Pro Wrestling Only

Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

So far from NJPW - Tanahashi, Okada, Liger and Naito.

Naito could have some really good matches, and is someone I can see challenging for the TV or World title somewhere on the four shows. Not sure what they'll do with Liger, but he seems to enjoy putting on a show when he's in North America, so that should be fun too.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far from NJPW - Tanahashi, Okada, Liger and Naito.

Naito could have some really good matches, and is someone I can see challenging for the TV or World title somewhere on the four shows. Not sure what they'll do with Liger, but he seems to enjoy putting on a show when he's in North America, so that should be fun too.

I want to see Liger work ACH or Sydal. Liger looked real good against Lethal on Super Card, but Lethal is so not fun when he's working on top.

Regarding ROH TV this week.....the show was hit and miss until Styles vs. Mark Briscoe which was so much fun.

2015 AJ Styles has been so awesome....the closest thing we have to a touring world champion in 25 years

I've compared Styles as a hybrid of Flair, Boc, and Bret.

Next week's ROH TV has the Briscoe/Samoa Joe and Lethal/Liger matches from Supercard of Honor. I don't understand the business decision to air the main event for free at all. Run the Jay promo from this week's TV and a recap from previous TV interactions and get people to head over and buy the VOD.

TV this week was entertaining enough although the Marshall/ACH segment was a real slow spot. At least it played into the Decade/Corino angle.

I like downshifting Elgin from the main event scene and having him facing off with War Machine. Eventually Hanson should get the rub there. I thought the whole handicap match and chair stuff was well done. I really like this Elgin heel character, even if he's heatless at the moment.

I haven't seen the tv yet. I really find Elgin pretty blah. That flip leg drop from the top is the shits. Plus a lot of his matches, down to the layout seem so samey to me.

Yeah, he is terrible. The problem is that WWE likely has no interest in him (much like NJPW does), so he'll be having bad matches in all the major indies for years to come.

Until he signs with a MLB team, of course.

AJ Styles vs. Adam Cole

this is what F4W/WON says

Officially announced:

- Delirious vs. Gedo
- Roderick Strong vs. Kushida
- Jay Lethal vs. Takaaki Watanabe
- ROH Tag Team Champions Chistopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven (IWGP tag champions) vs. Young Bucks
- Michael Elgin vs. Tetsuya Naito
- Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Liger

Expected to be announced at 8 PM and 9 PM EST tonight:

- IWGP Champion A.J. Styles vs. Adam Cole
- Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazuchika Okada

earlier they'd listed the whole card as official

Finally had a chance to finish the Supercard Showcase episode. Adam Cole summed up the Lethal match when he said "I've seen Jay look better." That's a shoot, brother. That whole thing was a disjointed mess. Cole on commentary was the best part.

Joe/Jay was good - I'd go ***1/4 . Didn't seem like much, if anything, was clipped from that match. I would have bought the VOD for this match but no urgency now.

You could tell the production was limited for this show, most likely due to the travel and expenses. No tron, no announcers, etc.

edit: reading Shoe's recap, there definitely was some notable cuts on the live broadcast - namely the chair stuff and the swinging into the barricade.

Complete night 2:

- ADAM PAGE vs. WATANABE

- MICHAEL ELGIN vs. KUSHIDA

- KYLE O'REILLY vs. TETSUYA NAITO

- “MR ROH" RODERICK STRONG vs. HIROSHI TANAHASHI

- ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE ADDICTION vs. "RAINMAKER" KAZUCHIKA OKADA & GEDO

- FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION JAY LETHAL w/ TRUTH MARTINI vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. MARK BRISCOE vs. JUSHIN "THUNDER" LIGER

- ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP JAY BRISCOE vs. BOBBY FISH

- KINGDOM (Cole, Bennett, Taven) vs. BULLET CLUB (Bucks, AJ) 6-MAN

Was really hoping for at least one Okada or Nakamura singles match.