Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of his early All Japan booking was sort of bizarre too. Mike Barton got a huge push for a while there. I get that he was thinking "maybe I can make this guy a thing", but... no.

That time he brought Kronik in and they crushed people and it sucked. Then poof they were gone.

I dunno. Muto's just one of those people you take the bad with the good and deal with it, in all things. He's certainly had an interesting ride through it all.

funny little game here - you get $15 to build your survivor series dream team. i'm sure some of you will have a field day with these dollar values!

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10433749_10203167295117705_1780872667249550042_n.jpg

Golberg, Lesnar, Warrior, Taker & Vader seems like it couldn't possibly job all 5 guys to any other team you could make with $15.

WCW in 99-00 was such a trainwreck and they were just throwing random shit at the wall. The only explanation for Mutoh going there is money and maybe he felt like going back to the states for fun. WCW was not fun in any way at that point in time.

I kinda liked that "Deadpool" gimmick they briefly started with Raven, Vampiro, Muta and the ICP but it ended before it had barely started. WCW wasted Mutoh so badly, but they fucked up practically everything in those days so it wasn't a big surprise

Because I feel it doesn't get the talk/respect it deserves, especially in comparison to RoH, I'm starting a Pro Wrestling Guerrilla project for my website. Anyone have any suggestions on what wrestlers to watch out for as I move through their earliest shows (I've only seen PWG in individual matches here and there and not much from their beginnings)?

Undertaker resurfaced at the George Strait finale in Dallas this weekend

He looks considerably healthier than he did prior to and during Wrestlemania this year. I think they said in the Observer this week that WWE wanted him to return for Wrestlemania next year and that he usually makes his decision by the fall.

Strangely, he might be able to pull off another match.

It'll probably help draw? If drawing is even a thing anymore? It'll give him a more celebratory retirement match? I think there's probably some casual interest in "What can taker do after Brock beat the streak?" That seems like a thing Kris' friends would talk to him at the water cooler about.

Sunny at SummerSlam '97 is the WWF's first attempt at being insanely over the top sexual, right? I mean, she's not even really in her top, and it is quite awesome. Easily puts Sable to shame in that segment. Funny thing is, I know the Divas and women in wrestling in general would get way more over the top, but there's something about the way that Sunny found the line in her WWF work and pushed it as far as possible that I find way more appealing than anything that came after.