Pro Wrestling Only

CM Punk on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late in replying, but not much to add that's too different in general from what others were saying. Some things I agreed with Punk, other things (likely less than the former) I disagreed. I forget who said it earlier, but someone summed it up perfectly about Punk about how these types of interviews with him come off so smooth and natural that it's an easy listen.

My take on the stuff with Jericho: If memory serves, Chris equated Punk not talking with him to be Punk not talking with any of his a friends. That's kind of a shit thing to do, but also if there really was a friendship of sorts (which given their histories I'm not sure there really was) Chris kind of treated it like a reality show of sorts "he won't talk to me, blah blah blah". Also, if he did get the interview, there's no doubt he would've done at least a week's worth of plugging (look at the HHH podcast for proof, this one would've no doubt been more hyped).

Punk had things to say, but clearly wanted his way of doing things: no hype, done and produced when things have died down and when people didn't expect it, and basically on his own terms. Colt has a podcast that he obviously wants to succeed with, but he met Punk's conditions (which, as a friend, he obviously had no problem with). Without digging too personal into things, you can see the differences in Punk's relationships with Colt and Chris. It's similar with Cliff Compton. I don't think Cliff made any mention about Punk being at that OVW show where Cliff won the gold again. Punk clearly wants certain things as low key as possible, and he has a good understanding of who will or won't do that.

I actually would have liked the other more. I feel like Punk with the three Shield guys (even with Hero in there) would have felt too much like New Nexus or something. Punk was right on one level in that we've seen Show turn before and what not, but how many heel stables have we seen in the last ten years with 3-4 major guys being the entire stable? It feels different than La Familia (Edge, Chavo, Edgeheads, Bam, Vickie) or The Cabinet (JBL, Bashams, Jordan). Those feel a lot more like Punk + Shield to me. Punk/Show/Bryan/Rollins feels more Horseman-y to me. Or at least Evolution. Leader/Heater/Technician/Upstart.

Telling you right now if anyone was expecting what happened last week, you're gonna be disappointed.

No kidding. It wasn't bad, but nothing like last week. Still had the funny, "I don't wanna be that bitter guy, *goes into bitter wrestler mode,*" but he had some actual non-medical related valid points. The house show $5000 pay stands out. Was much more like a standard Cabana podcast.

Punk taking all these cheap shots at Jericho is annoying below the belt kinda stuff. I listen to Jericho's podcast and what he initially said on it was he tried to get in touch with Punk to see how he was doing after he walked out, then texted him about some random rock thing or whatever. Punk clearly does not like Jericho. The "some guy who's not my friend who wants me on his podcast" and the "some guy who sucks who has lifts in his boots" (which I assume was a Jericho diss) really seems weak sauce to me. Obviously have no idea what their personal relationship was like, but Punk comes off like a dick

So weird that Punk hates Jericho so much after Jericho did 3 clean PPV jobs to him. .

Punk's a straight edge guy who likes hardcore and punk. Jericho's a guy who's doing an 80's rockstar gimmick in RL in 2014 whose all but admitted he was getting wasted for large portions of his WWE tenure. I don't find it that shocking those two type of people don't get together all that well.

Heard an interesting reason today as to why Punk wanting sponsors for himself and the boys is a potentially bad idea..

It could possibly mess with booking. Let's say one guy is sponsored by Pizza Hut and his opponent by Dominoes.. Could Pizza Hut cut in on say.. a Mania match and say "If our guy doesn't win at Mania, we're dropping him."..