Pro Wrestling Only

The booking of Daniel Bryan going forward

shoe

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd add that John Cena is challenging for the US Championship on Sunday.

I'm hoping for Rusev to steal a win leading Cena to go all "Lex Express" in the run up to a Wrestlemania rematch.

Only if it ends with Cena winning by countout and the Usos parading him around the ring on their shoulders after the match.

see i actually like top guys having those belts, if they treat those belts as meaningful. i think that's one of the best ways to elevate a title and get it over as a big deal. the main example that gets brought up here is flair challenging for the US title after dropping the world title to sting, where his promos really explained the importance of the US title.

WWF/E isn't exactly known for pulling off something that nuanced, though. look at the entire history of their tag division - they have hardly ever understood how to make anything besides the world title not seem like second fiddle.

WWF/E isn't exactly known for pulling off something that nuanced, though. look at the entire history of their tag division - they have hardly ever understood how to make anything besides the world title not seem like second fiddle.

I disagree with this. The IC title has been made to feel very important by the performers and the promotion in the past (granted a very long time ago). Watching KOTR 93 on the Network the other day, they put over the importance of that tournament and made it a huge deal - Savage on commentary even harped on about how it was "equal footing to the world title". So they can do it when it suits, sadly in the current climate it's scarce.

yeah but was the IC title ever actually pushed at that level beyond some token lip service? maybe during the time of pedro & patera, but even that awesome tito-valentine feud didn't feel like A-show main event material. i guess warrior's reign would be a point in your favor though.

mind you, i'm comparing this to some of the older territories where tag matches were main events and every top singles wrestler had a regular tag partner. maybe that's not quite fair? dunno

Why would the secondary title be able to be the A-show main event? That's kind of the point of it being the secondary title so you have a main event for your B crew.

yea i was getting a bit mixed up there. thinking of how the tag titles would be roughly equal to the top singles title in some places back in the day.

i thought the argument was over more than one singles title being placed at that level, though. like what new japan's done within the past year or whatever

http://www.wwe.com/videos/no-excuses-for-daniel-bryan-at-wwe-fastlane-wwecom-exclusive-february-22-2015-27138547

Yeah, WWE.com interviews barely mean anything because most of the time it's the wrestlers just winging it. I'm not confident they will do anything with Bryan's character but it does seems he's ready to move on and develop a new phase for it, which makes sense given all that has happened.

Lol sending out Bryan and Heyman out there to make sure Reigns doesn't get booed. This company is rather sickening sometimes

Isn't it their job to try and make it work?

Couldn't they also try to make Bryan's reactions work for Bryan?

Honestly, his reactions are getting more tepid by the week. So mission accomplished, I guess...

Called a Bryan/Orton double turn on Twitter earlier but Bryan going with Heyman not Authority....we will see.

God this would've been way more entertaining that what actually happened.

Personally, I'm just glad you still have such hope in your heart after all these years.

Called a Bryan/Orton double turn on Twitter earlier but Bryan going with Heyman not Authority....we will see.

God this would've been way more entertaining that what actually happened.

The whole Orton deal tonight was terrible. Just start building to the match! I don't think it's hyperbole to say WWE creative has never been worse