Pro Wrestling Only

GWE Podcasts

Grimmas

Click here.

Host: Steven Graham
Guests: Charles (Pro Wrestling Only), Parv & Chad Campbell (Where the Big Boys Play)

On this week’s episode we break down the Greatest Wrestler Ever Project being hosted on prowrestlingonly. We take a look at the previous project of 2006 and look ahead to the voting in 2016.

EDIT: Post and discuss GWE project podcasts here as well.

Great show guys. Only gripe I have is that I think you're far off base Parv on the criteria Matt, and I, are using to judge the greatest of all time. It's not based on on sort of point or ranking of skills system. It's a systemic breakdown, at least on my end, but it's about the whole package that said breakdown forms of the wrestler. I'm not going to be judging someone's selling against someone else's selling, but rather the complete package that is wrestler A versus the complete package that is wrestler B. Maybe Matt has strayed from using the same criteria as I have, but I haven't seen him wrote anywhere on here that he has.

Loved the show, especially Parv equating one way of analyzing managers to a Football Manager-type stat break down. As a long time FM player, I know I've flirted with the idea of ranking guys that way. Not likely as a serious measure but more of a way to consider someone's overall skill set, versatility, specific strengths and weaknesses, etc.

I enjoyed this show a ton. I think it'd be great to do these monthly, quarterly or whenever time permits to have some folks discussing what they've been watching in connection with the project.

I would like to second the semi-regular part scheduling of a GWE podcast.

Thirded.

Well, I guess I'll have to work it into the schedule somehow.

If you are an Observer member then:

DR. KEITH PRESENTS: Greatest Wrestler Of All Time Project!

This week on the DKP, we have a very exciting topic to discuss. THE GREATEST WRESTLER OF ALL TIME! Dean Knickerbocker and DKP debutant Steven Graham join Alan to discuss the newly launched GWOAT project launched at Pro Wrestling Only which will culminate on the day of WrestleMania 32 in 2016. The lads give an overview of how the project will work, how YOU can participate, pet candidates, potential number 1's and priority research - all this week on the good Doctor's presentation! CHECK IT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be fun if Grimmas or somebody else (we don't want to totally overload Grimmas with stuff to do) did a series of podcasts on the #1 candidates. Get a voter for Flair, Lawler, Jumbo, Kawada, Casas, Santo, Fujiwara, Hansen, Mysterio Jr etc etc to come on and make the case for their guy. They don't have to be 2 hour marathons necessarily. Or you could take a page from the Wrestling Culture podcast that had Loss, Will and Dylan arguing Flair, Lawler, or Funk for #1 and get multiple people on making the cases and comparing and contrasting, etc. Could be fun.

If you are an Observer member then:

DR. KEITH PRESENTS: Greatest Wrestler Of All Time Project!

This week on the DKP, we have a very exciting topic to discuss. THE GREATEST WRESTLER OF ALL TIME! Dean Knickerbocker and DKP debutant Steven Graham join Alan to discuss the newly launched GWOAT project launched at Pro Wrestling Only which will culminate on the day of WrestleMania 32 in 2016. The lads give an overview of how the project will work, how YOU can participate, pet candidates, potential number 1's and priority research - all this week on the good Doctor's presentation! CHECK IT!!![/size]

I enjoyed this. It's was pretty diverse because it seems you all like different types of wrestling. I loved Dean's Jumbo and Stan Hansen talk. Especially how both guys could be # 2 and 3. Yet they had their fair share of stinkers with one another. Also liked the Bruno/Larry Z talk. We covered this feud in depth on Titans Of Wrestling and really loved the feud.

• 8 months later...

Really enjoyed the new podcast feat. Steven, Will, & Dylan. One name that popped up in my head while listening was "Hollywood" John Tatum. Couldn't think of any great high-end matches to bolster a resume but he was one of the best crybaby heels of all-time which I always dug.