Pro Wrestling Only

The booking of Daniel Bryan going forward

shoe

I don't think it's hyperbole to say WWE creative has never been worse

Signed. This is downright embarrassing at this point. I have no idea what they're doing. The 1-year anniversary announcement of the WWE Network was how RAW went off the air...hyping shit that you can watch at any time, whenever you want, at your leisure, on the Network... Do they even know how their own Network works?

They also, on their App that they push the shit out of, confirmed Brock Lesnar to be on the show. Only for him to not be on the show.

WWE are making dying days of WCW level mistakes at this point, in my mind. Better reform D-X again!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol sending out Bryan and Heyman out there to make sure Reigns doesn't get booed. This company is rather sickening sometimes

Heyman's promo was pure gold though. That was money, as they said in the gold old days.

But yeah, the booking of Daniel Bryan is just pathetic at this point. But I guess mission accomplished, since he's not nearly as over as he used to be (yet still more over than about anyone else in the company at this point).

I don't think it's hyperbole to say WWE creative has never been worse

Signed. This is downright embarrassing at this point. I have no idea what they're doing. The 1-year anniversary announcement of the WWE Network was how RAW went off the air...hyping shit that you can watch at any time, whenever you want, at your leisure, on the Network... Do they even know how their own Network works?

They also, on their App that they push the shit out of, confirmed Brock Lesnar to be on the show. Only for him to not be on the show.

WWE are making dying days of WCW level mistakes at this point, in my mind. Better reform D-X again!

The Lesnar thing was puzzling as I received that on my phone as well.

What interests me about your post is the WCW mistakes thing. WWE is the only game in town, but I am sure if "Insert Name of Other Promotion" was kicking ass left-and-right, some of the bigger mistakes would have been more glaring. What are the top 10 WCW 2000 moves current WWE is doing? Taker losing at Mania doesn't count in my book and little shit like Paige not being able to wrestle for 30 minutes doesn't count either. I am talking about 10 things that would make WCW 2000 look like early 90's AJPW. Post 2010. Off-the-top-of-my-head...I cannot think of anything.

I can think of a ton of stupid things and things that I didn't/don't agree with, but nothing that immediately smacks me in the face as making WCW 2000 look like The Second Coming.

A ladder match would make the most sense with the stolen belt gimmick, which is what Rob McCarron suggested on his Monday Night Raw report for f4wonline.com.

Really there are no good options for Bryan, as he's the odd man out this year. Better being inserted into a multi-man match that might be given time than being shoe-horned into an extra match that they don't have time for.

Which would actually be tremendous if it leads to those titles mattering. Whoever then beats those guys would be immensely elevated. The titles are likewise elevated by being held by true stars. Bryan is so over that done right he could be the Nakamura who validates the IC titleholder as a close #2 or #1A champ. It's a little odd to have all three your top three babyfaces holding the top three titles, but it could be a lot of fun and open up a lot of fresh matches.

While I'm sure some hardcore Bryan fans would resent it, the visual of Cena, Bryan and Reigns meeting in the ring to hoist three newly won titles is a pretty redemptive finale to a shaky WM.

Which would actually be tremendous if it leads to those titles mattering. Whoever then beats those guys would be immensely elevated. The titles are likewise elevated by being held by true stars. Bryan is so over that done right he could be the Nakamura who validates the IC titleholder as a close #2 or #1A champ. It's a little odd to have all three your top three babyfaces holding the top three titles, but it could be a lot of fun and open up a lot of fresh matches.

While I'm sure some hardcore Bryan fans would resent it, the visual of Cena, Bryan and Reigns meeting in the ring to hoist three newly won titles is a pretty redemptive finale to a shaky WM.

If this is the direction I wholeheartedly support it and it's something I've advocated the company do with the IC and US belts for YEARS. If it's a multi-person ladder match for the IC title @ Mania with over guys like Ziggler, Ambrose & Barrett and a returning Sheamus that's the best possible spot he's going to get at this point. If he wins it's a cool moment and instantly elevates the title to more important status than it's had in forever. He can cut a promo about how the IC title used to be the title that the best wrestlers wanted, and he's the best wrestler in the WWE.

I'd be fine with an IC title run for Bryan as long as he isn't trading non-title wins with Barrett, Ambrose, etc. every week. Actually, just stick him in a title unification program with Cena for the US title that'll keep them both away from Reigns while he runs through Authority guys until the summer.

What would the WWE powers-that-be have done if Bryan walked in a few hours before Fast Lane started, dug his heels in, and said he'll walk out before he'll job to Reigns?

Bryan sounds like the complete opposite of a person who would do something like that, but the way some of the powers-that-be at WWE, including Vince himself, talk about how they wish guys would "step up," I wonder if it might not have been the smart move long term.

• Not wanting to have a torpedoed main event during the free WWE Network month, the powers-that-be cave and put Bryan over Reigns.
  • Reigns is pissed, but Bryan pitches it like this: If Bryan beats Brock at Mania, Reigns is set up for a nice run with Bryan after Mania using the "you swooped in and stole my title shot" angle. If Brock destroys Bryan, Reigns is still in good position to finally get his title shot at Brock at the next PPV.
  • After initially being furious, Vince settles down in the following weeks and gains respect for Bryan finally "stepping up."
  • As a gesture of goodwill, Bryan goes to a steak dinner w/ Vince and agrees to vote for the republican presidential candidate in 2016.

What would the WWE powers-that-be have done if Bryan walked in a few hours before Fast Lane started, dug his heels in, and said he'll walk out before he'll job to Reigns?

Bryan sounds like the complete opposite of a person who would do something like that, but the way some of the powers-that-be at WWE, including Vince himself, talk about how they wish guys would "step up," I wonder if it might not have been the smart move long term.

• Not wanting to have a torpedoed main event during the free WWE Network month, the powers-that-be cave and put Bryan over Reigns.
  • Reigns is pissed, but Bryan pitches it like this: If Bryan beats Brock at Mania, Reigns is set up for a nice run with Bryan after Mania using the "you swooped in and stole my title shot" angle. If Brock destroys Bryan, Reigns is still in good position to finally get his title shot at Brock at the next PPV.
  • After initially being furious, Vince settles down in the following weeks and gains respect for Bryan finally "stepping up."
  • As a gesture of goodwill, Bryan goes to a steak dinner w/ Vince and agrees to vote for the republican presidential candidate in 2016.

honestly i've had thoughts like this too. Bryan's humility is endearing, but I also find myself wishing he'd realize his value and stand up for himself in this situation. I mean they are actively limiting his ability to make money in the future and he's a fool if he thinks taking one for the team right now is going to somehow pay off later. WWE behind the scenes has always seemed like such a prison culture to me. People only respect strength in that environment. I mean look at Brock...he's the most demanding star they have and they bend over backwards to accommodate him. Granted he has more leverage than anyone, but Bryan has his own leverage and is kind of dumb for not using it.

Bryan seems like the kind of person who probably doesn't sweat the potential loss of a few 100k a year when he's already making a ton of money anyway.

plus i question whether he relishes being the top guy after his taste of it last year

your character gets ruined bit by bit since WWF/E rarely ever books their ace as anything besides Smiling Happy-Go-Lucky Babyface, and the live crowds gradually turn on you because of that. that was absolutely happening to bryan with the kane feud, and i wonder if part of him isn't happier having more freedom in the "upper-midcarder who can credibly main event at any time" slot.

if the IC title match is just first to pinfall or elimination Bryan has to win right? I mean if it's ladder I guess it doesn't matter because it's not a "real" job.

someone at DVDVR pointed something out rather astutely about Bryan. Two of the three people he beat last year at mania are in higher profile matches this year while he's moved WAY down the card. Yeah Vinces owes him one