Pro Wrestling Only

PlacetoBeNation.com

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have paid money to have Dylan on this show.

Agreed. Will was civilised and easy going about it all.

Dylan would have eviscerated the poor bastard.

The problem is I have been on Scott's show before and it's always been a civilized, laid back conversation. Dylan and Scott had a civilized debate about HHH! I had no reason to think I was going to debate Vince Russo on that show. I knew something was amiss when he started ranting about the Bushwackers / Sheepherders. In my head, I am thinking, "who gives a fuck? It's the fucking Bushwackers. Why is this guy arguing?"

Will, the thing was you weren't even arguing against the Bushwhackers! He felt the need to prove everything you said was wrong and that's when I tuned out. There was no discussion about anything, just constant assertion. If you're gonna make a claim, back it up don't just act like any opinion you have is fact. If anything, I at least got a chuckle out of somebody who sounds like they've only watched Monday Night War era stuff and the current product trying to give you a wrestling education.

Will, the thing was you weren't even arguing against the Bushwhackers! He felt the need to prove everything you said was wrong and that's when I tuned out. There was no discussion about anything, just constant assertion. If you're gonna make a claim, back it up don't just act like any opinion you have is fact. If anything, I at least got a chuckle out of somebody who sounds like they've only watched Monday Night War era stuff and the current product trying to give you a wrestling education.

It was difficult to listen too. The wins don't matter, Triple H is great, Bushwhackers were huge draws in the WWF bullshit was awful.

There is a lot of people who are bad at podcasts, because they can't speak or stutter or whatever. This guy was great at talking, but was completely awful at making blanket statements with no proof.

I know Will couldn't had just ripped him apart, because he is being nice and such. However, if I made those statements Will would had come unglued (because we are friends).

It's a shame Phil Schneider wasn't on the show with him.

As well as being a dick, he is also just completely clueless. Anyone who thinks wins and losses don't matter shouldn't be allowed to watch wrestling, let alone podcast about it. When Scott said that they'd definitely be having him on again, I buried my face in my hands.

I don't want to be critical of Scott because that was a tough show to host and there was a sense that he was trying to keep things nice. But there are some instances where the "hey everyone's got an opinion and they are all valid" stuff just isn't right. Part of the issue too is that the guy clearly had an axe to grind about the IWC but had no idea who he was in there with.

I don't want a one on one with him and anyone, because I never want to hear him again. Why would anyone want to subject themselves to listening to a ignorant blow hard? Just brutal.

One thing I am genuinely interested to know is if the Bushwackers' earnings in WWF do really outstrip their career earnings as the Sheepherders. On the one hand, they shifted merch and would have had some big pay days. On the other, they worked almost nonstop for over twenty five years before WWF, and you can't just assume that territorial pay offs were bad, because they weren't. They would have had some big pay days in Japan and Crockett, Verne wasn't a bad pay guy. Would they have really made more as the JTTS team they were for most of their WWF run than in twenty five years as a drawing tag team?

Not saying they wouldn't but just that we can't assume that.

As well as being a dick, he is also just completely clueless. Anyone who thinks wins and losses don't matter shouldn't be allowed to watch wrestling, let alone podcast about it. When Scott said that they'd definitely be having him on again, I buried my face in my hands.

I don't want to be critical of Scott because that was a tough show to host and there was a sense that he was trying to keep things nice. But there are some instances where the "hey everyone's got an opinion and they are all valid" stuff just isn't right. Part of the issue too is that the guy clearly had an axe to grind about the IWC but had no idea who he was in there with.

I don't want a one on one with him and anyone, because I never want to hear him again. Why would anyone want to subject themselves to listening to a ignorant blow hard? Just brutal.

One thing I am genuinely interested to know is if the Bushwackers' earnings in WWF do really outstrip their career earnings as the Sheepherders. On the one hand, they shifted merch and would have had some big pay days. On the other, they worked almost nonstop for over twenty five years before WWF, and you can't just assume that territorial pay offs were bad, because they weren't. They would have had some big pay days in Japan and Crockett, Verne wasn't a bad pay guy. Would they have really made more as the JTTS team they were for most of their WWF run than in twenty five years as a drawing tag team?

Not saying they wouldn't but just that we can't assume that.

About the Bushwhackers. There is no way a 2 year run as a jobber tag team made them more than 25 years as actual draws. That is insanity.

Bushwhackers actually worked WWF from 1989-1996 so their run was a little longer than two years. They weren't really full time guys after 1992, but still had hats, action figures, posters, etc. I think WWF even promoted their restauarnt too.

But they didn't get to NY until they were in their mid 40's! They worked all over the world for over two decades prior to that, working WWF was just icing on the cake. To act like none of the stuff before mattered is just idiotic on so many levels.

To be fair, Scott defaults to saying that about every single guest we or he have on. He told fucking Joe Dombrowski he could come on monthly at one point. I think you could hear my head hit the table when he said that one.