Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I understand this criteria:

El Santo and Rikidozan were also not included because they never looked for work outside their home countries.

So only foreign guys who worked on American soil count?

Does that also mean that any Japanese wrestler who worked in the US but not for WWF, but then worked on those co-promoted Tokyo shows in the early 90s would be disqualified? Did Jumbo ever work for WWF outside of those shows?

Also, by that proviso and the mention of Thesz, this is ALL TIME.

New Jack is there but Gorgeous George doesn't make the grade?

The criteria is convoluted, it's something like:

Wrestlers who might have feasibly worked for WWE but never did

Did Wahoo ever work for WWE? With Chief-Jay Strongbow there, I can't imagine there would have been a spot for him.

EDIT: Oh, he got his start there in 1965. Doesn't ever seem to have gone back though. Strange.

Wahoo had heat with Jay over the gimmick. Jules didn't mind. (Jules is my co-worker BTW)

Not sure I understand this criteria:

El Santo and Rikidozan were also not included because they never looked for work outside their home countries.

So only foreign guys who worked on American soil count?

Does that also mean that any Japanese wrestler who worked in the US but not for WWF, but then worked on those co-promoted Tokyo shows in the early 90s would be disqualified? Did Jumbo ever work for WWF outside of those shows?

Also, by that proviso and the mention of Thesz, this is ALL TIME.

New Jack is there but Gorgeous George doesn't make the grade?

The criteria is convoluted, it's something like:

Wrestlers who might have feasibly worked for WWE but never did

It's not even true, anyway. Santo regularly worked in the US (mainly in Texas). Rikidozan worked in the US at times, too.

Jumbo is one of those guys who technically doesn't meet any of the criteria because he worked both an MSG shot early in his career and in that tag match w/ Haku vs Martel & Perfect at the Wrestling Summit at the Tokyo Dome. Gorgeous George died right as the company became the WWWF, which it seems like they use as the threshold and not Vince Sr. starting or taking control of MSG or anything like that.

Are you sure Johnny?

Only Strongbow here:

This site lists Wahoo coming out during the Kwang but, but it's Strongbow.

PAY YOUR GIFT TAXES TATANKA!

Tatanka's journey is pretty dark if you think about it. IRS wrecks his ceremonial gear and then he sells out to DiBiase and ends up tagging with the man who destroyed his heritage. Vince McMahon's post-colonial commentary on the fate of the Native American peoples.

I may have mentioned this already but I saw Bull Nakano at a 7-Eleven type place. She had a Dump Matsumoto type girl with her, much younger but short and stocky with David Beckham style hair, carrying her bags. She looked like a pro wrestler for sure. There was a guy waiting for them outside that looked like a mini Animal Hamaguchi. I said hi and asked about her bar and she kind of acted like she didn't understand (maybe she didn't) , she looked aloof, all of this while Dump Jr. was looking at me dumbfounded. I smiled, said have a nice day and moved on but that was a weird encounter. They looked like a pretty odd trio. Bull looks very pretty sometimes but here she looked much older than 45 and was having a bad hair day.

I'm pretty sure that yesterday I saw Atsushi Onita having a smoke outside a joint also in Nakano (close to Shinjuku in tokyo). He looked like absolute shit and was dressing like a mid 20s guy from Shibuya.

I wanted to randomly meet Hase when I was in Kanazawa last week, didn't even know he was running there until I saw a few campaign posters on the street. Instead I had to see freakin Onita, oh well.