Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to derail the WWE finances thread with this. Downsides and royalties for lower end guys were discussed. What exactly do main roster wrestlers who don't work house shows or TV weekly do? Are they at every event regardless? Is JTG waiting by the phone for the next time he'll be used or is he actively travelling with them? Do any of these guys have normal jobs to supplement their income or stay busy?

Not sure what JTG does - all I know is he has a young child and the anniversary of his 7th year under contract comes next week.

The "Still Employed" Twitter account is off by a good eight months. His WWE debut was in late September 2006.

Anyway, people speculated that he was a member of Rose's party posse from Raw because there was a black guy (who didn't really look anything like him) in it.

Botchamania vs RF Video seems to be the story of the day:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=789545167723205&set=a.139116242766104.24987.115215825156146&type=1

RF Video sent Maffew/Botchamania a cease and desist on using RF stuff in his videos.

Link isn't working for me. Anything of note come of this?

A 4,000 word tome that he eventually deleted but has been preserved here: http://pastebin.com/hcA3dkgt

Is RF full of shit here?

I didn't want to derail the WWE finances thread with this. Downsides and royalties for lower end guys were discussed. What exactly do main roster wrestlers who don't work house shows or TV weekly do? Are they at every event regardless? Is JTG waiting by the phone for the next time he'll be used or is he actively travelling with them? Do any of these guys have normal jobs to supplement their income or stay busy?

Not sure what JTG does - all I know is he has a young child and the anniversary of his 7th year under contract comes next week.

The "Still Employed" Twitter account is off by a good eight months. His WWE debut was in late September 2006.

Anyway, people speculated that he was a member of Rose's party posse from Raw because there was a black guy (who didn't really look anything like him) in it.

That wasn't JTG

I'm actually curious what the makeup of Rose's "party posse" is. I assume local casting calls for models mixed in with indy guys and backstage/crew members. Be interesting to see which ones stand out as every week regulars. The rabbit, obviously, could be anyone!

I'm actually curious what the makeup of Rose's "party posse" is. I assume local casting calls for models mixed in with indy guys and backstage/crew members. Be interesting to see which ones stand out as every week regulars. The rabbit, obviously, could be anyone!

Christ you have to ask this. I know way too much from just reading my Twitter timeline

There's no NXT people in the main roster version of the Rosebuds. The girls at least on Raw were made up of mostly girls who WWE looked at during the December Performance Centre tryouts. Mostly unknowns - Melika Francis is one . WWE seem to want a core group under contract. On Raw included in the group Wrestler wise was Shanna - a female wrestler from Portugal who worked some matches with TNA and another indy worker called Barracuda Britney. ROH's Scarlett Bordeaux was among the troupe during Rose's pre-debut house show loop.

I know they are doing Tough Enough but WWE is signing and looking at a near inconceivable amount of girls at the moment along having another all female tryout in June. Just this week they signed four of them: Leyvonna Zakari, Dani Jackson, Dasha Kuret/Gonzalez and Lina Fanene. Lina seems like a close relation to The Rock. She is a slightly younger and bigger version of Tamina too.

On the Bryan and Vinny show, Bryan was screaming about how Dolph outing Zach Ryder as the Adam Rose rabbit on twitter was going to get him buried even further. Incidentally, it's hard to believe people pay to listen to him carry on. I don't even think I'll listen another free show.

On the Bryan and Vinny show, Bryan was screaming about how Dolph outing Zach Ryder as the Adam Rose rabbit on twitter was going to get him buried even further. Incidentally, it's hard to believe people pay to listen to him carry on. I don't even think I'll listen another free show.

It's kind of where I'm at. I find Alvarez almost insufferable at this point. I'm not one for hyperbolic name calling, but he really is an idiot plain and simple who seems to have absolutely no idea about how wrestling works, why people watch, or the basic history of the sport. Personally I think it blemishes the good name of Meltzer to even be associated with him.

I know this past Monday on Raw, a local worked from my area who wrestles as Jimmy Nutts was part of the posse. He was the one wearing glasses.

During the early appearances of the character in NXT, a guy named Logan Shulo who wrestled in the Pittsburgh area that they signed to a contract was one of the guys in the posse. I haven't seem him in it since, so maybe they are planning something else for him.

Only just realised that the start of The Shield's theme music spells out their name in the phonetic alphabet. Amazed at my idiocy to not notice this in over a year, always wondered what the 'sierra, hotel, india' thing was about.

To be fair, its really more of a covert organization/military thing. So its not that much of a D'OH *face palm* thing.

That isn't news, and the slant of that article is pretty ridiculous. In what world is he a "former WWE superstar"?! The seedy underbelly of pro-wrestling is one thing, not sure how this can be construed in a way where WWE is thrown under the bus

Speaking of Mel Philips, does anyone know if he was really the reason Hogan/Andre at mania 3 was only released with the hard camera footage on some recent DVD releases? It looks like a fancam. Really bizarre, and the network has the original version, so it seems arbitrary.

Speaking of Mel Philips, does anyone know if he was really the reason Hogan/Andre at mania 3 was only released with the hard camera footage on some recent DVD releases? It looks like a fancam. Really bizarre, and the network has the original version, so it seems arbitrary.

Totally unrelated and as far as I know, they only used the hard camera footage on the 50 years DVD. They did it because they wanted to put a different spin on a match they've released on dozens of sets. It puts over how big the Silverdome atmosphere was.

Not sure if I should be posting here, but looking at the title, I thought I'd ask...

As I'm a relatively new poster, what is the etiquette for starting a thread in the Microscope?

I'm rewatching WCW 92' stuff on The Network and I was really curious what people's views are about Ron Simmons and his World Title run. Was he more over in late 91' against Luger than he was in 92' when they gave him the belt?

I've heard that his title reign was done to take heat off of Bill Watts' infamous comments in an interview (the exact wording escapes me, but the story goes that it came across as racist and eventually was one of the reasons Watts got fired), but barring that, was Simmons still in line for a title run?

I thought Doom were pretty dependable for good matches in 91' and Simmons had a great look and could actually do good work against quality opponents (vs. Luger at Havoc 91' and I just watched a pretty solid-if-unspectacular match against Cactus at CoC XX). Am I wearing rose-colored glasses? What was the critical reception of Simmons at this time?

Anyway, I just thought this discussion would be better in a Microscope thread, but didn't want to be presumptuous. Maybe I should move it there or a mod can if they feel its worthwhile? If it's not, I'm still curious about people's thoughts on him at this time. I do think, whether it worked or not, his build and the vignettes of him at FSU were really well done - which was almost a rarity when you consider WCW's production quality compared to the WWE's even back then.