Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

I don't like doing jobs and you shouldn't either......

Apollo Creed

This is the greatest post in the history of our sport.

Anyway, issues of professionalism aside, isn't Shawn basically right? Shouldn't top guys avoid doing too many jobs (not slip on a banana peel fluke losses, but actual clean jobs) to guys who aren't on that level?

The issue is more that it wasn't a real job, it was a tribute show job, and everyone knows that. It reads like Shawn thinks him putting Rey over for the first time is a bigger deal than Eddy dying. I don't think there's anything wrong with Shawn's outlook, but having a conversation like that is more awkward than anything.

1. Hayes' racism has been an open secret online for years

2. Court pointing to it might be a case of a Safe Target, similar to folks ripping on KEVIN DUNN!!!!!

In other words, it would have been more interesting is Court pointed to the racism / bigotry of someone who isn't as outed on it.

And yeah... I know you know all of that, rovert. Just making the point in general for anyone if they think this is a new topic.

John

1. Hayes' racism has been an open secret online for years

2. Court pointing to it might be a case of a Safe Target, similar to folks ripping on KEVIN DUNN!!!!!

In other words, it would have been more interesting is Court pointed to the racism / bigotry of someone who isn't as outed on it.

And yeah... I know you know all of that, rovert. Just making the point in general for anyone if they think this is a new topic.

John

Listened to the interview earlier today and given his history I get why ppl assume it MUST be Hayes but the way Court phrased things I don't think he really pointed towards anyone in particular. Just said "someone in meetings" and left it at that. He told a story earlier about one of the office staff having confederate flags all over his house so it's not like Hayes is the only one in the company with those tendancies.

This is apropos of nothing, but reading yet another political Facebook post by Eric Bischoff where he comes across as so Republican it veers into Stephen Colbert parody realm. Then I realized he's made the most money in his career working for wrestling companies that were basically welfare queens. You'd think someone so fervent in his beliefs would be offended to be employed by someone who takes and takes and gives nothing in return.

Interesting booking on RAW tonight with Lord Tensai going over Cena. I don't think the Lesnar match really needs the intrigue of Johnny Ace and Otunga interference. Yeah, it took 4 guys to beat Cena, but Brock's character isn't someone who should need outside help, and that's what it planted seeds of.

I think Lesnar has to win at Extreme Rules, it's strange to see Cena doing so many jobs