Pro Wrestling Only

Red Flags in Wrestling

MikeCampbell

I thought this would make for some fun discussion. There seem to be certain cases where we see something happen and, with as long as we've been watching wrestling, we pretty much know what's going to happen next.

- During the contract signing, the table is getting turned over.

- A babyface wins a trophy or award, and the heel breaks it.

- The babyface asks the longtime heel for help in his feud, and says he wants him to be his old self. The babyface gets double crossed.

- Challenger wins the title match by DQ or count out, and celebrates like he just won the super bowl.

What else do y'all got?

Babyface get the upper hand at the end of the last two or three RAW / Nitro / Superstars / Thunder / etc... before the PPV, you know he is losing at the PPV...

You get basically put down for your race for WEEKS and WEEKS and called not good enough to be a champion because of "your people" on TV by the champ..You will lose at the Biggest PPV of the Year....just ask Booker T in 2003 at Mania vs. HHH!!

Maybe the second one isnt as prevalent....not sure though...

Any type of contest: Arm wrestling, pose down, test of strength, dance off, etc. Somebody's getting blindsided during that.

In the arm wrestling one, when an exception occurs it stuns you more than any blindside attack would. I know of one example from Grand Prix in 1974 that was a straight-up arm wrestling challenge for $$$ contest that ended without incident.

It reckon Ice Train won some arm wrestling matches clean.

Another red flag is when you see something like a 6-man tag and it's something like Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard vs. Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA ... and ROCKY KING!

I wonder who is taking the pin.

Sometimes it's stupidly obvious like when Andre tags with SD Jones and stuff like that.

Been watching a few recent Royal Rumbles, but just watching one this will be quite apparent. As soon as the guy that tosses another wrestler over the top rope turns his attention elsewhere instead of making sure both feet touched the ground, the wrestler will be able to get back up without his feet touching the floor.

Or if he successfully eliminates someone, but starts celebrating or taunting excessively, he usually gets sent over by another guy in the ring.

Two out of three falls match is probably gonna have three full falls.

I can think of one time I've seen one end 2-0 off the top of my head.

Please do share.

Bob Backlund and Pedro Morales defeated The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika) in a two out of three falls match, 2-0 at Showdown at Shea on August 9th 1980.

Two out of three falls match is probably gonna have three full falls.

I can think of one time I've seen one end 2-0 off the top of my head.

Please do share.

Bob Backlund and Pedro Morales defeated The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika) in a two out of three falls match, 2-0 at Showdown at Shea on August 9th 1980.

Horsemen-Blonds in 1993 and Benoit-Angle at Insurrextion 2001 come to mind as well.