Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw The Pretty Boy Killers vs Tought Guy Inc (god ROH team names can be awesomely bad) and yeah Keith Lee is quickly standing out huge as a guy that can really bring it in a unique way. After that I saw him against Dijak in Beyond which was also great and he has a match against Jeff Cobb in Limitless that should be coming out soon that could also be very impressive. I really hope ROH was smart enough to sign him and Shane Taylor as it's a step in the right direction for ROH. Taylor I have seen a lot less of but really together they give me a vibe similar to Da Hit Squad very scary but not just one dimensional brawlers. They really could help ROH in defining it's self as a place that is clearly other but not unequal to the cookie cutter style of WWE talent even if that stigma is starting to be less true in WWE.

The Bullet Club has the dynamics of the promotion all sorts of fucked up. I like the Bucks, I really go but RoH has found a way to make them completely insufferable to even people like me that enjoy them. But past that, the heel/face dynamic is all fucked up now. The crowd cheers them but they act like heels but then they pander to the crowd. It's just an absolute mess and I don't think they have the first clue how to work through it.

I would say that's much more of a problem with the Bucks caring more about selling their t-shirts and shit than actually being heels. But that's not exactly something new with them so a good booker would realize that you shouldn't make those guys your top heels.

• 2 weeks later...

ROH weekly TV will be available on FITE TV starting June 27th.

FITE TV is an app for iPhone/Android. You can "airplay" from the app onto your TV with a Roku or another compatible device.

BALTIMORE, MD (June 22, 2016) – FITE TV and Ring of Honor Wrestling (ROH) announced today that ROH’s weekly program is now available around the world on the FITE TV app starting Monday June 27th. The weekly ROH program that airs on Sinclair Broadcasting’s network of stations on weekends will now also be available every Monday starting at 7:00pm ET, and throughout the week for free on a Video on Demand (VOD) basis.

FITE TV, is a free mobile app for viewing fighting sports on TV using only a smartphone. The FITE app can be downloaded either through the Google Play or iTunes app stores. Programming can be either viewed on your smart phone/tablet or automatically flipped onto your wifi connected television. FITE is available anywhere in the world that has wifi connections.

“We are excited about this opportunity to increase the availability of our program around the world through this unique mobile app platform,” said ROH General Manager Greg Gilleland. “ROH fans now have another easy way to stay up to date with the latest ROH action on their time schedule, wherever they are in the world.”

Ring of Honor Wrestling is a subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group and features some of the best wrestlers in the world including ROH Champion Jay Lethal, ROH Tag Team Champions – The Addiction (Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels) and the Briscoe Brothers.

“Since our debut four months ago, we have had the opportunity to present over 100 live events on FITE TV, including Ring of Honor’s outstanding pay per views this year. This is the natural next step for our viewer base to offer weekly original programming with a consistent schedule,” said Michael Weber, FITE TV Senior Vice President of Marketing. “ROH fans now know that at 7:00pm ET, their favorite wrestling show can be viewed on either their mobile device or on their large screen television each week as a free VOD.”

Since FITE TV’s debut in February, the app has partnered with over 80 different programmers to supply live and video-on-demand fights to FITE TV viewers. Some of FITE’s programming partners include Ring of Honor Wrestling, Golden Boy Promotions, AXS TV, World Series of Fighting, Tuff-N-Uff and more. To view the full partner list, it can be found on FITE TV’s website.

To learn more about FITE, go to www.fite.tv or to download the app, go to Google Play: http://bit.ly/1QnPolu or iTunes: http://apple.co/1PxQGKT.

Roddy's done everything he can really do in ROH, so now's a good time to move on. Wonder where he ends up from here? I could see him having an Aries style role in NXT, but they already have Aries and Roode for that, so I'm not sure he's needed. Can't see him in WWE otherwise. Just continue roaming the super indies?

Roddy's done everything he can really do in ROH, so now's a good time to move on. Wonder where he ends up from here? I could see him having an Aries style role in NXT, but they already have Aries and Roode for that, so I'm not sure he's needed. Can't see him in WWE otherwise. Just continue roaming the super indies?

I don't remember where but I saw a rumor/report that Strong was looking at going to WWN/Evolve

I don't remember where but I saw a rumor/report that Strong was looking at going to WWN/Evolve

File under: "Just continue roaming the super indies"

He's been in Evolve before, even while working for ROH. Going back there is fine, but he's pretty much wrestled all those guys at some point in time. He's kind of all dream matched out.

Well at 1st I hated it. Then I thought about it. If it leads to a Kevin Sullivan stable with Witmer and maybe Keith Lee/ Shane Taylor tag team that feuds with Corino and War Machine . Let Sullivan do a modernized version of his continental, Florida stuff. If it was a one shot , then that is stupid.

I haven't kept up with ROH that much this past year. I was at the Anniversary weekend, but that was about it. Reading the results from this, it sounded pretty fun. For some reason Sullivan with Whitmer vs Corino sounds pretty fantastic to me. I wish Roddy wasn't leaving and Jay won, but I knew both were coming.

If Roddy isn't going to NXT I just want him wrestling as much as possible. I haven't been keeping up with any of the indies as much, but when i have seen Roddy in the past couple years I have loved him every time. He is next level, so clearly ready for the big time, to my eye at least.

I'm not too familiar with current ROH but I checked out Best in the World out of curiosity. Here's my scattered thoughts.

I really liked Kyle O'Reilly vs. Kamaitachi and thought the limbwork and selling was really solid the whole time. It felt like a perfectly done opening match. O'Reilly is not really a favorite but I think ROH would be smart to get behind him.

Silas Young doesn't do much for me and ACH seems criminally underused so I was satisfied with the result of their match. Young looked off to me though.

I liked Roddy vs. Mark and it felt like a nicely placed match on the card with a decent backstory but both guys deserve bigger things. The crowd sending Roddy off was a nice moment and I guess I'll see what's next for the Briscoes.

The tag match was fine but hopefully sets up interesting roles for White and Kamaitachi which would be nice to see. Daniels and Kaz just do nothing for me though, and the MCMGs aren't really my cup of tea.

I actually missed most of Corino/Whitmer but I miss this kind of match in the current landscape. Regardless of what you think of either guy, they both bring something to brawls like this and I'll see what if anything comes out of the Sullivan thing.

TV title match just felt a little flat and especially the finish was underwhelming. I think maybe I'm lower on Fish than most as I just find him infinitely bland. This company needs to be pushing Dalton Castle before he gets away from them entirely.

I like the Bullet Club's act as its own thing but I can't justify what it really does for the ROH roster. Still a fun spotfest and the ROH guys looked fine, just overshadowed and insignificant.

I was really looking forward to the main event and it was a good match, it just felt a little hollow and I didn't care at all for Lethal kicking out of everything while Briscoe goes down to the single Lethal Injection.

Fun show but I tried to describe to my girlfriend that all the ROH stuff I catch has really nice production and looks great but just feels like a totally soulless husk of a promotion. Maybe it's just me, and that's not even to say I won't keep watching their shows because I will. Thumbs up show I think, for sure, just one that has zero sense of momentum about it.

So we've kicked off this ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever project - it's a PTBN and VOW partnership, although I'd like to talk about it here also (PWO is still home - post GWE it was a mutual idea to house elsewhere.)

We're also doing a Top 10 Non-Wrestler supplemental poll that has a lot of energy behind it so far. Join us!

http://placetobenation.com/introducing-the-honor-roll-rohs-50-greatest-wrestlers-ever/

Stuka jr is fine can hit some spots that look really cool and knows how to base well enough but he's also kind of old and gets over in CMLL based on the investment fans already have in him from his tenure with the company. Dragon Lee would have made a lot more sense as he fits what ROH is looking for in-ring wise when it comes to guys that always wrestle like they have something to prove. That said I wouldn't be shocked at all if Stuka knocks it out of the park as he can still turn it on when need be.

Stuka Jr also seems like the kind of guy CMLL could do something with if the people running the place gave any semblance of a fuck. Nothing spectacular, but it wouldn't surprise me if he benefited from spending some time in a new location.

• 2 weeks later...