Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past week's TV was real entertaining. You know Dalton Castle is a made man when they let him film a Super Beta Prostate spot. His delayed German - holy shit. I loved the Fish Tank segment also. ROH isn't afraid to do heel vs. heel (w/ Lethal only agreeing if they let him promote his DVD) - the insomnia stuff with Lethal's DVD was great. O'Reilly laughing at getting Lethal to draw out Briscoe. Just well done.

Main was very good too - nice for Cedric, and once again ELGIN IS HEATLESS (but it was a good match).

For this weeks tv I was there live with Will and we got a couple of shots of Will's mug on the show. None of my thoughts from the 1st night changed from the live experience watching it back from my living room.

My thoughts on the main event live.

Elgin is a hit or miss guy for me. I enjoyed the match, but it had its flaws. I felt it was to your turn my turn and 2 count over kill . Live Alexander is a great baby face who plays to the crowd really well and gets them behind him. Too bad they are turning him heel.

Those thoughts remain the same.

My thoughts on the Fish tank

We get a live Fish Tank with Jay Lethal. Everyone is great . Lethal was incredible. He eyeballs Christine Jarrett . reDragon does some fun comedy. Lethal runs down Jay Briscoe. We get a kick ass brawl. KRD attack reDragon. Daniels,ACH, and Daniels out for the save. Am incredible piece of business.

Again nothing changed.

The opener.

I liked this. It started out with schtick, but morphed into a straight laced match for the most part . I agree with Will about 2 straight comedy matches. Dalton Castle has a great act.

Some side notes. San Antonio came across as a super hot crowd.

So, I have tickets to the Global Wars shows in Toronto and they announced the card for night 1:

THE KINGDOM (Michael Bennett & Matt Taven w/Maria Kanellis) vs. MATT SYDAL & JUSHIN THUDER LIGER

- CHRIS SABIN vs. KUSHIDA
- GEDO & MOOSE w/STOKELY HATHAWAY & VEDA SCOTT vs. WATANABE & SILAS YOUNG
- ACH vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA
- THE ADDICTION vs. RPG VICE vs. THE DECADE vs. REDRAGON
- CEDRIC ALEXANDER vs. KAZUCHIKA OKADA
- MICHAEL ELGIN vs. HIROSHI TANAHASHI
- ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE
JAY LETHAL w/TRUTH MARTINI vs. TETSAYU NAITO
**THE MAIN EVENT**
ROH ALL STARS (THE BRISCOES, RODERICK STRONG & WAR MACHINE)
vs.
THE BULLET CLUB (MACHINE GUN KARL ANDERSON, DOC GALLOWS, AJ STYLES & THE YOUNG BUCKS)
That is one freaking awsome card! ACH-Nakamura should be insane. A love multi-mans like this main event. They even managed to put the guys I least want to see (Tanahashi-Elgin) against each other so I can go get a snack. Silas-Watanabe as a team? Sydal-Liger as a team? ALexander vs Okada, this is all awesome awesome shit!

There are a couple of matches on that show that look horrifyingly bad (Elgin v. Tanahashi and Naito v. Lethal).

The flipside of that is that ACH v. Nakamura should be great, and the main event could be as well if they go full blown workrate sprint with it.

The rest of the card is a hodgepodge of weird and bizarre match ups that could go either way.

ROH returning to IPPV on 5/15/15 . I hope it works out for them.

Going on past precedent, at least anything PPV/iPPV driven is usually on VOD pretty quick (like that night), although does anyone remember when they had last year's War of the Worlds up?

So far each night has enough cool stuff where it's an easy purchase.

This show will be my first live show since WM weekend shows in Orlando. Not overly enthused about the main event, but Nakamura/ACH more than makes up for it.

I'm hoping Dylan is wrong about Lethal/Naito, but I can see it going badly. Same can be said for Elgin/Tanahashi, but I think Tanahashi can keep me interested.

I haven't seen the tv yet. I really find Elgin pretty blah. That flip leg drop from the top is the shits. Plus a lot of his matches, down to the layout seem so samey to me.

Yeah, he is terrible. The problem is that WWE likely has no interest in him (much like NJPW does), so he'll be having bad matches in all the major indies for years to come.

Until he signs with a MLB team, of course.

Elgin at one point legit didn't know the difference between ROH style and other styles like lucha, shoot or brawling. It amazed me how someone could wrestle and not have any idea about that.

Global Wars Night 2:

- KUSHIDA vs. WILL FERRARA
- MICHAEL ELGIN vs. GEDO
- THE KINGDOM vs. DOC GALLOWS & KARL ANDERSON
- JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER vs. DALTON CASTLE
- HIROSHI TANAHASHI & TETSUYA NAITO vs. ACH & MATT SYDAL
- SHINSUKE NAKAMURA vs. RODERICK STRONG
- BULLET CLUB (STYLES, BUCKS) vs. OKADA, RPG VICE
Dalton Castle vs. Liger should be the best thing ever.

Kind of crazy that perhaps my least favorite edition of ROH tv this year was the Supercard of Honor one.

This past weeks was perfect hour wrestling television.

A great competitive match with two guys looking better going out than coming in with Djak and Castle. A quick brutal squash for War Machine. A super Fish Tank segment with some great personalities and I just wish Lethal would match his in ring work with this character and a fun battle style main event in the *** range.

Kyle O'Reilly is someone I'm actively seeking out to watch now. He was awesome in that Fish Tank. His response to all the craziness was sensational.

I don't know if him becoming so much more enjoyable is simply a result of getting away from Davey, but that is the explanation I choose to believe.

I just tried to watched the Dayton show from February . The main events were ADR vs Strong and the Briscoe's vs ACH/ Sydal. Steve Corino has not at the show , I would guess his absence was a cost saving measure.

ROH used managers to provide color commentary . Maria Kanellis was bought out to do color on the ADR/ Strong. ROH spent alot of money to book ADR , I was really looking forward to the match.

Maria spent the most of the time putting herself and Mike Bennett over, she never really paid attention to the match . Kevin Kelly guided her thur a series of questions that allow the audience to know that Maria was beautiful and talented . All of the time Roderick and Alberto were working hard under the lights were being ignored by Kelly and Kanellis.

A new manager , Stokely Hathaway , was bought to do color for the tag match . Moose was at ringside , so Stokely used the main event air time to put Moose over with the TV audience . This kind of stuff really hurts the matches and disrespects the in ring talent . I get that ROH wants to push Maria and Moose , put just have them cut promos instead of babbling during the main events. The commentary was so bad on both matches and eventually hit the mute button.

Dave and Lenny may have not been the best announcers , but at least they called the action in the ring. ROH would be better served to have Corino at every show and have the announcers focus the match in the ring.

With Corino, I think it isn't as much a cost savings thing as he had a conflict booking-wise. He could have been in the UK at the time.

I agree with shoe, Caprice is a nice sub-in. I liked Stokely in his brief bit on the Atlanta show. I have no idea why Maria was used for that ADR match though, definitely a misfire.