Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when men don't have first names and women don't have last names.

Doesn't bother me for the guys, as it worked wonders for guys like Goldberg or even Batista.

I agree about the women though. Pretty misogynic infact.

The misandry against Fernando, Diego, Christian and Kane is abhorrent as well.

You know what I mean. In cases of male, it's just awkward to me unless it's a very strong character like Kane (which refers to Cain).

Christian sounds particulary ridiculous to me for a big time wrestler because it's a very common French first name. I'd guess it's the same with Fernando and Diego for Spanish speaking people. It's like John Cena was just named "John". Think about that. Christian ? Really ? Can I call you Cri-cri ?

There isn't a card as almost all the lucha shows in the US don't advertise matchups just names.

Meanwhile, there's a Masked Republic show in Philly in on 4/27. "Talent set for the show are LA Park (the original La Parka as seen in WCW, ECW and MLW), Dr. Wagner Jr., Sabu, Damien 666, Bestia, El Exotico Cassandro, Negro Navarro, Pequeno Pierroth and Solar."

Getting to see Navarro vs Solar live would be pretty fantastic.

Oh my god this is good. Robert Fuller interviews Nick Gulas in 1989 about Jerry Jarrett stealing his promotion and how Robert should be the one running the territory. Fuller looks like a kid in a candy store, knowing that he's working an angle while getting Gulas riled up to shoot on Jarrett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGKzgh1K_fw#t=234

Going through tagging locations on the topics in the Match Discussion Archive portion of the board, and it's amazing just how much famous and/or great stuff has taken place at Korakuen Hall, and that's just between 1990 and 1993. It feels like if you were a wrestling fan and wanted to see a little bit of everything during this time, your best plan of attack would just be to go to Korakuen, where it seemed like a different wrestling promotion was putting on a show with at least one good-great match almost every night of the week.

Going through tagging locations on the topics in the Match Discussion Archive portion of the board, and it's amazing just how much famous and/or great stuff has taken place at Korakuen Hall, and that's just between 1990 and 1993. It feels like if you were a wrestling fan and wanted to see a little bit of everything during this time, your best plan of attack would just be to go to Korakuen, where it seemed like a different wrestling promotion was putting on a show with at least one good-great match almost every night of the week.

As there got to be more promotions, which was very much a 1990-and-beyond thing, there were loads of shows in the Tokyo area especially if you include Yokohama Bunka Gym and Yokohama Arena in addition to the Usual Tokyo Suspect Arenas/Gyms.

I'd have to go back and look at all the shows that I saw in the 1996 trip. Pretty ridiculous amount in roughly two weeks... and not even including an AJPW card in that. 1995 trip was similar, but we went out of Tokyo for two of the shows that year.

John