the facts right. An obituary is like the final word on someone's life. If anything, I'd argue it's more important to be careful with the details in that context. I know if I were writing Bruno's obituary, I would be happy that Dave, as an authority in the field, clarified this point.

This. People acting like Dave is disrespecting Bruno need to get a grip. And again : Dave was friend with Bruno. Like in : *he really knew the guy*. And Bruno respected Dave. They had an actual relationship. So, if anything, the whining (and fake sensitivity) is actually showing disrespect, especially when Dave is only stating the fucking facts about "one of his favourite people in the world".

Been disappointed a lot by Dave as of late for many reasons and dislike his usual Twitter persona, but confused at people being critical about this particular instance. It's a simple number that Dave is pointing out as inaccurate while calling Bruno his friend, which he genuinely was. It's not like he's pointing out something controversial or even worst, making up something negative, just a simple correction.

Pretty bizzare seeing the reaction to this.

I think some of the issue is due to the multiple hats that Dave wears. He's a reporter, a historian, an entertainer, a critic, and, in this case, a friend. His comment is more than appropriate in some of those roles and probably on average, but Dave isn't just a reporter/historian clarifying a point.