Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

On the other hand, time machining back to January 1990, they only really one heel they could run opposite Flair if Flair stayed Face. That would be Lex, who turned heel around the same time Flair turned face. Can you run a nice long Face Flair vs Heel Lex to eat up most of the first part of 1990 before eventually turning Ric heel to face Sting at say Starcade '90? Well... they eventually did fill up most of the first half of 1990 with Flair-Lex, just with them in their natural roles. Didn't do great house show business. The PPV wasn't bad.

Why not Lex vs. Sting like I said? Lex was great as a heel, and kinda awkward as a face. The fans were really getting behind Sting. A portion of fans always want to cheer Flair, don't get that impression with Lex. Build Lex big as a heel champ after winning the title from Flair.

Lex-Sting, then Lex-Sid (whatever you say about him, he was crazy over), maybe back to Lex-Flair in 91 or build Windham properly and do Lex-Windham. 9 months or so out of the main event picture wouldn't do Flair any harm, or if the idea is to gradually phase him out, that's how. Eventually put Sting over big for the title.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to do War Games then you should do NWA vs. UWF where UWF wins that battle then you go to Starrcade where NWA wins the war by taking all the UWF titles.

Here's the problem:

JCP fans didn't give a shit about the UWF guys as UWF guys. I might have. You might have. But "UWF stuff" never flew with JCP fans. It meant dick on the cards that I went to out here. Doc as UWF Champ meant nothing.

Whether fans gave a shit about the Freebirds had nothing to do with "UWF", but whether they cared about the Birds.

There's not need to waste time with the UWF. What one should look at it as is the opportunity to get talent. I wouldn't go insane trying to grab everyone. Just the handful or so guys who could spruce up your product. Ted clearly could.

The problem is that Dusty liked Dusty talent.

The Fantastics could always have spruced up JCP, but Dusty didn't bring them in until his R'nR ran their course... and Corny had to ask Dusty to bring them in.

On the other hand, time machining back to January 1990, they only really one heel they could run opposite Flair if Flair stayed Face. That would be Lex, who turned heel around the same time Flair turned face. Can you run a nice long Face Flair vs Heel Lex to eat up most of the first part of 1990 before eventually turning Ric heel to face Sting at say Starcade '90? Well... they eventually did fill up most of the first half of 1990 with Flair-Lex, just with them in their natural roles. Didn't do great house show business. The PPV wasn't bad.

Why not Lex vs. Sting like I said? Lex was great as a heel, and kinda awkward as a face. The fans were really getting behind Sting. A portion of fans always want to cheer Flair, don't get that impression with Lex. Build Lex big as a heel champ after winning the title from Flair.

Lex-Sting, then Lex-Sid (whatever you say about him, he was crazy over), maybe back to Lex-Flair in 91 or build Windham properly and do Lex-Windham. 9 months or so out of the main event picture wouldn't do Flair any harm, or if the idea is to gradually phase him out, that's how. Eventually put Sting over big for the title.

Because you would have then burned Lex-Sting in 1990 rather than saving it for 1991 after Heel Flair dropped the title to Face Sting. It was the biggest problem of Sting's 1990 title reign: he had dick as far as opponent.

You build to Sting-Lex in a rational way, you've got a match. You do this in 1990:

Flair --> Lex

Huge Lex vs Sting~!

back to Lex vs Flair

Lex --> Flair

Huge Flair heel turn on Sting~!

Flair --> Sting

And you've hot shotted the motherfucker out of the title, and blown off a Lex-Sting feud you need in 1991.

As far as Side... he wasn't crazy over in a drawing way. Never was. He was one of those classic guys who got a pop for coming out, and then fell off from there. Undertaker was that way for years, only really turning around thanks to Stone Cols.

You don't even placate me in jest.

You have Eddie Gilbert under the mask, playing on their past together. Sting just mauls him incessantly. Towards the end of the match, there's a ref bump and Sting unmasks him in a big moment, but he gets it back on. At that point a second Black Scorpion comes out and tosses the mangled Gilbert out. Fans are pissed to no end since there's a big size difference between the two. The fresh second Scorpion gets a cheap win as the groggy ref can't tell the difference. Second Scorpion unmasks and it's Windham.

Next WCW SN (or Clash, i'm flexible). Flair comes out and he's proud of Barry but it's tense. Too tense. Barry turns on Flair with Sid and they start to beat him down. Arn fights back and Doom runs out to make it 4 on 2. Flair and Arn get laid out. The build to War Games is Flair and Arn recruiting Sting and Luger for Horsemen War. Maybe Sid gets Luger's belt as part of the build and to get over the heel Horsemen as the second coming of the "All the belts" version from years earlier, maybe not.

If you are going to do War Games then you should do NWA vs. UWF where UWF wins that battle then you go to Starrcade where NWA wins the war by taking all the UWF titles.

Here's the problem:

JCP fans didn't give a shit about the UWF guys as UWF guys. I might have. You might have. But "UWF stuff" never flew with JCP fans. It meant dick on the cards that I went to out here. Doc as UWF Champ meant nothing.

Whether fans gave a shit about the Freebirds had nothing to do with "UWF", but whether they cared about the Birds.

There's not need to waste time with the UWF. What one should look at it as is the opportunity to get talent. I wouldn't go insane trying to grab everyone. Just the handful or so guys who could spruce up your product. Ted clearly could.

The problem is that Dusty liked Dusty talent.

The Fantastics could always have spruced up JCP, but Dusty didn't bring them in until his R'nR ran their course... and Corny had to ask Dusty to bring them in.

That's where in your booking you make them care. If you know what you're doing you can get just about anything over. You gotta think about it.....there was no such thing as an invasion angle at that time and if you have a promotion coming in to attack another promotion both faces and heels thus forcing eternal rivals like Dusty & Flair and so on to form a common bond to take care of the invaders then you have something really fresh and new. Now to make this work you had to bring back Duggan who was a free agent when JCP bought UWF and you gotta keep DiBiase. You also do the same in the Watts markets where it's like Canada in 1997 with the Harts as faces so you have the roles in reverse and you get DiBiase working with eternal rival Michael Hayes.

I think Duggan already headed to the WWF, and his minor "suspension" was something that they would overlook quick. He had a track record of a desire for the big lights of the WWF, so even if you some how brought him in, he'd quickly be wanting to go back to the WWF... and Vince would have no issues trying to get him to be a big pain in the ass again.

I just don't think UWF guys meant anything in JCP in general. Doesn't really matter of folks hadn't seen an Invasion angle before. The only one fans would have cared about was WWF vs JCP, and only then with Hogan leading the WWF (i.e. not giving a crap if third tier WWF guys invaded JCP).

If I had to invest in Flair and Dusty joining hands, I'd rather do it against a tweeked Horsemen with Ted than against a UWF. It's something my JCP fans got and bought into.

Mentioned earlier that I don't really care about Watt's cities in 1987. They were dead. JCP had enough good cities in 1986 into 1987. What they didn't have was a good program for Flair after Barry, on top of rehashing MX vs R'nR yet again, or anything for Lex after Nikita (I thought Lex vs Dusty are a horrible program for Lex), or...

I'd just rather focusing on making JCP strong rather than trying to figure out a 10-15 man faux "UWF" to run in JCP. I'd rather pick off the useful guys like Ted on top, long term "prospects" like Steiner and Sting, useful mid carders like Eddie and a heel Taylor (though Dusty seemed to hate him at the time). I'd let Vince take Gang, wouldn't mind if he took Doc and then in a couple of years perhaps pick him off after he bombed out. I would have busted my ass to keep Bubba, though he was JCP anyway. I flat out would have used the Birds better, sent Gordy off for knee surgery and full rehab and look for a long term Buddy heir who wasn't Jimmy Garvin but another young workhorse who wasn't a talker and could use Hayes as the mic guy for him. Etc.

Can we have a fantasy booking thread or is that considered too Dungeons and Dragons for the cool kids?

Because I actually love this shit.

I would play too if given a fantasy booking challenge, like "Book 1990 WCW using talents that they actually have, or talents they could realistically get"... if it gets too alternate universe-y, it isn't as fun.

I think Duggan already headed to the WWF, and his minor "suspension" was something that they would overlook quick. He had a track record of a desire for the big lights of the WWF, so even if you some how brought him in, he'd quickly be wanting to go back to the WWF... and Vince would have no issues trying to get him to be a big pain in the ass again.

I just don't think UWF guys meant anything in JCP in general. Doesn't really matter of folks hadn't seen an Invasion angle before. The only one fans would have cared about was WWF vs JCP, and only then with Hogan leading the WWF (i.e. not giving a crap if third tier WWF guys invaded JCP).

If I had to invest in Flair and Dusty joining hands, I'd rather do it against a tweeked Horsemen with Ted than against a UWF. It's something my JCP fans got and bought into.

Mentioned earlier that I don't really care about Watt's cities in 1987. They were dead. JCP had enough good cities in 1986 into 1987. What they didn't have was a good program for Flair after Barry, on top of rehashing MX vs R'nR yet again, or anything for Lex after Nikita (I thought Lex vs Dusty are a horrible program for Lex), or...

I'd just rather focusing on making JCP strong rather than trying to figure out a 10-15 man faux "UWF" to run in JCP. I'd rather pick off the useful guys like Ted on top, long term "prospects" like Steiner and Sting, useful mid carders like Eddie and a heel Taylor (though Dusty seemed to hate him at the time). I'd let Vince take Gang, wouldn't mind if he took Doc and then in a couple of years perhaps pick him off after he bombed out. I would have busted my ass to keep Bubba, though he was JCP anyway. I flat out would have used the Birds better, sent Gordy off for knee surgery and full rehab and look for a long term Buddy heir who wasn't Jimmy Garvin but another young workhorse who wasn't a talker and could use Hayes as the mic guy for him. Etc.

Duggan was free at the time of the buyout and was trying to get in JCP at one point.

I totally understand your talking points here but if you don't think the UWF mattered to JCP area fans then how is it they drew double the house at the Omni a week after JCP ran there.

JCP @ Atlanta, GA - The Omni - April 5, 1987 (4,000)

Tim Horner d. Sean Royal

Lazertron d. Chris Champion

Baron Von Raschke d. Ricky Lee Jones

The Midnight Express d. Ronnie Garvin & Barry Windham

Ivan Koloff & Vladimir Petrov battled The Road Warriors to a no contest

Ole Anderson d. Tully Blanchard

Dusty Rhodes d. Arn Anderson

US Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger d. Nikita Koloff © by DQ

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair © d. Jimmy Garvin by DQ

UWF @ Atlanta, GA - The Omni - April 12, 1987 (8,500)

The Missing Link d. Jimmy Powell

Deep South Tag Titles: The Masked Nightmares © d. John Michaels & Ranger Ross

The Assassin d. Randy Rose

Atlanta Street Fight: Savannah Jack d. Iceman Parsons

Loser Leaves Town for the Deep South US Title: Grizzly Boone d. Mike Golden ©

UWF Tag Titles: Rick Steiner & Sting d. Chris Adams & Terry Taylor ©

Badstreet Match: The Fabulous Freebirds d. Angel of Death, Bill Irwin, & The Viking

UWF Heavyweight Title – SR: Terry Gordy: Steve Williams d. One Man Gang © by DQ

Sure it's not Greensboro, Charlotte, Richmond, whatever but compare the lineups and look at the crowd numbers. There is a story to tell there.

It it should be pointed out that Ted in the 1987 scenario is not realistic: have to assume Vince would have the same ideas and make the same plays. Crockett couldn't get Ted.

Crockett could have gotten Ted but they didn't want to pay him what he wanted.

It it should be pointed out that Ted in the 1987 scenario is not realistic: have to assume Vince would have the same ideas and make the same plays. Crockett couldn't get Ted.

Crockett could have gotten Ted but they didn't want to pay him what he wanted.

If it came down to it though, he had a choice between going to New York and playing "the gimmick McMahon would want to play himself" with all the perks that entailed vague promises of a world title run, vs. ... well, what were Crockett offering?

Was Flair really up for letting Ted have a run with the NWA title during his peak period in 1987? I can't see any less than a lot of money + a guaranteed world title run for DiBiase to opt for JCP over WWF at that stage.

I seem to recall that he was in Japan while a lot of this was going on and more or less had a choice on his return. I think it was assumed he'd be working in the NWA with all the other UWF guys, but no formal offer had been made, and Vince nabbed him.

Ted leading the Horsemen vs. a face Flair is probably the most run fantasy angle I've seen. I feel like I've seen it over and over again.

Ted was in WWF before the gimmick came to him. He wasn't brought in to play the gimmick it came to him after he got there.

I've never heard this before Kris. What makes you say that? The way I've always heard it told by Ted himself, Pat Patterson and others is that it was put to him around the time of the All Japan tour. That he flew there for a secret meeting and that was the basis of his signing. He worked dates in late 87 before the debut of the gimmick, but I think he and they already had the idea in mind and had discussed it before then. He signed to work the gimmick.

Perhaps that is a myth they've spun after the fact, but it's always been told that way.

Dibiase worked face in the UWF towns while they were debuting the Million Dollar Man vignettes. I think he worked one match in Houston against One Man Gang before the first vignette. They later gave a kayfabe reason in Texas for his heel turn saying that he'd inherited a bunch of money from a dead relative.

There is video of Ted as a face on WWF cards in Houston before he turned into the Million Dollar Man. From my lists:

3342 Landy’s WWF House shows: Houston 5/15/87 1 hour VG/EX-

Local Promos, Young Stallions vs. The Shadows, Fabulous Moolah (Ladies Champ) vs.

Angie Minelli, Iron Mike Sharpe vs. Sam Houston, Ted DiBiase announces he’s signed with

The WWF, DiBiase confrontation with One Man Gang and Slick, Hacksaw Duggan vs.

Nicolai Volkoff, Rick Steamboat (WWF IC Champ) vs. Randy Savage.

The show after that, Ted teamed with Sam Houston vs. OMG and..I'm blanking on the partner. I have it on my newer list.

Ted definitely worked for WWF a good bit before the Million Dollar Man gimmick debuted. All through the summer, mainly in Watts towns.

But he's always said that the gimmick was planned before that and prior to his signing. He had a secret meeting because it couldn't be discussed on the phone. Vince had reportedly had the idea for some time and even considered Nick Bockwinkel among others for the role before settling on Ted.

I don't know why there was such a big gap between Ted signing and his TV debut.

Duggan was free at the time of the buyout and was trying to get in JCP at one point.

Duggan was working for the WWF at the time of the purchase in April 1987. The dope bust was on May 26, 1987. He was back in September after the Boesch show in August. If JCP made a push, Vince would have slipped him something under the table to stick around. Also, Duggan had proven in the UWF that he was a total asshole about wanting to go to the WWF, to the point that Watts finally told him to get the fuck out of town despite having him locked down under contract. Not to mention Vince not giving a crap about the contract when chasing Duggan.

I wouldn't want that headache. Hell, if I had to chase someone that Vince got rid of because of partying in 1987, it would have been the Midnight Rockers.

I totally understand your talking points here but if you don't think the UWF mattered to JCP area fans then how is it they drew double the house at the Omni a week after JCP ran there.

JCP @ Atlanta, GA - The Omni - April 5, 1987 (4,000)

Tim Horner d. Sean Royal

Lazertron d. Chris Champion

Baron Von Raschke d. Ricky Lee Jones

The Midnight Express d. Ronnie Garvin & Barry Windham

Ivan Koloff & Vladimir Petrov battled The Road Warriors to a no contest

Ole Anderson d. Tully Blanchard

Dusty Rhodes d. Arn Anderson

US Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger d. Nikita Koloff © by DQ

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair © d. Jimmy Garvin by DQ

UWF @ Atlanta, GA - The Omni - April 12, 1987 (8,500)

The Missing Link d. Jimmy Powell

Deep South Tag Titles: The Masked Nightmares © d. John Michaels & Ranger Ross

The Assassin d. Randy Rose

Atlanta Street Fight: Savannah Jack d. Iceman Parsons

Loser Leaves Town for the Deep South US Title: Grizzly Boone d. Mike Golden ©

UWF Tag Titles: Rick Steiner & Sting d. Chris Adams & Terry Taylor ©

Badstreet Match: The Fabulous Freebirds d. Angel of Death, Bill Irwin, & The Viking

UWF Heavyweight Title – SR: Terry Gordy: Steve Williams d. One Man Gang © by DQ

Sure it's not Greensboro, Charlotte, Richmond, whatever but compare the lineups and look at the crowd numbers. There is a story to tell there.

It's a one time appearance that drew. They never replicated it. They also bombed everywhere else that they attempted to expanded to.

Then look at the talent. Who do you think drew? I don't think it was the main event, since Doc never drew for JCP. The tag title match was wild, but those four meant nothing in Atlanta at the time. Everything below it is garbage. So... it's the Birds. :/

Then figure out what talent you want off that, eliminating the Deep South local talent:

Total Garbage: The Missing Link, Savannah Jack, Angel of Death, Bill Irwin, The Viking

Paul Jones Army Level Talent: Iceman Parsons

Good Prospects: Rick Steiner, Sting

Widely Known Asshole: Chris Adams

Useful After Heel Turn: Terry Taylor

These Guys Are Good Though Past Their Peak: The Fabulous Freebirds

Let's Vince Get This Fat Boy: One Man Gang

Top Guy Who Wasn't "Top Guy Over": Steve Williams

So...

JCP doesn't need the Garbage guys. They already had garbage guys, and at any time could bring in someone like Link for a feud with Valiant. I don't see the point on Parsons either.

Adams was a jack ass. He had some value on paper since he could work both heel and face, and you could run him in the midcard /undercard against some lower ranked face or heel. But... he was an asshole. I don't see the value. You're far better off taking Eddie Gilbert since he could work both ways, had the "hot" girlfriend, could manage if needed, and was less of an asshole.

Vince liked fatboys to run at Hogan. JCP didn't really run fatboys, with the exception of Bubba... who really wasn't sold as a fatboy. Let Vince take him.

Doc bombed in JCP until he got in the Varsity Club. For the life of me, I don't know how you create something like that in 1987. You don't want him to be Buddy's replacement in the Birds since (i) he doesn't fit the attitude, and (ii) it makes for two Big Guys without the glue-guy bumper seller. I'd frankly let him go to Vince to save more money for Ted.

Which leaves:

Rick Steiner and Sting were good prospects. I very much would have looked to keep them, and looked to find some way to keep Sting out of the eye of Vince. That's my worst nightmare as JCP: Vince getting Sting to be a far better version of Warrior. I'd really work on slow building him up, pairing him with guys who could work to learn the ropes, etc. Rick... I liked.

Terry Taylor was fab after the heel turn. He was bland as a face. I didn't envision him as a heel before he actually turned, then thought he was instantly a very good mid-card heel. If I were smart enough to have seen that at the time, I flat out would have gotten him.

And of course The Freebirds. Obviously they were past their earlier Georgia, Mid South and World Class peak. But they'd never had a big push in JCP, and *probably* could be positioned as tweeners: heels against the faces, and faces against heels like the Horsemen. I might not want to get things confused and instead have them be something clear. But I would push them, and push them hard... as in they're winning their first feud in, and I'm putting some belts on them.

Two major concerns:

* Gordy's knee

That has to be dealt with. The problem is that it's wrestling and you basically have to keep working. You've got to do something about it.

* Buddy's long term replacement

Just has to be done. I don't have a great idea who would fit, just that I wouldn't want Garvin in there. I'd want someone bigger than Buddy, but not Terry sized.

If we're going to get Gordy's knee worked on, then you want to do that while Buddy is still around and you introduce the guy who will replace Buddy eventually. When Gordy comes back, then Buddy can retire. So... I would avoid Birds vs Road Warriors while Gordy is out. You also run into an issue of Birds vs MX & Bubba if there's no Gordy, since you need a Big opposite of Bubba. But there's lots of other things you can run.

Anyway, that's all off that card that's of any value to me: Birds, Sting, Steiner and Taylor.

Other guys who come to mind that I'd want would be Ted and Eddie Gilbert. I'd want the Fantastics, but they already left UWF at that point and were effectively free agents. I wouldn't want any of the chum of the promotions.

Of course they couldn't replicate it because they were bought out a week later.

From being at both shows I can remember a buzz about the UWF coming to town for the first time and Pedicino did a helluva job promoting it on his TV. Very few knew at the time that the UWF was being bought out the next week.

Regarding Duggan yeah you are right as I got my timeline wrong as he was fired in June and I remember Meltz reporting at the time that he was backstage at a JCP/UWF taping trying to get back in.

Regarding the UWF talent they kept you can see who made the cut by looking at the TV tapings post buyout

UWF @ Fort Worth, TX - Cowtown Coliseum - April 18, 1987 (1,800)

Chavo Guerrero d. Bob Bradley

Steve Cox d. Gary Young

Handicap: Big Bubba Rogers d. The Glassman & Mike Reed

Iceman Parsons d. Bobby Howell

Angel of Death d. Buddy Roberts

Steve Williams d. The Viking

Street Fight: Iceman Parsons d. Savannah Jack

Steve Williams d. Bob Bradley

Gary Young d. Craig Whitford

Iceman Parsons d. The Glassman

UWF TV Title: Eddie Gilbert © d. Sam Houston

Angel of Death battled Michael Hayes to a DDQ

UWF Heavyweight Title: One Man Gang © battled Terry Gordy to a DDQ

UWF @ Muskogee, OK - Civic Center - April 19, 1987

UWF Heavyweight Title: Big Bubba Rogers d. One Man Gang ©

Chris Adams & Terry Taylor d. Bob Bradley & The Red Devil

Steve Cox d. The Super Ninja

Chavo Guerrero d. Mike Boyette

Iceman Parsons d. Jeff Raitz

#1 Contender Match for the UWF Heavyweight Title: Chris Adams d. Terry Taylor by countout

Big Bubba Rogers d. Steve Cox

Angel of Death d. Mike Reed

Steve Williams d. Wild Bill Irwin

UWF @ Fort Worth, TX - Cowtown Coliseum - May 2, 1987 (1,100)

Barry Windham d. Super Ninja

Rick Steiner & Sting d. The Glassman & Hank Wilbourn

Vladimir Petrov d. Ken Massey

Chris Adams d. Craig Whitfield

Iceman Parsons d. Jeff Raitz

Steve Williams d. Mike Boyette

Handicap: Big Bubba Rogers d. David Price & ?

Vladimir Petrov d. Jeff Raitz

Barry Windham d. Gary Young

Chris Adams d. The Thunderbird

Steve Cox d. Super Ninja

Handicap: Big Bubba Rogers d. The Beach Boys

Rick Steiner & Sting d. The Glassman & Bobby Howell

Steve Williams d. Ron Ellis

UWF Heavyweight Title: Big Bubba Rogers © d. Barry Windham by countout

UWF Tag Titles: Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams d. Rick Steiner & Sting © by DQ

UWF @ Tulsa, OK - Convention Center - May 3, 1987

Barry Windham d. Bob Bradley

Vladimir Petrov d. Bobby Howell

#1 Contender Match for the UWF Heavyweight Title: Terry Taylor d. Chris Adams by countout

Rick Steiner & Sting d. The Glassman & Bobby Howell

Barry Windham d. Mike Boyette

Steve Cox fought Iceman Parsons to a draw

Big Bubba Rogers d. Ron Ellis

Terry Taylor d. Jeff Raitz

Vladimir Petrov d. Ken Massey

UWF Heavyweight Title: Big Bubba Rogers © d. Barry Windham by countout

UWF Tag Titles: Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams d. Rick Steiner & Sting © by DQ

UWF @ Shreveport, LA - Memorial Coliseum - May 16, 1987 (3,000)

Barry Windham d. Mike Reed

Steve Cox d. Terry Taylor by DQ

Davey Haskins d. Gary Young by DQ

The Lightning Express d. Bob Bradley & Red Devil

Big Bubba Rogers d. Steve Welles

Eddie Gilbert, Rick Steiner, & Sting d. Bobby Howell, Craig Whitford, & Hank Wilbourn

Angel of Death d. Ron Ellis

The Lightning Express d. Mike Boyette & Red Devil

Chris Adams d. Hank Wilbourn

Black Bart d. Bobby Howell

Chris Adams battled Terry Taylor to a double countout

UWF Tag Titles: Steve Williams & Barry Windham d. Rick Steiner & Sting © by DQ

UWF @ Tulsa, OK - Convention Center - May 17, 1987

#1 Contender Match for the UWF Heavyweight Title: Steve Williams d. Eddie Gilbert

Barry Windham d. Red Devil

Davey Haskins d. Terry Taylor by DQ

Barry Windham d. Ron Ellis

UWF Tag Titles: The Lightning Express d. Rick Steiner & Sting ©

Barry Windham d. Terry Taylor by DQ

UWF @ Monroe, LA - Civic Center - May 30, 1987

Terry Taylor d. Ron Ellis

The Lightning Express d. Mike Boyette & Gary Young

The Enforcers d. Bobby Howell & Craig Whitford

Black Bart d. Jeff Raitz

Terry Gordy d. Dick Murdoch by DQ

Chris Adams d. Red Devil

Rick Steiner d. Bobby Howell

Chavo Guerrero d. Mike Boyette

Steve Cox d. Big Bubba Rogers by DQ

Eddie Gilbert & Dick Murdoch d. Craig Whitford & Hank Wilburn

Davey Haskins & The Lightning Express d. The Angel of Death & The Enforcers by DQ

Terry Gordy d. Bob Bradley

UWF @ Little Rock, AR - Barton Coliseum - May 31, 1987 (2,700)

The Lightning Express d. Bob Bradley & Ron Ellis

#1 Contender Match for the UWF Heavyweight Title: Terry Taylor d. Sting

Black Bart d. Bobby Howell

Dick Murdoch d. Steve Cox

The Fabulous Freebirds d. Angel of Death & Mike Boyette

Dick Murdoch d. Jeff Raitz

The Enforcers & Shaska Whatley d. Bobby Howell, Ken Massey, & Hank Wilburn

Chris Adams d. Mike Boyette

Big Bubba Rogers d. Craig Whitford

Sting d. Ron Ellis

Chavo Guerrero battled Rick Steiner to a double countout

The Lightning Express d. Bob Bradley & Gary Young

Eddie Gilbert & Terry Taylor d. Steve Cox & Davey Haskins

UWF Tag Titles: The Lightning Express © d. Black Bart & Big Bubba Rogers

You can see how the talent evolved greatly throughout April-May.