Pro Wrestling Only

CM Punk: Greatest Promo Ever

goodhelmet

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS Cena is fired and no one is talking about it lol

Punk already more or less buried the Cena is fired stipulation in the RAW promo last week. Not to mention that Cena has been all but established as the third wheel in this angle anyway.

Also, my buddy texted me (I work Sundays so I didn't get to watch) that Sin Cara looked to have gotten hurt.

PS Cena is fired and no one is talking about it lol

Punk already more or less buried the Cena is fired stipulation in the RAW promo last week. Not to mention that Cena has been all but established as the third wheel in this angle anyway.

Also, my buddy texted me (I work Sundays so I didn't get to watch) that Sin Cara looked to have gotten hurt.

Sheamus powerbombed him on a ladder to take him out of the MITB match and Sin Cara did the full out Terry Funk seizure sell job.

The Cara thing looked like a complete work. He had a great shine run before that, popped the crowd who were placid (with some boos) for his entrance... and then got out.

I thought the show was great. The SD MitB died for a while after the Cara thing, but picked up well, Danielson was a great "knat" and the finishing sequence was really good. Thankfully he wasn't bumped off or he'd've looked stupid for doing spots > grabbing it in that position.

Divas... eh. Show/Henry was as good as one could hope. Raw MitB was fun. Inferior to Smackdown's, the start was week and the melee atop the ladders was 'eh', but it had its share of cool spots and some very nasty looking falls.

Orton/Christian did nothing for me. The first half was really light, really loose, and some of those RKO teases were outright bad. But the crowd popped big for both Christian winning and Orton doing his psycho thing.

Cena/Punk took the crowd fo granted in the first half (hence then gradually quietening in the middle), but the finishing run was great fun, and some of those spots in the middle were nifty. I don't think it was a great match at all, but I enjoyed it tremendously.

Fat ass vs Strong guy, of course only a quarter star or so above the woman, I hate big men matches, they cant do anything.

That's hilarious. Especially considering how great this Mark Henry heel push is going. I'm actually a bit bummed that Christian won the strap, because I was hoping that after the feuds with Show and Christian, that Orton and Henry would feud for the strap.

Fat ass vs Strong guy, of course only a quarter star or so above the woman, I hate big men matches, they cant do anything.

That's hilarious. Especially considering how great this Mark Henry heel push is going. I'm actually a bit bummed that Christian won the strap, because I was hoping that after the feuds with Show and Christian, that Orton and Henry would feud for the strap.

I'd prefer to see Christian/Henry myself. Though it would be weird to see a heel vs. heel feud, I still think it would be awesome and that Henry and Christian could pull it off.

That Christian/Orton finish was quite a sight. I don't think I've ever seen a crowd pop so loud for someone getting kicked in the balls before.

There have been some excellent punt kicks to that particular region before - but yes - it was indeed awesome. It made Christian a better heel in the process.

I'd prefer to see Christian/Henry myself. Though it would be weird to see a heel vs. heel feud, I still think it would be awesome and that Henry and Christian could pull it off.

My ideal scenario would be Daniel Bryan cashing in and then going on to face Henry. We already know he's great at working big man/little man matches, and Mizark is on fire right now.

Posted Image

WWE Production has the Right Shot yet again? Have they had the wrong camera angle yet in this "shoot angle" where no one knows what's going on?

I think we shouldall be happy that Punk got a nice new contract out of the WWE as a part of this thing.

John

Christ... the posters in this thread three weeks ago "reported" that Punk had a new contract and this was all a bullshit work about him "leaving" as the WWE never would have let him say what he said if he was Leaving. Big scoop there, PWI Boyz...

Posted Image

John

Guest secondcoming

Posted Image

WWE Production has the Right Shot yet again? Have they had the wrong camera angle yet in this "shoot angle" where no one knows what's going on?

well said...

Johnny-on-the-spots

Wait, I wasn't going to say anything, but now that someone's seconded it and all...

How is that well said? This is a hugely effective angle, but it's still wrestling. No one in the world thinks that Punk is really gone with the belt. Everyone's just thinking.. "Are they really going to do this amazing wrestling angle?" because it's SO outlandish for WWE. It's so different from what we've been conditioned to expect from them. It's the diametric opposite of what we've been given for YEARS. Most of the time, hopes don't even get raised, and when they are, they are QUICKLY dashed. Everything's become so formulaic and repetitive with them neither calling upon new, original ideas OR the traditional stuff that worked effectively over the years in other territories.

WWE's doing this effectively now, though, and they're creating buzz and excitement and emotion and entertainment, and that they're smart enough to get awesome camera shots to help put forward the storyline doesn't make it seem any less real than it would otherwise to me. I think it helps the execution, not hurts it. I hadn't given it a second though until John brought it up and I'm still not giving it one now. The roar of the crowd made it feel chaotic. WWE getting a great camera shot isn't going to affect that much.

This is working because it's it's not a "Shoot Angle" like Hogan not wanting to lay down and DO THE JOB for Jarrett. It's an angle that plays on real feelings while staying completely within the rules of the fictional world of the WWE. I don't think anyone around here is trying to present it as anything else. I don't think Meltzer is. I can't speak for the PWI guys because I don't go there, but around here and DVDVR we're discussing is like it's a really unique angle where WWE is doing things that we have been trained to expect them not to do, and I'd only hope that WWE would plan to get awesome camera shots to help support the angle.

Or maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding what's being said here and this is all a knock on some part of the wrestling media that I'm luckily blind to, in which case, I'm sorry for going on.