Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were still calling him Hollywood Hogan during this time, so that is probably their rationale behind doing it. Back then I wasn't a big fan of that, but I think it's kind of cool that they basically melded together the NWO persona with the red and yellow. It came full circle in 2005, when he came out to "Real American" and ditched the feathered boas and sunglasses.

Marvel even ended up taking a shot at the whole deal by having a one-shot story in Marvel Comics Presents where The Incredible Hulk (in his gray "Mr. Fixit" period) beat up a wrestler calling himself "Hulk" (and yes, it was a Hogan lookalike of course).

Jim Steinman wrote and produced that Hogan track, which he quickly recycled (as in the actual session tapes) for Bonnie Tyler: https://soundcloud.com/david-bixenspan/hulk-hogans-theme-bonnie-tyler-ravishing-a-comparison

Man, I had no idea about this and it rules. I can understand why he recycled it because that's a fantastic 80s, fist pumping anthem

On WCCW 123 on the network they show the majority of the LLT Cage match between Kerry and Michael Hayes from 11/24/83. You can make an argument for this being the greatest booked blowoff match to a feud ever. Watching the bookends of the start with Kerry vs Fair from Christmas 82 to the LLT is just wow. Hopefully the whole match will pop up.

Another solid Bring It To The Table. (Am I the only one here watching that?)

The stuff about Enzo being thrown off the bus and having heat was confirmed. JBL admitted that everyone who was in past situations like that - with the exception of The Miz - "never made it." What a shame if one of their most charismatic personalities and talkers ends up future endeavored in a year. Cass is never going to be a top guy, no matter what, so splitting them up was such a big mistake.

The stuff about Enzo being thrown off the bus and having heat was confirmed. JBL admitted that everyone who was in past situations like that - with the exception of The Miz - "never made it." What a shame if one of their most charismatic personalities and talkers ends up future endeavored in a year. Cass is never going to be a top guy, no matter what, so splitting them up was such a big mistake.

It didnt seem like WWE wanted the tag team to be sucessful. When they came in they were immediately entered into the tag tournament and didnt even win it because all WWE wanted to do was push Gotch/English.

It didnt seem like WWE wanted the tag team to be sucessful. When they came in they were immediately entered into the tag tournament and didnt even win it because all WWE wanted to do was push Gotch/English.

Yea you're definitely not remembering all of the circumstances there.

20160501_POST_Payback_EnzoInjury--cfce04

Yea you're definitely not remembering all of the circumstances there.

If I remember right had Enzo not got hurt they still would have lost the match, plus they lost the rematch too.

Speaking of Hidden Gems, I was watching the Joe Blanchard/Bob Ellis/Duke Keomuka vs Bob Geigel/Gary Hart/Waldo Von Erich match last night. It was surreal hearing Bill Mercer calling a match in 1966 taking place in a Sportatorium that didn't look like a dump.

Speaking of Hidden Gems, I was watching the Joe Blanchard/Bob Ellis/Duke Keomuka vs Bob Geigel/Gary Hart/Waldo Von Erich match last night. It was surreal hearing Bill Mercer calling a match in 1966 taking place in a Sportatorium that didn't look like a dump.

It took place at the Dallas Memorial Auditorium, not the Sportatorium, that's why it looks so nice.

So what was the deal with the Abraham Washington Show? I've been watching the excellent 2009 ECW for the first time since it aired. These segments were so bizarre. They were horribly bad but not in a typical WWE-way. Was this a rib on somebody? Vince trying to make some kind of point about late night talk shows? I have no idea and I've never heard anyone talk about it.

Tony Atlas was tremendous though!