Pro Wrestling Only

Optional Side-poll for Tag Teams?

JerryvonKramer

This is Grimmas's deal, so I'll leave this entirely up to him. But watching as many matches of The Funks recently, I've been thinking that they'd surely have to be "up there" on any GOAT tag poll that was done.

I was wondering if (just for interest's sake), people could have the option of submiting a smaller, maybe Top 20, tagteams poll to Mookie alongside their ballot. Since projects on this scale are done so rarely, I think it's a nice opportunity to create a tag list. Not nomination threads for each team, etc., since guys are covered comprehensively anyway, but it could be a little side consideration.

My thought is that, in this crowd, no one is going to rank Bobby Eaton, Ricky Morton, Terry Funk, or Arn Anderson lower because they are also on their tag list. Also, it might say something, for example, if Funk finishes top 5 overall and top 5 in tags (which has a very realistic chance of happening).

It also might give guys who have very little hope of making the overall list (e.g. The Steiners) a bone. I nominated Tommy Rogers, for example, and while I don't see him having much of a shot at the top 100, The Fantastics might have a shot at the tag top 20.

I can understand not wanting to dillute it too though.

Two quick questions. How would a three man unit where they would rotate the two who defended be treated (ex. Freebirds, Nikita-Ivan-Krusher)? And in the case of trios, would they be eligible, and if so as a three man unit or as two of the three as a tag team (ex. Los Brazos or Brazo de Oro & Plata)?

Such a great question. My initial thought is a trios from Mexico or Freebirds would count, but what about The Shield?

The Shield as a trios might get consideration, while Rollins/Reigns would not. Maybe sticking to two, would be better?

Any thoughts?