Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind RVD doing a timeline but I feel that 1999 was the wrong person to choose as I dont recall him being there the full year as he was injured wasent he when he broke his leg?

That was 2000.

Now I remember. Yeah your right as they wanted RVD vs Awesome to headine a April PPV in a title vs title match.

That's the same one that came out quite a while ago, right? Bourne just makes fun of most of the people?

Is this the one where he wouldn't bad mouth anyone because he still wants to be booked? Or was that Brodus Clay?

Most shoots the wrestlers are slagging someone off but these young stars dont want to do it in fear of burning bridges.

Finished watching the RF shoot w/ Adam Pearce. If you are a big Pearce fan & have heard a bunch of his podcast appearances, like I have, this interview is definitely not essential. The stories behind ROH, his ascension to power, issues with Ross, leaving, 2 failed attempts to be brought in by SBG as commentator, etc. have all been covered elsewhere in more detail. The NWA title mess with Colt & Sheik, again, all covered elsewhere in more detail. The main "new" material of interest here was all early career stories of indies & experiences getting into the SoCal indy scene & going to Mexico & stuff. I never felt bored and I really respect Pearce but again, this was by & large stuff I'd heard before. They made reference to a Faceoff interview they did with he & Gabe about ROH that sounds much more intriguing to me. Not sure if that is out yet or not.

I want a new Honky Tonk Man shoot. I don't know if I find anyone more entertaining than HTM. He just buries everyone, it's hilarious.

"Ol' one-eyed Jack, hang 'em high!" "He said youse a piece of chit!" "Oh, A to Z, unbelievable."

Has Honky ever told the story on him threatening to jump to WCW with the IC strap?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/kayfabe-lies-and-alibis-shoot-interview-with-mike-graham/#.VRRHc_nF_rE

Mike Graham covers the history of he and his dad, the rise of Florida wrestling, making Dusty Rhodes a star, JCP taking all their talent in 1984, his dad's suicide, the death of Florida wrestling, working for WCW under Jim Herd, threatening to kill Benoit and much more!