pol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So they don't invite one contracted member of Ring of Honor

What exactly is ROH getting out of this "partnership" other than guests to pop a buyrate?

You could say the same about ROH's relationship with PCW. Nobody from PCW was invited to the ROH World Television Championship #1 Contender Tournament last year.

They can't have it both ways.

So they don't invite one contracted member of Ring of Honor

What exactly is ROH getting out of this "partnership" other than guests to pop a buyrate?

You could say the same about ROH's relationship with PCW. Nobody from PCW was invited to the ROH World Television Championship #1 Contender Tournament last year.

They can't have it both ways.

ROH not booking any UK talents is just another example of SBGI being cheap. There needs to be a midpoint between the risk adverse culture of SBGI and the insane spending that helped destroy TNA and WCW . I am not asking SBGI to spend insane amounts on ROH , however if you want to win the lottery you have to buy a ticket.

• 6 months later...

So, Fatnastic Mania or whatever it is called has started. I'm very excited to see this actually and am even subscribing to NJPW World for the month.

Will start watching soon.

I saw you mention that on Twitter and after looking it up I agree it looks like they will be having some fun shows for this. I might have to sign up as well. Hopefully the site is user friendly.

I'm harder on NJPW than a lot of the internet but I've really enjoyed their 2017 so far. The last Korakuen show was a lot of fun with a great main event performance from Suzuki. I thoroughly enjoyed the FantasticMania shows. New Year's Dash was good and 1/4 was a very good show even if the main event was more like 3.5 stars to me. Looking forward to the two big February shows.

I really tried with the Okada match on the last show. I'm a big Suzuki fan. I'm trying to be more open-minded. But 40 minutes of Okada is just not for me. I can't do it. Of course Meltzer said it was unlike any great match ever and had the best selling of the last decade.

I'm weird. The opener may have been my favorite match on the show. Strong heat throughout, easy story to get into with the young lion in there with the Suzuki guys trying to prove himself, some nice sequences to start, some heat, hot tag, hot finishing stretch, some highspots, good story, go home at the right time, everyone's happy. I don't know where I diverged from so much of the internet on wrestling tastes.

Finally watched Okada/Suzuki. I thought that was a pretty fucking great match. Didn't feel like 40 minutes at all. Great selling from Okada for the whole match. I loved when Suzuki had him in the leglock and he was just kicking Suzuki in the face trying to escape. Okada is really good to a great start in 2017.

I subbed to NJPW for the first time this Wrestle Kingdom. Had followed the promotion via AXS, ROH crossovers and individual big matches prior. So far this year I've watched everything they've put out and it has been an outstanding start to 2017.

Omega/Okada ****3/4

Dragon Lee/Takahashi ****3/4

Elgin/Naito ****3/4

Tanahashi/Naito ****1/2

Goto/Shibata ****1/2

Okada/Suzuki ****1/4

KUSHIDA/Takahashi ****

Ospreay/Shibata ***3/4

Juice/Goto ***1/2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...