Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Something like that would be a pretty glaring oversight on pretty much everyone's part (insert joke about Jarrett being to cheap to pay to register the shows). Even AWA shows have copyright notices and Verne was behind the times on practically everything.

I guess the question is if those "produced by" notices count, then.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, did they just air Southpaw Regional one time only? I can't find it anywhere on the Network. I've been searching the usual spots (I even tried the Search function itself) but can't locate it. I know I can get it on YouTube, but I just find it really hard to believe they would produce a special that got some decent buzz online and then not actually keep it available.

Any tips on locating it on The Network?

Ahh, I didn't research it too much - I just assumed it would be on the Network because why the hell would it not be on the Network? Thanks.

Pretty much how I feel about a lot of the YouTube-exclusive WWE content. So fucking silly and backward - and downright infuriating - for WWE not to have this shit on their own Network.

Ahh, I didn't research it too much - I just assumed it would be on the Network because why the hell would it not be on the Network? Thanks.

Pretty much how I feel about a lot of the YouTube-exclusive WWE content. So fucking silly and backward - and downright infuriating - for WWE not to have this shit on their own Network.

They actually had a section on the Network devoted to their Youtube stuff for a while. I don't know why or when they got rid of it.

I kind of get why they don't have all their Youtube stuff on the Network. They get ad revenue from youtube so putting that stuff on the Network as an exclusive wouldn't make sense because it's not like any of that stuff is going to drive subs & double posting it just takes away YT views and cuts into the ad revenue.

And who cares where it is?

"Can I watch this show?"

"Yup."

"Cool. Is it free?"

"Yup."

"I don't know. I'm concerned that this isn't on your network."

"......Fuck you?"

Another day, another trolling Sorrow post that completely misses the point.

Plenty of reasons to prefer content on the Network:

The Network on Roku, my Smart TV, etc. has a much better UI than YouTube. If you stop in the middle of a show, you can't resume on the YouTube app. Search on the YouTube app is much more laborious. Tons of big and little reasons like that.

On the web, it's probably a wash. But I don't watch anything on a laptop screen.

As for the argument that WWE gets more revenue on YouTube...honestly, I don't care. I don't give a single shit about that. As a consumer, all I care about is the product I'm paying for, which is the Network. I get why Raw and Smackdown aren't live on the Network, but it should be next day (again, I don't care about Hulu). There's zero reason for the Network not to be a one-stop shop for everything WWE. The fact that it still isn't after all these years is a massive failure and missed opportunity. I would never suggest that WWE shouldn't be on YouTube, Hulu, etc., but I don't see why those deals have to come at the expense of the Network. This Is Us is on both the NBC app and Hulu, for example.

[There's zero reason for the Network not to be a one-stop shop for everything WWE. The fact that it still isn't after all these years is a massive failure and missed opportunity. .

Because it's $9.99 to watch every PPV and feeling entitled to all content WWE produces for that price is a little greedy?

Of course USA Network isn't going to want a deal where Raw & Smackdown get put on the Network the day after they air live & WWE would be stupid to act like that's some kind of deal breaker. Even if it's just a difference between people watching it via their cable DVR or via The Network, USA is going to want the DVR #s.

Strangely, the WWE Youtube channel includes content not available on the network, including the 1989 Hacksaw Jim Duggan home video (yeah, it pretty much sucks, but the fact remains that they uploaded a Coliseum video to youtube but not the network).

You can't put everything in the bubble. Otherwise how do you entice people from outside the bubble? Ultimately you want people watching on different platforms.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. They need to keep people paying attention to their product anyway they can, and that includes people who are not paying for the Network. Give them something valuable on the YouTube page, and it might entice them to subscribe to get even more.

Also regarding the Southpaw wrestling videos: I like the way I just stumbled across them on YouTube one day. Or maybe somebody tweeted them. Either way, it was very easy to watch them without having to log in to my network account and find them.

And while YouTube comments are frequently stupid and trollish, I still enjoy that aspect of being able to comment on videos and chat with people. That's something the Network does not have.

Of course USA Network isn't going to want a deal where Raw & Smackdown get put on the Network the day after they air live & WWE would be stupid to act like that's some kind of deal breaker. Even if it's just a difference between people watching it via their cable DVR or via The Network, USA is going to want the DVR #s.

But it is on Hulu the next day (granted, Raw is in abbreviated form).

You can't put everything in the bubble. Otherwise how do you entice people from outside the bubble? Ultimately you want people watching on different platforms.

It seems no one fully read my post. I never said they shouldn't be on Hulu, YouTube, etc. - of course they should - but content should not be missing from the WWE Network. It's a reasonable expectation for the WWE Network to be a one-stop shop for WWE content. Don't see how that's "greedy."