Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Cornette and Hacksaw Duggan take us back to the gravy days of the Mid-South/UWF region and cover the big angles, the bar fights, the drugs, the travel, the sex, the Wrestling War and much more!

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Cornette and JJ Dillon cover the whole history of JCP, from the humble beginnings, to the rise of Ric Flair, to the era of expansion in the 80's and ultimately cover why they were forced to sell out to Ted Turner.

Are you talking about the Kayfabe Commentaries releases?

I used to catch ALL of them when they were made available, but I kind of fell out of following once the podcast scene blew up so big sometime in 2014 or so.

Is Sean still pumping out quality content? Even though they tend to retread some tired territory here & there, a lot of the stuff is really well produced & comes across as professional anyhow. Plus you'll get the occasional home run - like the Bruno & Larry timelines, the Nash '95 timeline, the Cornette Lost Questions, the Waltman YouShoot, etc.

Hmm. Maybe I need to backtrack & see what I've missed in the last year or two.

No matter how off he can be at times about the current product, Cornette is still gold when he tells stories of old school wrestling. And although those familiar with his podcast herd a lot about this year already, there are still some new stuff there, like the Freebirds (Michael & Jimmy) coming off like complete dicks.

Are you talking about the Kayfabe Commentaries releases?

I used to catch ALL of them when they were made available, but I kind of fell out of following once the podcast scene blew up so big sometime in 2014 or so.

Is Sean still pumping out quality content? Even though they tend to retread some tired territory here & there, a lot of the stuff is really well produced & comes across as professional anyhow. Plus you'll get the occasional home run - like the Bruno & Larry timelines, the Nash '95 timeline, the Cornette Lost Questions, the Waltman YouShoot, etc.

Hmm. Maybe I need to backtrack & see what I've missed in the last year or two.

Absolutely. Sean is great.

Doesn't seem like Shane Douglas would come out looking too good either based on the trailer.

Well, Corny said before and after the story that Shane was green and didn't know how things worked.

Good stuff. And Corny looks in the best shape of his life too.

The Freebirds story was awesome stuff, especially when it came to a head in the six man tag with Doc. I was really impressed with how composed he was, he was far from the Cornette we're all used to, going off on profanity ridden tangents. He only mentions Herd a few times, and while he's far from kind to him, he's much nicer than you'd expect, aside from the funny impersonation.

Ivan Koloff and Bruno Sammartino come together and pull no punches as they discuss their WWWF feud, Koloff's drug use, Bruno vs. The Nazis, Sammartino being kicked out of the sport, broken bodies, roid use, and much much more!