Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Well, then, more SMW. (though that's pretty easily available in nice quality) But maybe they don't like the way Cornette talks about them.

WCWSN 1991-92 would work, too. Oh, and where the heck is Championship/Superstars, especially 1983-85? Maybe that's coming once the Raw/SD is complete.

Not being ungrateful. Just wish-listing.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess it really was the plan to start adding vault stuff after they filled out the "top three" brands. I would hope the Mid Atlantic stuff is next since there was a pretty full run made available on 24/7. IIRC the Georgia stuff they own looks pretty rough so I wouldn't be surprised if they pass on adding that unless they found better quality in whatever stash they found the Last Battle of Atlanta in.

Rough picture quality wise ? Or just bits missing and not complete. Several of the wcw nitros and ppvs have a message at the start about it being "Shown in the most complete form possible"

I did hear that when wwe got the wcw stuff (which included everything had been assumed by wcw when it bought JCP), that it was supposed to be a mess. Some of it wasn't labeled correctly or at all.

That is how Kevin Kelly described how it arrived, in boxes.

Kevin Kelly ? Ok that's probably where I heard it. Jim cornette has said he saved a load of tapes when ted turner bought JCP that were going to be thrown out.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea why the Jake Roberts documentary that they produced is not on the Network yet?

There's a lot of older docs that arent on there: Hulk Still Rules, The Stone Cold Truth, The Four Horsemen, Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story, McMahon, etc. Also, they recently uploaded the Scott Hall doc, but i've heard it's an edited version and doesnt contain the full documentary from the dvd. Can anyone confirm that?

Watching Mid South episodes, and it's so bizarre watching Iron Mike Sharpe presented as the guy who gets wins over jobbers. Like, I know he was a midcard guy in most places before he went to the WWF but as someone who's formative fandom years included large quantities of Iron Mike as the world's loudest jobber it's a trip.

Prime Time from 1987 is the next classic content being uploaded right now.

Was that the A show in the late 80ies or was it Superstars?

Superstars was where most of the angles actually happened, but everything was covered on PTW.

It's also a much better weekly watch, with far more competitive matches. I'm sure that's part of what's driving the uploading of PTW over Superstars - much more rewatchabale show.

Watching Mid South episodes, and it's so bizarre watching Iron Mike Sharpe presented as the guy who gets wins over jobbers. Like, I know he was a midcard guy in most places before he went to the WWF but as someone who's formative fandom years included large quantities of Iron Mike as the world's loudest jobber it's a trip.

Sharpe did actually start as an almost upper midcarder in 1983 WWF, managed by Albano. Also had a shot against Backlund at the Spectrum. By 84 he was had settled into his JTTS role

I'll never forget the time (years ago) that I had purchased a Best of Hulk Hogan in Japan comp for a friend of mine who (for some reason) is a huge Hogan fan. So we're watching the comp, and it's going along good...there was a really good match with Hogan vs. Abdullah The Butcher which was a lot of fun. There is a singles match against Inoki.

Then we get to a Tag Team Match with Antonio Inoki and Tatsumi Fujinami against Hogan and his partner...Iron Mike Sharpe. My friend and I were both all like "WTF?!" Turns out Mike's father and uncle were once a Tag Team in Japan and were pretty successful, so the Sharpe name carried a lot of cache with the fans there. Apparently they worked a bunch of televised Tag Matches against Rikidozan and a partner, and were very well known. But at the time, we only knew Iron Mike as the WWF jobber and were NOT expecting him as Hogan's partner.

Watts must have been really upset at the Lawler-Kaufman angle, devoting the opening segment of the first show after their match (which had nothing to do with his territory) to him cutting a promo on why non wrestlers don't belong in the ring.

Prime Time from 1987 is the next classic content being uploaded right now.

Was that the A show in the late 80ies or was it Superstars?

Superstars was where most of the angles actually happened, but everything was covered on PTW.

is the WWE still not uploading much about Superstars of Wrestling because somebody else got that phrase trademarked? or was that resolved?