Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

It appears 2009 Smackdown is going up.

Have we gotten any hints about what their next project will be when they finish up Smackdown?

Not exactly an answer to your question but someone asked Dave if we'd ever see Florida footage on the network and his reply was pretty much that they don't seem to think it's worth the time and money needed to make them network worthy. Which made me the saddest of pandas.

Yeah, I doubt they're anywhere near going deep in terms of territory footage. I could see them going further on WCW Saturday Night. In terms of stuff they've already got digitized for sure, there's PTW (from the 24/7 days, up into at least 1989 I think), and they have edited versions of some years of Wrestling Challenge and Superstars from the online WWE Classics. But otherwise, it feels pretty open and I don't have a good hunch about what they'd determine is important enough.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see them fleshing out the PTWs and Saturday Nights, and I believe they just started doing the late era Worldwides right before 24/7 was shut down.

Still don't know why they can't do a mass dump of the AWA/WCCW/Florida stuff that was already digitized.

The only thing about WWECW is that they were pushing You Know Who right up to the week of everything hitting the fan, and that might make them reluctant to put that up.

It's really only a couple of weeks he was there, though. He got drafted to ECW right before he was erased from history.

Coliseum Videos are a good call, too - pretty sure a lot are digitized and it would be pretty easy chum for the fans of older stuff.

One thing about WCWSN if they do it is when to stop. Didn't it become a nothing show pretty shortly after Nitro debuted? If Thunder was bad from 1999-on, I can't imagine how awful WCWSN must have been.

e) I hope they get to the hilariously bad cyberpunk set, though. That's my favorite bad studio set in wrestling history.

I remember Saturday Night as being okay up until about '97. The sci-fi set was bad (even as a young mark I hated it compared to the set they had at the time which was pretty cool), but I liked the theme music and loved how they would have it play under the video re-caps they would start the show with.

If I had to guess, once they finish up with Smackdown, they'll get to putting up much more Prime Time Wrestling, and hopefully Superstars/Challenge.

I wonder when they'll put up the WWF's original syndicated show, before Superstars/WC.

There was a time around 1999 or so where they let Jimmy Hart book Saturday Night more or less in it's own universe which was pretty good.

The 2000 era after Duggan found the TV belt in the trash was pretty fun. Faced off with Robert Gibson, Steven Regal (who I believe put his career up since he was ready to go back to the WWFafter getting clean), and Fidel Sierra in title matches. Then when Russo stripped all the belts, the TV title just disappeared altogether. It was also fun to see all the Natural Born Thrillers in 1999 before they hit Nitro the next year.

They announced there is going to be a Hidden Gems 2 collection tomorrow. Here is the listing:

Dallas Wrestling 04/29/1952 – A Killer Challenge

Killer Kowalski is faced with some deadly double duty when he takes on Mr. Moto and Duke Keomuka in a Handicap Match in the famous Dallas Sportatorium.

Dallas Wrestling 11/08/1966 – Legends of Texas Rasslin’

In this rarely seen battle, Joe Blanchard teams with Cowboy Bob Ellis and Duke Keomuka to face Bob Geigel, Gary Hart, and Waldo Von Erich in the famous Dallas Sportatorium.

WWWF 07/29/1970 – Bruno Battles a Caged Animal

Within the hallowed grounds of Madison Square Garden, Bruno Sammartino takes on George ‘The Animal’ Steele in a Steel Cage Match.

Championship Wrestling from Florida 06/15/1972 – A Moving Demonstration

Strengthen your knowledge of wrestling maneuvers demonstrated by the likes of Danny Hodge, Harley Race, and other legends of the ring.

Mid-South Wrestling 11/27/1975 – The Cowboy and a Texas Bronco

Two western legends go head-to-head when ‘Cowboy’ Bill Watts defends the North American Championship against Terry Funk.

Stampede Wrestling 08/17/1979 – Inoki Faces The Lariat

The legendary Antonio Inoki travels North of the Border to Stampede Wrestling to take on Stan ‘The Lariat’ Hansen.

NWA Mid-Atlantic 11/22/1979 – Battle of The Nature Boys

Witness a true wrestling rarity with the only known footage of ‘The Nature Boy’ Buddy Rogers taking on ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair.

NWA Big Time Wrestling 06/07/1981 – Big Cat vs Modern Day Warrior

In this classic confrontation, ‘The Big Cat’ Ernie Ladd goes one-on-one with ‘The Modern Day Warrior’ Kerry Von Erich.

Mid-South Wrestling 09/01/1983 – The Size of a Giant

Andre the Giant makes his way to Mid-South Wrestling, Bill Watts shows the fans the extraordinary size of ‘The Eighth Wonder of the World’.

Global Wrestling Federation 01/06/1992 – Cruiserweight Pioneers

Witness The Lighting Kid defend the GWF Light Heavyweight Championship against Jerry Lynn in an incredible 2-Out-of-3 Falls Match.

Stu Hart 50th Anniversary Show 12/15/1995 – The Funks Make Bad Company

The Funks look to bring some Texas Justice to Stampede Wrestling’s Showdown at the Corral in a battle against Brian Pillman and Bruce Hart.

WCW 01/27/1999 – Festival De Lucha

Konnan, Rey Mysterio, Hector Garza, and Silver King face a team led by Chris Jericho in a bout from WCW’s unaired pilot ‘Festival de Lucha’.

Ultimate Pro Wrestling 04/25/2001 – An Ultimate Encounter

Edge and Christian journey to Ultimate Pro Wrestling to take on the evolutionary duo known as Nova and Frankie Kazarian.

OVW 07/28/2001 – The Beast Meets Leviathan

Prior to Batista’s evolution into The Animal, Leviathan clashes with Brock Lesnar in this memorable battle from Ohio Valley Wrestling.

FCW 02/05/2012 – Gold Before Justice

Long before fighting for justice, the future members of The Shield battled each other for a shot at gold in this Triple Threat Match.

Seems to me like the Festival de Lucha match was cut down to the first fall, presumably to highlight Chris Jericho since he gets the win. Unless contemporary reports from those taping are inaccurate (by which I mean, I read the taping results online), Jericho's team lost. They don't report that it was 2/3 falls, though they also don't report Fit Finlay being at ringside or their being two referees either.

Going through the New Day Collection, and my god those intro videos/first couple of promos. Reminded me of how WWE has done a better job with them than even with Daniel Bryan in convincing people that them getting over they way they did was the plan all along.

A new Legends with JBL just dropped with Stan Hansen, could be an interesting watch.

I watched it last night. Fun as always, but I'm not sure there's any new information contained in the interview - and I say that as someone who is far from an expert on Stan Hansen's career.