Pro Wrestling Only

RAW tonight

sek69

And Cena is telling people to sign petitions to bring Danielson back. And the week after Vince supposedly had to pacify a sponsor and put out a potential fire regarding content, his big angle is one where a guy gets forced into a limo and crashed into several cars. The tie thing isn't really adding up. What's the real story?

This reminds me of the story where Harry Smith failed a drugs test in developmental and Vince McMahon put him on Raw for a few weeks, just so he could suspend someone on their main roster to prove that he was serious about drug testing. So would WWE script a fake choking angle just so they could "shoot" fire somebody who "went into business for themselves" to prove that they were serious about keeping their content PG? Just one possible silly conspiracy theory...

In Trevor Murdoch's interview he makes the claim that he was fired for smoking pot to send a message that even you are liked by management and the locker room you will be fired for smoking pot.

Ha, I have no recollection whatsoever of it being reported that Trevor Murdoch was even fired. I noticed he disappeared, but never saw the reason covered in the WON or anything. Maybe I missed it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something fishy going on as Bryan Danielson is working just about every single indy promotion going around the country including a small rinky dink promotion down the road from me in Warner Robins which he has never worked any indies in GA. His schedule is stacked with dates which he never worked this many dates in the past and it just makes me wonder if he is doing this indy tour to get this whole angle over before going back in 3 months. Danielson going to all these shows cutting promos about the situation getting all these fans riled up for when he returns as this hero of the indies.

There is something fishy going on as Bryan Danielson is working just about every single indy promotion going around the country including a small rinky dink promotion down the road from me in Warner Robins which he has never worked any indies in GA. His schedule is stacked with dates which he never worked this many dates in the past and it just makes me wonder if he is doing this indy tour to get this whole angle over before going back in 3 months. Danielson going to all these shows cutting promos about the situation getting all these fans riled up for when he returns as this hero of the indies.

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing actually. He's working every indy out there it seems, but not ROH at all. Unless all these indy promoters really opened up the purse strings, or Danielson made enough in his short time in WWE to lower his price. It seems odd that he'd work for so many little feds but not one where he'd make a decent payday. Of course ROH is also on television. . . .

Guest Cobra Commander

if pro wrestling is the art of making the predetermined seem real, this Danielson thing could be the art of making the predetermined seem real.

He does has some massive plausible denibility, as his stock has went up from being in the WWE, and he's not hurting for money at the moment. So he can be a bit more affordable than the 55 year old men who soak indies so they can make the next child support payment.

Of course, a lot of what Kris suspects will be tested by what Danielson does on the indy shows.

But he's coming back as soon as Linda loses her campaign.

Oh yeah, the WWF has fired people before and brought them back when the heat died down. Didn't they fire Duggan and the Iron Sheik? or did they just suspend Duggan?

I think people may be reading too much into this. It makes sense for Danielson to strike while the iron is hot. It also wouldn't be the first time that some indy promoters marked out and overspent on ex WWE talent. See Flair, Ric.

Guest Cobra Commander

I did forget to note that the only way that Daniel Bryan isn't back in November is if he gets hurt.

Also, didn't he spend a few weeks in FCW earlier this year to work off ringrust? I'd guess he wouldn't want ringrust when he makes his return to the WWE (followed by 2011 being the year that Daniel Bryan rules the WWE Superstars tv show)

In regards to the posts above about Danielson from the prospective of an indy promoter, he definitely hasn't gone down in price (if anything, based on what I know, he's gone up) and is definitely cashing in quite well on his recent attention.

If he's taking bookings in places he's never taken bookings before, well, it's because he's getting paid more to wrestle indies than before. I fully expect he plans on returning to WWE by the end of the year and he's profiting as much as he can right now in the meantime.

And good for him for finding a way to make indy wrestling a profitable venture.

Yeah but how many other guys fired by WWE over the years have been all over the indies this quick. They usually wait till their 90 day ends then take bookings more often than not.

I will believe this is a work until he shows up on TNA TV.

Yeah but how many other guys fired by WWE over the years have been all over the indies this quick. They usually wait till their 90 day ends then take bookings more often than not.

I will believe this is a work until he shows up on TNA TV.

WWE normally lets recently endeavored guys work indies as long as they don't appear on TV or PPV. That way they can claim they aren't depriving an "independent contractor" of the opportunity to obtain work.

The wizork begins:

After his match with Eddie Kingston at last night's CHIKARA event in Taylor, MI, Bryan Danielson made his first public statement since leaving WWE. He talks about people bringing ties to shows and says you can go out and mat wrestle hard and it's still PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0btknzcuGs

Anyone know the rules surrounding visas? Is there some kind of period required between visas where they can't be directly renewed? That's the only reason I can think of that this could occur.

It depends on how long they were working with expired visas. If they expired and just flew home to avoid trouble, it might not be a problem. If they got caught working with no visa, and actually got deported, it's trouble. Maybe WWE being a huge household name of a company will help move things along quickly, but it's usually pretty sticky.

So I like what they are doing with using the Nexus guys to try to breed dissension among the RAW guys, but this anonymous GM is getting lamer by the week. First off, they have his emails be announced with what apparently everyone in the world but Vince recognizes as the iPhone new message sound, and now they have the lights dimming to go with it. They set it up that the new GM wanted to remain unknown due to Bret getting beat up, and had him on the phone with Vince talking like they were friendly, but now they are trying to make people think the GM is Austin. It would make zero sense for it to be him, and it's like one of those Russo swerves everyone can see a mile away because what we're supposed to "fall for" is so obviously not true.