Pro Wrestling Only

POLL: Enthusiasm for Mania

goodhelmet

Wrestlemania Enthusiasm  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How enthused for Wrestlemania are you this year?

• Very enthused - card's looking great
    • Somewhat enthused - some hits, some misses... still going to watch
    • Low enthusiasm - This card looks like shit, still going to watch
    • WrestleMania - I don't watch WWE but I always watch Mania
    • Not going to watch... the booking has been that bad
    • Don't watch WWE... won't watch Mania

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll watch a terrible Mania without batting an eye. I am, however, a little concerned that I'm plying a bunch of lapsed fans to my place with the promise of food and beer and that they'll probably hate everything except for maybe Sting.

I'm more interested in upcoming matches involving goddamn Alex Riley than I am the entire WrestleMania card. I saw on another site someone point out that the majority of the build for the event is between people that don't even directly interact on a regular basis. Like Bray is building his feud against nothing, Reigns is building his against Heyman and HHH is facing a mute. Its hard to be invested when the feuds have no heat even a little.

I watch Raw on Hulu in fast forward mode, barely watch Smackdown and watch NXT every week because stuff seems to actually happen.

I can't let drug use affect the integrity of the poll.

You may need to expunge my vote then, a large part of my "don't care, but will watch" vote comes with the knowledge that I will not be watching without some sort of enhancement.

Just like El-P I'm mostly interested in Cena vs Rusev and the fuckery that might happen during the Reign's match. The ladder march should be a very fun spotfest and Rollins vs Orton might be a sleeper if things go their way. But honestly, I'm only watching live because it's Wrestlemania, any other show that looked like this one would have me reading the results and then checking what looks good/gets praised via torrent or dailymotion.

This should be a yearly poll by the way. It seems that every year there's a group of people (not necessarily in PWO) that thinks Mania doesn't feel as big as it should or something along those lines. It would be interesting to see how people on this board are expecting wrestling's biggest show every year.

Looks like I'm with the popular vote here. None of the matches really interest me, but I'll watch anyways. The most intriguing things for me to see are the crowd reactions to the Reigns/Lesnar match and what kind of physical condition Undertaker will be in. Besides NXT, I don't think I've watched a WWE show since the RAW after Fastlane.

I'm somewhat enthused. I'm looking forward to the ladder match, Brock/Reigns and tag title match. However, the build has been putrid. I'm not Johnny Sorrow type enthused but the show should be entertaining for the crowd alone. I'm also not a huge Bryan fan so that might help some.

I'm also in the "somewhat" camp. Basically same reasoning, and am also not a huge Bryan guy (I like him fine, so don't strip me of my ability to post about wrestling on the internet) so it's not a massive deal to me. I have optimism that they can lay out something I'll enjoy in the main event. I think Cena/Rusev will be a blast. The ladder match will likely be a fun spotfest. The Andre battle royal was a fun time last year, though I doubt this one will be as good.

I don't care about Sting, HHH, Bray, or Taker. Pretty indifferent to Rollins/Orton. I'm sure the fact that I only watch the PPV's helps me not be depressed about it. I just can't hatewatch anymore because it makes me miserable.

I think Rusev/Cena has potential to be Cena's best WrestleMania match ever. And I think it's been pretty well booked so far, at least for a Cena feud but that's really all I care about. I would like to see Roman Reigns and Brock have a good match but I don't know if the crowd will even give them a chance.

Things I'm looking forward to:

- Rusev's entrance.

- Rollins finding a new way to fly into an RKO

outta nowhere.

- Taker's presumable Johnny Cash entrance

music, and the ill-fitting Katy Perry song that will

replace it in the NBC special.

- The "get the guillotine" response for the main.