Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard anything about Flair since Reid passed. I'm sure he's having a tough time, but has Dave talked about it where maybe I just missed it? Just curious how well he's holding up.

He was at NXT tonight managing his daughter who made her debut. He looked about the same and started crying after Charlotte won her match.

I thought he was appearing on wifeswap with Roddy Piper soon.

Apparently on that show he's shown leading "a flashy lifestyle".

Who is going to pay $500 to talk to Flair for 5 minutes?

Also, what's that $5k big gold belt he's selling?

That was taped ages ago

• 2 weeks later...

I dvr'd Wife Swap. Debating whether I should watch it or sit in a dark room and cry. Kind of a toss-up. Seems like the result will be the same with either one.

Just watched it, not nearly as depressing as I thought it would be. Flair clearly has serious problems, Piper actually seems to have his shit together apparently.

Basically, Mrs. Piper thought Flair spent too much time carousing around town with his fans when he ought to be at home spending time with the kids of his fourth wife. Is Fifi The Maid his current wife? Anyways, her plan was to make him go to the grocery store incognito so that he could get a taste of normalcy. This seems fine but then they slapped that ridiculously fake mustache on his face. My parents thought that was a howl though so maybe that was the idea. Flair was selling the show for all its worth. My favorite line was "I just bought ham. I don't even eat ham." that made all of us laugh.

Piper seems a pretty cool dude when he is subdued and not a total spaz. Flair has all the problems that we know. Piper's problems is that he is a bit of a cheapskate and he lets his wife do all the chores around the farm/ranch.

• 2 weeks later...

Ric Flair explains failure to pay spousal support

The reason I didn't pay my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital for a month. I was in the hospital for a month with a blood clot. I didn’t go to work for three months.

It’s worth noting that Flair owes Beems 8 months of alimony, dating back to late last year. Thus, it’s disingenuous to suggest that his inability/refusal to pay was entirely due to his health problems and bereavement this spring.

Anyone check out Ashley Flair's debut on NXT this week yet?

Unlike some I don't think she is a massive departure from the Diva look besides her height. To me she comes across more like a Von Erich daughter than a Flair daughter. She has this tall athletic body, with leaping ability and blondish hair instead the skinny upper bodied Reid and David.

Posted Image

Fliehr signed a developmental contract with WWE and was assigned to its developmental territory NXT Wrestling (NXT),[4] where she was given the ring name Charlotte.

Charlotte?! That's all the writers could come up with? Fucking hell, how do these guys keep their jobs. Whoever is in charge of names for WWE does the worst job imaginable. Dolph Ziggler is the most striking example, but the list is endless.

"Here is your new Divas Champion....Charlotte."

Sunshine, Precious, Bambi ... it's not even just a WWE thing. Wrestling promoters assume that male fans don't care what womens' last names are. I'm sad to think of how often they may be right. I'm also not sure how only giving male wrestlers last names -- Batista, Goldberg, Ryback, Finlay, Saturn -- fits into that, if it does at all.