Pro Wrestling Only

The Nomination Thread

Grimmas

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Jones?

I know there's not a lot of stuff floating around from the 70's and early 80's but there's some clip/jip stuff that will give ya some insight.

It pisses me off to no end at all the great stuff that's missing from the 70's which was very influential on me remaining a fan from childhood.

Need some reviews for Paul Jones, Homicide and Debbie Malenko.

I have reviewed at least three Paul Jones matches.

vs. Jack Brisco

vs. Harley Race

In this thread: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/27673-jvks-territorial-explorations/

And on WTBBP (Starrcade 84 / Starrcade 86)

And I think also on Titans Mid-Atlantic shows.

Probably around 10-12 Jones matches reviewed across all of those.

I didn't see him on the nominated list, so I'll nominate Takeshi Morishima. He has multiple threads reviewing his matches here, including vs. Misawa 3/2/08, vs. Misawa 3/5/06, and vs. Taue 12/4/05. He has a solid ROH run as well with the well regarded series against Danielson. I think he probably warrants discussion.

Nominating Austin Idol

I'm watching the Lawler vs Idol/Rich feud and thought "I should go check out the Austin Idol thread in the nominees section and get some recommendations."

Then I saw Austin Idol wasn't nominated yet.

Tremendous cage match against Lawler. Fun tags with Rich vs Lawler/Bigelow. Fun matches vs Savage and Hansen, etc.

People have their reasons for nominating who they want. You don't have to agree, but in general I think the whining about certain nominations is fairly pointless.

I don't take this seriously enough to whine about anything. It's just funny to me that Bob Sapp or Paul Jones would even be discussed in a top 100 GWE poll. I mean, Bob Sapp. Really ? At this rate people will name Yingling the Erotic Terrorist soon. :)