Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they say anything about the womens 1993 tournament? Were the round 1 matches legit or phantom?

The tournament was mentioned, but that's about it. I'm trying to remember if they showed any footage of the earlier round matches Alundra was in, but I don't think so. I ended up wondering the same thing - if it was a phantom tournament or real. It seemed pointless to me, even at the time, to run a tournament at all - or the claim of one - when it was so obvious Alundra was going to win.

On another note entirely, I don't blame Madusa for throwing the belt in the trash. It wasn't her idea anyway, but even if it was, I remember agreeing with it at the time - or at least not disagreeing with it. WWE abandoned the entire division, including its champion, without any explanation. It annoyed me as a fan back then. It was bad enough that Madusa was miscast as a babyface. At the very least, she could've been kept around as a badass heel manager - similar to the role she played in the Dangerous Alliance. Really dumb to just let her go.

Did they say anything about the womens 1993 tournament? Were the round 1 matches legit or phantom?

The tournament was mentioned, but that's about it. I'm trying to remember if they showed any footage of the earlier round matches Alundra was in, but I don't think so. I ended up wondering the same thing - if it was a phantom tournament or real. It seemed pointless to me, even at the time, to run a tournament at all - or the claim of one - when it was so obvious Alundra was going to win.

On another note entirely, I don't blame Madusa for throwing the belt in the trash. It wasn't her idea anyway, but even if it was, I remember agreeing with it at the time - or at least not disagreeing with it. WWE abandoned the entire division, including its champion, without any explanation. It annoyed me as a fan back then. It was bad enough that Madusa was miscast as a babyface. At the very least, she could've been kept around as a badass heel manager - similar to the role she played in the Dangerous Alliance. Really dumb to just let her go.

I don't blame Madusa either especially if the plan was Aja Kong winning the title at the Rumble then dropping it a few months later. 2 Women battling for the belt and no roster seemed pointless having a belt.

Grahams site claims there was first round matches.

On a site note Im guessing WWE is making us wait for the Thunders and probably wont upload them till Sept 30th.

Looks like we're not getting Thunder (or Heat which was supposed to be coming soon too) due to the Buff Bagwell/Raven royalty lawsuits. On the plus side, we're getting more WCCW instead so yay for that.

What now?

So why are all the Raws, Nitros, ECW TV and Smackdowns they were on still up?

And would this effect early 1990s/pre-Nitro Saturday Nights?

There is a new DVD which I guess is just about the WWF in 1997 and how it started the "attitude era". The first look was pretty good with them doing a roundtable discussion with HBK, Kane, Ron Simmons, Foley, Simmons, and Godfather. I figure the documentary part will be up on the network soon.

While I hope Thunder gets on I would rather see them work on Mid South or Smoky Mountain more. Probably most people do. Hell maybe even put some WWF Superstars on the show as well.

Looks like we're not getting Thunder (or Heat which was supposed to be coming soon too) due to the Buff Bagwell/Raven royalty lawsuits. On the plus side, we're getting more WCCW instead so yay for that.

Wait, who's saying that?

Every story I saw on it seems to link back to the same PWInsider story where they say they spoke to people in the company who all pointed to the lawsuit as the reason why.

That doesn't make sense, because Bagwell and Flamingo are all over other shows already on the Network (Nitro, ECW, etc.), so why would a lawsuit specifically affect Thunder being uploaded?

Didn't Bagwell's neck injury take place on Thunder? Still its a shame ithe show still isn't up there yet, Id have taken Heat instead.

I do want the Thunders to be added but I more so want WCW Saturday Night. Specifically from the pre-Nitro era, when that was one of the main WCW shows. I know WWE has a hard-on for the Monday Night Wars & them "winning" but I want more shit from before that era. More from the era of Dustin Rhodes, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, etc.

I do want the Thunders to be added but I more so want WCW Saturday Night. Specifically from the pre-Nitro era, when that was one of the main WCW shows. I know WWE has a hard-on for the Monday Night Wars & them "winning" but I want more shit from before that era. More from the era of Dustin Rhodes, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, etc.

Yeah Thunders when they started much like Heat had alot of good stuff for the first few months.

I'm watching World Class now that it's mostly complete for the first couple years, I just started 1984. It's sad not just for the obvious reasons, but also for what could have been. Mike debuted a few months ago and so far he's been a perfectly fine tag team wrestler. He could have been the Robert Gibson of the Von Erichs, but when David died he was expected to be part of the legendary dynasty when he was nowhere near the singles wrestler that his brothers were. Fritz had such a hard on that all his sons would be world champion (at that time meaning David, Kerry, and Kevin), that he didn't seem to notice or care that Mike was never going to be at that level.

Just added to WWE Network: WCCW '85 to '87

Nearly 80 classic episodes of World Class Championship Wrestling, spanning February 1985 to January 1987 are now available on demand on WWE Network. Watch WWE Hall of Famers such as Rick Rude, The Ultimate Warrior, The Fabulous Freebirds and The Von Erichs battle it out in some Texas-sized battles.

Don't wait! Check out WCCW's "Parade of Champions" super cards and much more now on the award-winning WWE Network's massive video-on-demand library.

Are they referring to Parade of Champions matches that were part of WCCW TV or the actual Supercard shows?

I couldn't find the Parade shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that 205 Live is going to be better as the roster gets slowly replaced by guys who have spent years in NXT learning how to do this shit WWE style. Its why Enzo and Kallisto are on top now. Most of the roster was guys who got buzz during the CWC, and of them only Kendrick had ever been there before, right?

I see guys like Gargano, Lio Rush, Ciampa, etc; down there learning and given time to figure it out and Im confident in the future of the division in some way or another. Shit, Lio just debuted and is already over.

I think one of the issues with 205 Live is they have too many people in the division. It's definitely one of the reasons some of them aren't making any money because they can't get on house shows. Like what do you need a Lince Dorado or a Tony Nese to be on a full time contract for? There are 16 wrestlers on the 205 Live roster which is more than a full time territory like Southeastern would have running shows every night of the week.

I would be pretty bummed if Johnny Wrestling was delegated to 205 Live. I know he's a smaller dude but there's something about that guy that clicks for me when watching him work. He's a great babyface. In WWE, to me, Cruiserweight still feels like a dirty word. When wrestlers dream of going to WWE, they dream of it like how A.J. Styles panned out. Not just making the roster or being delegated to 205 Live on the Network. At least lately they've been getting a lot of time to shine on RAW but even when they give them the main event slot on RAW, it feels really out of place.

I'm fine with someone like Enzo going there but it stinks to watch guys like Austin Aries & Neville leave the company. Even Enzo I feel would be better used as a heel manager.

I would be pretty bummed if Johnny Wrestling was delegated to 205 Live. I know he's a smaller dude but there's something about that guy that clicks for me when watching him work. He's a great babyface. In WWE, to me, Cruiserweight still feels like a dirty word. When wrestlers dream of going to WWE, they dream of it like how A.J. Styles panned out. Not just making the roster or being delegated to 205 Live on the Network. At least lately they've been getting a lot of time to shine on RAW but even when they give them the main event slot on RAW, it feels really out of place.

I'm fine with someone like Enzo going there but it stinks to watch guys like Austin Aries & Neville leave the company. Even Enzo I feel would be better used as a heel manager.

Enzo didn't really make alot of sense being there as he is a established WWE star. Same for Neville.

I get its cruiserweights but 205 seemed better if it was just for stars who havent made the jump to Raw or Smackdown to showcase their talent and get noticed.