Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These tapings are interesting in how they ended up lining up with the DA debut (Jay Diesel in your first main event!), plus the PPV in a couple weeks and they're working in the NJPW guys. Lot of stories to advance, in limited TV blocks. This was plenty entertaining although the past couple weeks have been much better wrestling-wise.

I do wonder if TNA fans tuned in and wondered what that noise was going on around the ring, having to be told that's what paying fans sound like. Thought the crowd was plenty hot here.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've participated in an ROH thread on any board anywhere--the last show I saw was an event in Dayton in 2007. And even with the underwhelming response to the episode, I really quite enjoyed the debut on DA tonight. This (or the local syndie show, I guess) is going to go into the DVR for awhile. Agreed that Lethal's commentary was a real highlight.

All those Jays in the main event was worse than late '80s Crockett, when they had like 18 guys in the undercard with the last name "Royal." It's enough to make you appreciate where WWE is coming from in not having multiple Shanes or Lances on the roster.

Garrison Lethal would be an awesome name

Right now ROH is feeling like an old school territory. First it really puts an emphasis on tag wrestling. They're loaded with really good tag teams up and down the card. Another aspect that makes them feel like a territory is how they have group of regulars, but then they have guys they bring in here and there for a program or 2. We saw it with the NJPW crew. Patron and Joe were in for a program. Styles and the Young Bucks pop up here and there for a program. Same goes for Gallows and Anderson. So the company seems really fluid to keeps things fresh with a crew that doesn't have a giant roster.

6/6: Solid opening promo from the Addiction. ROH starting each week with a one minute pre-tape always seems much more effective than the molasses openings to RAW/SD. Match was lame. Heels' unrealistic stooging didn't work for me while they clunked heads and fumbled around in such an obvious mismatch. Another good O'Reilly performance, but too many absurd spots. Was going to ask why do no other faces come out to help or support O'Reilly in the corner while facing ludicrous odds, but at least they had ACH and bearded post-ayahuaska Sydal make the save.

Liger-Dalton was the greatest thing ever. Even if this had just been an amusement, I'd have been happy. But they actually had a hell of a match. Strong strikes and dives from Liger, who with stuff like this improves his ranking on my top 100 all-time. Castle makes his case for being one of the more entertaining acts on the indies: strong hybrid of character and finesse in-ring. Like the best exoticos, he's got the chops to actually kick someone's ass while peacocking. Shades of Cassandro here. Castle saved this show, and he looks as NXT-ready as anyone in the company.

Evans-Cheeseburger was so brief that they didn't get anything going, more angle than match. Evans is from the great tradition of in-house wrestling trainers who look less athletic than anyone they're training. I've never liked his work and this was no exception. Agree that neither of these guys should be on TV.

Main event was OK, but again felt like a short tease for something more down the road. Taven/Bennett as IWGP champs is bizarre, even knowing how much NJ likes Maria. Karl Anderson's not very good, but at least he's figured out that in America he can get by on a decent Buzz Sawyer impersonation. I like Gallows and this was something of a return to form after some boring outings in NJ. Good clubbering from him, and this told a fine story of the Club as two wild and crazy guys. Cabana's podcast with them suggests they're pretty funny dudes, so they might as well add it to their act as dueling Stone Colds. Agree that having territorial rotating cast of characters really helps these shows.

Contract signings always suck, but I'm actually curious to see Lethal and Briscoe face off next week. But Lethal needs better clothes if he's going to continue playing arrogant moneyed heel. He's dressing like 2015 Ric Flair, when he should be dressing like 1986 Flair. Off-the-rack sport coat and gray t-shirt are glaring when your manager is a bargain basement version of Don Callis.

I went to the Nashville show. Cheeseburger worked a 4 way with Whitmer, Young and Moose. The kid is really small. It looks really bad for Delirious to book this kid. Cheeseburger walked by me at intermission. I would say he is a legimate 5 ' 6 " and 160 lbs. He looks like a small child. Yes , the three others had to sell for Cheeseburger .

The kid Will Ferrara is even smaller. Adam Page worked with Will . It was a epic stuggle that Page just barely pulled out. There were at least 10 other really small wrestlers in the dark matches. A dark match with six students, Mike Posey and Corey Hollis and 2 Elgin students jobbed to Taven and Bennett . 12 really small dudes used used to fill out this house show.

The whole night was a homage to their fallen comrade , Grizzly Redwood. Cornette was right when stopped Delirious from booking Redwood and all of these tiny wrestlers. Now that ROH is covering the whole nation they really need to stop booking these guys. The real problem is that are both small and devoid of talent. These guys are not Sydal or ACH ,

Also , I agree that having Evans and Cheeseburger on TV is really not smart if you want to impress new viewers I think that Joe Koff might need a new booker . They should give to Daniels and Kaz , let them see if they can take ROH to the next level.

Also... funny we are seeing a Cheeseburger backlash when Dylan was bummed i missed out seeing him live.

I got nothing against Cheeseburger . I am sure he is a good kid . You got to understand I drove from Memphis to see this card. So ROH trots not one , not two , but 12 really , really tiny guys in the first half of the show. They went cheap and filled out this card with green kids that were all under 5' 10 " and 170 pounds. So I guess I feel ripped off by ROH . The same ROH that I have been supporting with my hard earned money for the last 9 years. I expected a much stronger talent lineup from ROH. Hell half of their roster was not even in Nashville.

Anyone who worked for TNA should not be allowed to book a wrestling show. Call it the power of Russo Osmosis.

You cannot holding working for TNA against Daniels . He has got two kids he needed the money. Daniels was the cornerstone for some of the best matches of the 2000's. I really have a lot of respect for his in ring work.

I like Cheeseburger on the card. It's good to have a comedy match especially since it's much different than the rest of the matches usually on a ROH card. Him, Beer City Buiser, Romantic Touch types are necessary . Though in regard to Memphis Marks point you really at most only want 2 matches at most with those guys on the card.

I like Cheeseburger on the card. It's good to have a comedy match especially since it's much different than the rest of the matches usually on a ROH card. Him, Beer City Buiser, Romantic Touch types are necessary . Though in regard to Memphis Marks point you really at most only want 2 matches at most with those guys on the card.

Did the Bob Evans killing Cheeseburger angle air yet?

Did the Bob Evans killing Cheeseburger angle air yet?

Just aired.

I think this week's TV was great with the Liger-Castle match being so much fun (I loved it live). Evans killing Cheeseburger with a piledriver through a table was insanity. I want to see a Fight Without Honor between the two.

The last week of TV in Toronto is the best, so we are two weeks from that.

HE can still wrestle on the show. He just can't book the show after being around Russo for so much of his career. Same goes for any person who worked under him in WWF or WCW. The power of Russo is too strong to overcome. Those people should not be close to the book.

Yeah Will, but in Daniels's defense, Russo didn't like him and claimed he worried too much about having good matches and not enough about his "character." They didn't share the same sediments, in other words.

"Those guys don't wanna be characters - they wanna have 4 or 5 star matches..cough Chris Daniels." - Vince Russo

I went to the Nashville show. Cheeseburger worked a 4 way with Whitmer, Young and Moose. The kid is really small. It looks really bad for Delirious to book this kid. Cheeseburger walked by me at intermission. I would say he is a legimate 5 ' 6 " and 160 lbs. He looks like a small child. Yes , the three others had to sell for Cheeseburger .

There is no way Cheeseburger is 160. I'm 5'10" 165 and there's just no chance he's close to my weight. I'd guess 130. I will agree that people selling for his offense is ridiculous since his offense looks mostly bad.

I think this week's TV was great with the Liger-Castle match being so much fun (I loved it live). Evans killing Cheeseburger with a piledriver through a table was insanity. I want to see a Fight Without Honor between the two.

I liked the spot and thought it worked as I didn't see it coming, but it was a sideslam through a table. That's a big difference.