Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Has anybody seen the PWS Super Show 2013. I have it ready to watch and it looks really interesting, however I haven't heard much hype for it.

It has some really interesting looking stuff.

Like:

Kevin Steen vs. Dan Maff

Elijah Burke vs. John MOrrison

Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. Briscoe Brothers

Kevin Matthews vs. Colt Cabana

Vader vs. AC Gamble

Heavenly Bodies & Tom Pritchard vs. Rock 'n' Roll Express & Big O

John Morrison vs. Jushin Liger

New Jack vs. Necro Butcher (New Jack's Retirement Match)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody seen the PWS Super Show 2013. I have it ready to watch and it looks really interesting, however I haven't heard much hype for it.

Like:

Kevin Steen vs. Dan Maff

Vader vs. AC Gamble

I went to night 1 with Cox. Steen vs Maff was fun while it lasted but the finish came out of nowhere and was kind of an obvious hint that Steen was dropping the ROH title the next night. Burke vs Morrison was a solidly competent/professional match between former WWE guys but not worth going out of your way to see. R&R vs Briscoes is probably nor nearly as interesting on tape as it was live since it was basically designed to give Northeast & traveling fans a chance to see R&R hit their big spots live. Matthew vs Cabana was good but it was mostly Cabana. Matthews wasn't BAD but he totally comes off as a guy playing champion in his own promotion for no good reason.

From Bryan Alvarez's daily update today:

The WWE Total Divas show is going to highlight the dating life of all the girls, including the Bellas (one of whom is dating Daniel Bryan and one of whom dated at least for a period John Cena) and Nattie Neidhart (dating Tyson Kidd, which kills off the TV angle of her dating Khali).

How does this kill off a TV angle that not a single fan cares enough about to believe is true?

Like:

Kevin Steen vs. Dan Maff

Vader vs. AC Gamble

there's this handheld of some of it -

Just found this in a 1962 British wrestling program. Looks like Monsoon and Hayes weren't the first to start the public references.

In spite of recent public health scares about smoking, Gorgeous Terry Garvin, the cigar-puffing glamour boy from America, is rarely seen without an oversized specimen stuck between his teeth, especially just before he goes into the ring.

There's a channel on youtube (that I have been subscribed to for some time) that has uploaded two Mil Mascaras vs. El Halcon matches from Japan, and one Masa Fuchi vs. Dos Caras match from 1978, as well as Onita vs Halcon. I haven't seen any of them yet and I could be very wrong here but I only recall having seen short clips of Mascaras vs Halcon before, so it may be the first time they have been on youtube or DVD trades outside of Japan.

Pointing this out mainly because this dude is uploading other AJPW on his channel so there may be some stuff that some people here consider small gems. Easy to find channel if you look for Mil Mascaras vs. Halcon (or Tenryu vs One Man Gang if you dare...).

New Jack will debut tonight on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart in an episode that airs tonight at 11 PM with a number of replays over the next 24 hours.

We have heard that Jack will be appearing as something of an "urban correspondent" and may be semi-regularly appearing on the series.

Mick Foley has appeared on the show in the past.

Man

New Jack will debut tonight on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart in an episode that airs tonight at 11 PM with a number of replays over the next 24 hours.

We have heard that Jack will be appearing as something of an "urban correspondent" and may be semi-regularly appearing on the series.

Mick Foley has appeared on the show in the past.

Man

That segment is my first recommendation for the 2013 Yearbook to be released in 2027. :)

Kobashi finally called it a day today:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Final Burning in Budokan - Kenta Kobashi’s Retirement Commemorative 8 Man Tag Match: Kenta Kobashi, Jun Akiyama, Keiji Muto, & Kensuke Sasaki vs. Go Shiozaki, KENTA, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & Maybach Taniguch

Thanks for the hat tip pantherwagner. My favorite video is Dos Caras & Mil Mascaras vs. Great Kojika, Motoshi Okuma from 1978 and seeing Halcon is neat, too. I am a sucker for Showa under- and midcarders (it can be debated that Kojika/Okuma were at times booked higher)

Dylan Waco et al. any thoughts on Ted DiBiase's first match back on TV in the first match of Superstars:

Link to the show

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzsgy0_ww...=2#.UY-bQbWG2Sq

He looked really impressive.

Decent match. Both guys worked hard with the time they were given. Not in the same universe as high end Masters/Drew Mac Superstars matches

Thanks for the hat tip pantherwagner. My favorite video is Dos Caras & Mil Mascaras vs. Great Kojika, Motoshi Okuma from 1978 and seeing Halcon is neat, too. I am a sucker for Showa under- and midcarders (it can be debated that Kojika/Okuma were at times booked higher)

You will get a kick out of that guy's channel then, there's plenty of Mighty Inoue (my favourite Showa Era low/mid card guy).

My brother and I usually watch RAW on the weekends. During the Ryback/Kane match, we could not stop laughing at a point in the match where Ryback and Kane ran past each other and ducked at the same time. It was like straight out of a wrestling video game when you both are running the ropes and each person hist reverse and you bot duck at the same time. Easily the funniest moment of the year and almost as funny as Scotty Steiner's sell of a phantom punch on a random Impact years back.