Pro Wrestling Only

PlacetoBeNation.com

Schneider would've laughed for like an hour straight with the claims Sitterson was making.

With all the heat dude is having he has to have a one-on-one with Will or Dylan, right? That show sells itself.

Scott's show isn't the right forum to go into attack mode (at least it wasn't in the past) but I said on the show I would love to do another show with the guy.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get into the pros and cons of Whatshisface because I don't care.

I would have to think that The Bushwackers if anything separates Luke and Butch from any number of tag teams who couldn't evolve the act with time. They went from blood soaked brawlers to this kid friendly act and extended their careers for an extra 6 years or more. And the kid friendly stuff had to lucrative with the ball caps being an especially nice piece of merchandise. I don't know I can think of anyone that took such a drastic turn outside of Mick Foley who was so successful. I don't think you can argue that they had their largest degree of fame in WWF. Granted fame isn't everything.

I'm still a little confused by Will's points about Fujinami being the 'easiest' Hall of Fame inductee. I assume he means from a merit based Hall of Fame taking into account drawing and performance but still I have to wonder if he would out do Savage in those areas. He doesn't seem as hyped to me as say Baba, Kawada, Jumbo or Misawa. Where would someone start to pick that up?

I usually enjoy the Main Event so I tried to get through this. But I had to tap out after 45 minutes. The point that the crowd not caring about Reigns is irrelevant because WWE says he is a star was just too much.

Also if you come unto a wrestling podcast and seriously make the "you know it's scripted" argument with a straight face, all of your arguments immediately become invalid to me.

I usually enjoy the Main Event so I tried to get through this. But I had to tap out after 45 minutes. The point that the crowd not caring about Reigns is irrelevant because WWE says he is a star was just too much.

Also if you come unto a wrestling podcast and seriously make the "you know it's scripted" argument with a straight face, all of your arguments immediately become invalid to me.

Multiple times he made that point. Like he seriously thought only somebody who thought it was real could make the points Will was making.

Was this guy Vince Russo's son?

As well as being a dick, he is also just completely clueless. Anyone who thinks wins and losses don't matter shouldn't be allowed to watch wrestling, let alone podcast about it. When Scott said that they'd definitely be having him on again, I buried my face in my hands.

To be fair, Scott defaults to saying that about every single guest we or he have on. He told fucking Joe Dombrowski he could come on monthly at one point. I think you could hear my head hit the table when he said that one.

I'm still waiting for the hotly anticipated return of Brian Papa.

I'll do a show with this guy, but I doubt it lasts 5 mins

Dylan, you did a debate on HHH with Scott and it lasted a long time and it was completely civil. That's what I expect going in, You can appreciate this.... it almost felt like I was talking to Bill O Reilly in the demeanor he presented,

Yes, but I like and respect Scott

The star of Main Event is obviously Steve Wille, but they had to make due with what was available, man.

I don't know Sitterson, and I have yet to listen to the episode. I'll say this much though, I'd never label Will as negative. Sure, he will state his opinion on aspects of wrestling that he doesn't like, but that's what any discerning fan of something should do. However, at the end of the day Will is a great guy to discuss wrestling with, or to listen in on his discussions about wrestling, because he has his opinions and still manages to remain generally upbeat and a lover of professional wrestling.

I would say though, that I think a deep breath needs to be taken by some people who are getting riled up. Sitterson's "bitter nerd" comment isn't called for, but there have been similar statements in here that are accomplishing the same thing, just adding fuel to a fire that doesn't need any more fuel. I think the original approach of Will is what we should be aiming for here, state why we disagree and remain calm throughout because if we resort to the same level as the "bitter nerd" labeling then we're doing nothing but falling to to a level we don't want to be on.

I'm not trying to be a hall monitor either, just realized I may be coming off that way. I just hold this place to a pretty high level and think we've built a pretty swell community of open minded individuals who I enjoy discussing wrestling with. If at the end of the day Sitterson is not someone with whom we enjoy discussing wrestling then let's just let him be, because he's not worth getting riled up over. :)

I don't know Sitterson, and I have yet to listen to the episode. I'll say this much though, I'd never label Will as negative. Sure, he will state his opinion on aspects of wrestling that he doesn't like, but that's what any discerning fan of something should do. However, at the end of the day Will is a great guy to discuss wrestling with, or to listen in on his discussions about wrestling, because he has his opinions and still manages to remain generally upbeat and a lover of professional wrestling.

I would say though, that I think a deep breath needs to be taken by some people who are getting riled up. Sitterson's "bitter nerd" comment isn't called for, but there have been similar statements in here that are accomplishing the same thing, just adding fuel to a fire that doesn't need any more fuel. I think the original approach of Will is what we should be aiming for here, state why we disagree and remain calm throughout because if we resort to the same level as the "bitter nerd" labeling then we're doing nothing but falling to to a level we don't want to be on.

I'm not trying to be a hall monitor either, just realized I may be coming off that way. I just hold this place to a pretty high level and think we've built a pretty swell community of open minded individuals who I enjoy discussing wrestling with. If at the end of the day Sitterson is not someone with whom we enjoy discussing wrestling then let's just let him be, because he's not worth getting riled up over. :)

Could you do me a favor real quick, Bill? SHUT IT!

Could you do me a favor real quick, Bill? SHUT IT!

No you ShuT iT, WhippERSnappER!

Bill's post is very fair minded. Hopefully when Aubrey vanity google's his name to get back to this thread he'll be impressed by the tone.

Thanks, like I said I was afraid I was being a bit too hall monitor. Because at the end of the day there are lots of people who have been here way longer than me and contribute far more/better content; steeping on toes is not my intent (except for the aforementioned whippersnapper.)

I would have paid money to have Dylan on this show.

Agreed. Will was civilised and easy going about it all.

Dylan would have eviscerated the poor bastard.

Aubrey Sitterson Benedikt: If you thought this Facebook post is harsh, you should see the pages of message board posts about what a shill, idiot, Russo-loving mark I am, and how in a REAL podcast, these guys would "eviscerate" me!

FAME!!!!!