Pro Wrestling Only

IWA Mid South

Loss

What's the story with Punk v. Hamrick? Never seen it

Punk's head smacked the floor at the TNA PPV that week. At the start of the IWA show he comes out to apologize to the fans because he can't wrestle. His opponent, the debuting Hamrick, says he's fine with doing a nice scientific match so Punk doesn't have to worry about his head. Punk agrees.

During the match, Hamrick goes for...I think it was a Merosault, but slips on the springboard, catches his foot in the turnbuckle, and blows out his knee. It looked nasty. They take forever to help him out of the way, Punk tells him not to be a hero and to just let everyone help him out, and finally they have have ready to go. Then he bolts towards Punk and Yakuza kicks the back of his head. The match keeps going from there and it's all awesome.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 Must Haves:

B-Boy vs. Chris Hero 4/10/04

Joe vs. Hero 5/29/04

Hero/Homicide/B-Boy vs. Punk/Joe/Whimter 5/30/04

Klein vs. Necro 6/25/04

Aj Styles vs. Matt Sydal 9/15/04

Danielson vs. Hero 9/15/04

Danielson vs. Punk 9/18

Danielson vs. Quackenbush 9/18

Aj vs. Danielson vs. Joe 9/18

Punk vs. Hero 11/26

This is all the stuff I can vouch for and some of that stuff that you may hate (quack vs. Danielson) but I think needs to be on for the wide spectrum of opinions.

There is a TON more from this year though that I am not just as well brushed up on. Arik Cannon became a big deal and I seem to remember a lot of hype for 3/6 Ian match but I havent seen it. These yearbooks may be tough because the indy stuff has a ton of long matches. Again 2004 you are without needing a ton of inclusion of stuff like PWG and Chikara but between IWA-MS and ROH, the gap of time for this yearbook can take up the amount given to say WCW and ECW in some of the 1990's.

Thanks. Compared to 2003, that list doesn't look too problematic.

I was actually just telling Will the other day that from 2002 on, I see the US indies replacing the space currently occupied by WCW and ECW/SMW/Memphis combined on a yearbook. That's over 1/3rd of an average yearbook (~44 hours), so I think we can do a lot with that time.

The challenge will be that because there were so many promotions in Japan, Japan might take up more space too.

But I'm confident we can do it.

The story of the indy boom is one that I think needs to be captured really well since this will likely be anyone's first attempt to even try, so we'll do what we have to do in order to make that work.

• 2 weeks later...

IWA Mid-South apparently got an attendance record yesterday - 300 people. Show still rang long though, delayed as they realised they didn't have a ring, so held off until they got one. Was said to be a good show. They're holding a TPI in September.

Posted Image

Never count Ian Rotten out.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna hope it turns out well. Won't be a Necro of old, war but it could be the closest thing I see in 2013. Of the 3 matches I've seen from Necro this year he has been dynamite in all of them.

Fingers crossed that either someone rips it from the DVD to put online or someone brings a camcorder. Only that I can think of that intrigues me from that show.

• 2 months later...