Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really stood out to me was the nice balance of kayfabe and non-kayfabe question and of course the responses to those questions (both worked and otherwise). Just a really good balance that didn't feel as though Vince was feeding anyone lines or trying to push WWE corporate speak too hard. JBL kept it 100 at the end of the show. A good watch to kill time after Raw. Hope to see more.

Why does it always feel like Paul thinks he's being edgy when he drops that he's a Jew in a promo or on something like this? Maybe it's my background as a Jew, but it feels like he thinks other people will think you can't say JEW on TV, so he's breaking script or something.

Everyone in the crowd is wearing a jacket or coat. Looks like the coldest it got that month was the mid 40's (Fahrenheit) or so. I wonder how WWE kept the ring warm that night. The cat is out-of-the-bag for WM29, but there is nothing within The Big Event setup that looks sophisticated enough to keep anyone warm.[/quote

What did they do at mania?

Saw some people VERY upset on twitter about Heyman saying that until fans boycott, complaining means nothing. They were just complaining and not boycotting however, proving him right.

So WWE produced a show where Heyman told people to stop spending money on the product? Got it.

Saw some people VERY upset on twitter about Heyman saying that until fans boycott, complaining means nothing. They were just complaining and not boycotting however, proving him right.

So WWE produced a show where Heyman told people to stop spending money on the product? Got it.

I support it 100%. It's not going to matter because that's the whole point of what he said: People love to complain about WWE but when it comes down to it they're not going to stop giving them their money and that's the only effective means of protesting WWE.

Why does it always feel like Paul thinks he's being edgy when he drops that he's a Jew in a promo or on something like this? Maybe it's my background as a Jew, but it feels like he thinks other people will think you can't say JEW on TV, so he's breaking script or something.

On Stone Cold's WWE Network podcast, he flat out insinuated the old stereotype that Jews own everything, which silenced Heyman for the first time in his life. I was expecting tons of outrage the next day, but no one said a word. Pretty much reinforces that rasslin' fans are the lowest common denominator and either don't care/feel the same way or it went over their heads. Later on, I think Heyman said his people chose the one place without oil.

Anyway, I liked Rosenberg and agree with Heyman 100%. Fans will bitch and moan, and even worse, they'll do so in the most contradictory ways. Why should anyone listen to that white noise? It really doesn't mean a damn thing until they boycott. None of those Twitter twits are coming close to doing that, so who cares what they think?

• 2 weeks later...

Ride Along has to be the most boring show ever.

Bryan was sniffling and blowing his nose constantly. I would've thrown his ass out of the car and told him to get his own ride. But Ellsworth, who was disgusted, had to be polite because of their different positions on the WWE totem pole. Such a boring pairing because there could never be conflict.

Slater/Rhyno was a bit better, but still dull compared to what their real car rides must be like. The only highlight was their visit to some sort of redneck superstore, and even that didn't last long enough. I wish the whole episode had taken place inside that store.

Ride Along has to be the most boring show ever.

Bryan was sniffling and blowing his nose constantly. I would've thrown his ass out of the car and told him to get his own ride. But Ellsworth, who was disgusted, had to be polite because of their different positions on the WWE totem pole. Such a boring pairing because there could never be conflict.

Slater/Rhyno was a bit better, but still dull compared to what their real car rides must be like. The only highlight was their visit to some sort of redneck superstore, and even that didn't last long enough. I wish the whole episode had taken place inside that store.

I liked the Jericho&Henry/Club and Enzo&Cass/Dudleys episodes, but yeah, otherwise it's a show that doesn't do anything for me.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears 2009 Smackdown is going up.

Have we gotten any hints about what their next project will be when they finish up Smackdown?

Not exactly an answer to your question but someone asked Dave if we'd ever see Florida footage on the network and his reply was pretty much that they don't seem to think it's worth the time and money needed to make them network worthy. Which made me the saddest of pandas.