Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

I really enjoyed the Meltzer and Scott Williams Mid-South podcast from a week or so back. Listened to it in the car earlier. Excellent, Meltzer seemed really excited to be talking about it and was much more energised than usual.

It was also fun when Bix called in.

I couldn't help but noted this down though:

[Referring to Mid-south's decline] "Of course, the economy had a lot to do with it" - Dave Meltzer. Try saying that on here, Dave. :)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started my adventures into the DVDVR Top 50 AWA matches last night. Bock & Saito vs. High Flyers. Slow starting match, but I really enjoyed the FIP spots with Brunzell. I can see my eyes being opened to some people I previously dismissed slightly on this set.

But my god, Gagne is the shits.

I forget which one it is (maybe the one where he's interviewed with Heenan) but one of the Cornette shoot interviews has a bonus feature where he gives a tour of his collection.

Cornette/Heenan Vol. 3. The whole thing is them walking through Cornette's house and commenting on items.

Took a guy two years to make this insane history of the WWF using Minecraft. There's 1021 illustrated figures total in there.. everyone from Invader #2 to Alex "The Pug" Porteau to Takao Omori and Doug Gilbert..

Sadly, he is not going to be selling these. I had actually bought one from him yesterday, but he refunded me today saying that WWE had found out about it and rather than deal with WWE legal coming after him, he is just going to give away a few prints and work on maybe trying to get WWE to sell these officially.

I forget which one it is (maybe the one where he's interviewed with Heenan) but one of the Cornette shoot interviews has a bonus feature where he gives a tour of his collection.

The bonus section is from the first interview that he did with Feinstein in 2000. As Bix said, the Cornette/Heenan vol. 3 is where they take a tour of his collection commenting and talking about the various items.

Guest The Jiz

It's good to see The Jiz back on the board. Welcome back, Jiz.

Jiz, what exactly did Dana White say or do?

Thanks. Just been busy. More than what Sek said, White tried to frame the decision by appealing to the lowest common denominator who see MMA fights not as a round-for-round affair but who took the biggest pounding. He attacked the Nevada Athletic Commission as corrupt, acting like the fight was one-sided when Meltzer and most of press row felt GSP won. Obviously White was trying to hustle tickets. GSP drew millions for White, gave the sport a respectable image, yet White has the nerve to tell a concussed man that he owes him another fight. It was disgusting. Not even Vince was that bad. Dana White is a chickenhawk.

It was a close fight, it may have looked different live (Dave often says his opinion who wins changes based on if he was seeing a fight live or on TV) but I felt that giving GSP anything more than two rounds was a gift.

That doesn't take away that Dana came off as the white MMA version of Don King last night.