Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

ALS is a generational shift from Lou Gherig's - as I assume that is not a name most are now familiar with. Lou Gherig's Disease was a literal naming from an early 20th Century baseball player as it was through him that it first really came to prominence.

the real medical term has always been Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis[or MND{ has it not like Wilson's disease or alike were the Ilness was always nameed for that first person

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weird because on Observer Radio he didnt seem convinced and said if youre not 100% then its probably not the full five. And then Bryan had some ugh line like oh well nothing to be upset about still a great match and I was about ready to slam the brakes and spew out the window.

Havent seen the match yet but they also said there was a pretty big Ibushi botch that apparently knocked him loopy and sating that and then essentially calling it a perfect match feels very oxymoronic.

Weird because on Observer Radio he didnt seem convinced and said if youre not 100% then its probably not the full five. And then Bryan had some ugh line like oh well nothing to be upset about still a great match and I was about ready to slam the brakes and spew out the window.

Havent seen the match yet but they also said there was a pretty big Ibushi botch that apparently knocked him loopy and sating that and then essentially calling it a perfect match feels very oxymoronic.

Depends on the botch. The botch towards the end of Bayley/Sasha in Brooklyn didn't detract from the match at all.

He also referred to Ospreay as the best wrestler in the world, day in and day out. So his wrestling criticism continues to diverge from any reality I care to acknowledge.

Yeah, I think the Ospreay comment actually made me physically wince when I read it. I mean I'm a million miles from being an expert on him, but from what I've seen I don't see what makes him the best at anything wrestling wise. He's a great gymnast, I guess, if that matters

He also referred to Ospreay as the best wrestler in the world, day in and day out. So his wrestling criticism continues to diverge from any reality I care to acknowledge.

Yeah, I think the Ospreay comment actually made me physically wince when I read it. I mean I'm a million miles from being an expert on him, but from what I've seen I don't see what makes him the best at anything wrestling wise. He's a great gymnast, I guess, if that matters

dave for the most part os a pure work rate guy os him calling will a best on the world in his eyes is not ot far from the truth

i owuld not put will even top 50 of the year so far

If it wasn't for VISA issues, Super Smash Bros w would likely be in that spot for Meltzer not Ospreay.

SSB/Bucks produced far better crashcar spots and gymnastics than Ospreay has.

Aye. SSB/Bucks from DTABM is on my shortlist for favorite PWG match.

• 2 weeks later...

That ladder match is officially the most overrated match ever in the Meltz canon then. To me it was the usual, MITB-style useless stuntfest garbage. And then it's odd Almas vs Black didn't get the 5*stars treatment then. Not that I care one bit, but considering Meltz tastes, I don't see how Gargano vs Ciampa was that much better (I actually like Almas vs Black more as a pure pro-wrestling match without WWE drama, which the Gargano match had, only done perfectly so it didn't matter).

I dug the ladder match a lot, but thought Almas-Black was better.

That ladder match is officially the most overrated match ever in the Meltz canon then. To me it was the usual, MITB-style useless stuntfest garbage. And then it's odd Almas vs Black didn't get the 5*stars treatment then. Not that I care one bit, but considering Meltz tastes, I don't see how Gargano vs Ciampa was that much better (I actually like Almas vs Black more as a pure pro-wrestling match without WWE drama, which the Gargano match had, only done perfectly so it didn't matter).

I'd still go Bucks/Cole vs. Ospreay/Ricochet/Sydal at PWG or Tiger Mask-Dynamite, heh.

Itwas fine for what it was and can be judged for what it was

Junk ? I just can't stand these matches were there isn't even an effort to make you think the guys are trying to win. Or where every damn overcomplicated spot is carefully set-up. Give me the Eliminators vs Sabu & RVD, it was sloppy as fuck but you were getting the feeling it actually was complete chaos with people doing completely stupid shit. This was the self-conscious epic of MITB stuntfest. Plus I didn't get the feeling there was any reason for these guys to fuck up each other like they did, which is another reason it felt useless. I thought it was the worst way to showcase Ricochet's debut. He was immediately turned into a Jeff Hardy-like worker. Well, whatever, this match really put me in a bad mood at the beginning of the NXT show. Can't think a of recent match I hated more.

I'm surprised he went with the full five stars for the ladder match. Gargano/Ciampa was right up his alley for sure and that one's not surprising, but even judging by car crash ladder match standards I thought it probably had too many moments of slow climbing and reaching from two feet off the ground. I actually enjoyed the ladder match, which makes it the first one in a while, but that's because I was invested in a winner (I really wanted Dream to win). I don't think it would be nearly as fun on a re-watch, but you know, whatever.