Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Posted Image

Doing this spot in front of what, a couple hundred fans? And it means less than a good clothesline in a match with psychology.

When will they ever learn...

Obviously never. Some people never will. I don't know what's worse, the workers doing that spot, the live fans clamoring for shit like that or the people in charge (assuming there's someone in the back, like a road agent at that Indy or something) allowing them to.

How does that even come up? "Let's do a Spike Tombstone/Double Stomp through a table from the apron to the floor. That will get a pop, right!?"

I thought the ROH Piledriver on the apron was bad...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I read, it was the finish.

Well, good.

For the record, I don't have a problem with it. I'm assuming all three guys involved agreed to the spot. They're adults. They can do what they want.

Is it dumb? Yeeeeeeah.

If their goal is to get noticed by WWE, then it's not the best move. If they just wanted to try a crazy-ass spot, good on them.

I'm familiar with CZW and that the tombstone spot isn't really the dumbest thing they've ever done. I just thought it was hilarious to do something that stupid for $25 and a free soda in 2014.

That clip rovert posted is weird. You have 90lb Christina von Eerie swatting away some giant dude, ramming skewers into her opponent's head to barely a reaction, Kimber Lee screaming in pain despite the skewers seeming to be more tangled in her hair than her somehow bloodless head and performing some hokey even for wrestling acting.

Posted Image

Doing this spot in front of what, a couple hundred fans? And it means less than a good clothesline in a match with psychology.

When will they ever learn...

Obviously never. Some people never will. I don't know what's worse, the workers doing that spot, the live fans clamoring for shit like that or the people in charge (assuming there's someone in the back, like a road agent at that Indy or something) allowing them to.

How does that even come up? "Let's do a Spike Tombstone/Double Stomp through a table from the apron to the floor. That will get a pop, right!?"

I thought the ROH Piledriver on the apron was bad...

I was just singing along to the Kingston Trio.

I assume most here haven't seen Christina Von Eerie drive barbecue skewers into Kimber Lee's head the previous CZW show:

I think I've seen that spot in one of the Japanese garbage promotions, like Jun Kasai matches or someone else, and it's just a totally throw away spot among their laundry list of garbage to get through.

Yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bOMXEfr5Rc

Not Kasai, but I've seen this guy face Kasai over there...

Yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAipdnxbRQE

About 18 in.

Good lord, I can't even remember what I was clicking around on Youtube that had Kasai & Co popping up in the videos to the left... and why I bothered clicking on them and watching 4-5 of them through. :)

John

That clip rovert posted is weird. You have 90lb Christina von Eerie swatting away some giant dude, ramming skewers into her opponent's head to barely a reaction, Kimber Lee screaming in pain despite the skewers seeming to be more tangled in her hair than her somehow bloodless head and performing some hokey even for wrestling acting.

Having seen clips of the spot done a few times, they do go through the skin. Seemed that Kimber was expecting some juice in the ring, even did the classic body positioning expecting it and seemed surprised when there wasn't.

John

They pulled off the spot pretty damn well so more power to them.

What I have read about Rick Rude's injuries seems ambiguous. So what was his injury in lat '92 that forced him to relinquish the US Championship? Was it the same bacnk injury that ultimately forced him to retire in 1994? Are there particular matches where these injuries are known to have happened? Thanks.

They pulled off the spot pretty damn well so more power to them.

What I have read about Rick Rude's injuries seems ambiguous. So what was his injury in lat '92 that forced him to relinquish the US Championship? Was it the same bacnk injury that ultimately forced him to retire in 1994? Are there particular matches where these injuries are known to have happened? Thanks.

I believe the main injury happened in a match with Sting in Japan where he took an awkward bump on the elevated ramp/stage thing they were using for the show. Everything else seemed to stem from that.

- Jerry Lawler will face his son Brian Christopher on January 30th in Memphis, TN for the Southern Heavyweight Classic tournament at Minglewood Hall. The event starts at 7pm.

How often does Jerry wrestle now? When was his last one?

21.09.2013 Jerry Lawler defeats Matt Striker

NEW @ Dutchess Stadium in Wappingers Falls, New York, USA

This is amazing

--Sandman vs. former heavyweight boxing champion Tim Witherspoon was announced as the main event on a show called World Xtreme Entertainment run by the controversial Damon Feldman. Hollis Thomas of the Philadelphia Eagles will be the special referee of the fight. The main event is scheduled as five rounds for the World Xtreme Entertainment title, so I guess that means it's a worked match. A press conference will be held on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Chickie and Pete's in South Philadelphia to announce the fight. There will also be a tag team boxing match on the show. They are looking for models, dancers and pro wrestlers to work for the promotion.

This is amazing

--Sandman vs. former heavyweight boxing champion Tim Witherspoon was announced as the main event on a show called World Xtreme Entertainment run by the controversial Damon Feldman. Hollis Thomas of the Philadelphia Eagles will be the special referee of the fight. The main event is scheduled as five rounds for the World Xtreme Entertainment title, so I guess that means it's a worked match. A press conference will be held on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Chickie and Pete's in South Philadelphia to announce the fight. There will also be a tag team boxing match on the show. They are looking for models, dancers and pro wrestlers to work for the promotion.

So does Sandman go the Roddy Piper route and just slam Witherspoon or does he load up the glove with water and crush him with it?

Hardly.

WWE encourages twitter tomfoolery during slow weekends.

What are you talking about? This is clearly a crime of the highest order! I expect Drew to be given a thousand lashes and a match with Khali as punishment.

And for Steph to choke him out with the Matt Hardy choke hold

:lol:

Can someone explain the Hardy reference as it's gone over my head!

Hardly.

WWE encourages twitter tomfoolery during slow weekends.

What are you talking about? This is clearly a crime of the highest order! I expect Drew to be given a thousand lashes and a match with Khali as punishment.

And for Steph to choke him out with the Matt Hardy choke hold

:lol:

Can someone explain the Hardy reference as it's gone over my head!