Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 31...

goodhelmet

By the way, we kinda already know 3 matches for next year.

- Taker (retirement?)

- HHH vs Rock or a mixed tag

- Brock vs ???

And they'll try to get Austin for one more match (if not, he's gonna be a guest referee). If it's another 7 match card then once again there wont be much space for full-timers.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stupid ending. They spent the year wanting to make Roman Reigns the next big star and got cold feet at the last second but the match with Lesnar was actually so well done that if he had just won the match it would have made him.

Also absolutely hated the finish to Cena/Rusev. Loved the match and the entrances for both but that finish sucked and I thought in trying to "protect" Rusev with the Lana finish they really buried him by having him get beat by one lousy AA when that move has been about as effective as a bodyslam in most of Cena's big matches lately.

Oh and HHH/Sting was one of the most awful matches I have ever seen. Jeff Jarrett watched that and thought they overbooked it.

It's weird for a show I actually enjoyed, this post sounds negative. I enjoyed the IC Ladder match, Rollins/Orton was ok with a pretty awesome finish, Sting/HHH was terrible, didn't watch the Taker match or the Divas match but I loved both Cena/Rusev and Lesnar/Reigns. I just hated the finishes and think they took major steps back with the booking tonight.

I'm really shocked at the idea that someone can't be put away with one finisher now. It's like people are saying that they've gone to false finishes so much before than it almost necessitates false finishes now.

So people are upset that Cena-Rusev didn't have more of them?

Or is it more that the AA has been so killed as a finisher that it's time for Cena to get a new one?

It might be, in part, that on a show with so many finisher kickouts, to have Rusev be the one to not kick out means that he relatively looks quite weak, especially factoring in how many AA kickouts there have been in the last few years?

Well, to me personally, even though I hated Rusev losing, it was done in the least destructive manner. The finish gave the impression that Rusev colliding with Lana completely nullified his focus. He fell to the AA, in the same manner that somebody might fall to a flash pin via rollup. Rusev didn't sell shit following the result, it's not like Cena had bested him physically, because he hadn't. Rather, he stormed away enraged, that the collision with Lana had cost him the match.

It could have been a lot worse, Rusev could have tapped out to a weakly applied STF like a madman.

The bigger problem was Cena breaking the Accolade, which they could have counterbalanced a bit more if they had built a story around Rusev's shoulder being hurt from Cena's first offensive flurry (which it looked like they started to but they decided to take things a different way).

I'm in the only one AA being weak camp but Fantastic brings up some solid points. He certainly no sold it after the pin and it was on par with a flash pin in that sense. I would have liked to see Rusev kick out AFTER that AA, but Cena get him again moments later. But then you factor in that Orton/Rollins already did the kicking out of finisher thing.

Or is it more that the AA has been so killed as a finisher that it's time for Cena to get a new one?

It's this. I said this exact thing after that Royal Rumble triple threat which is the match where he killed the move doing it 3 times in a row like it's a fucking rolling german for a nearfall that wasn't even hot.

Oh also, it's funny that this show has what is probably the best wrestling entrance ever with Rusev's and the worst with Triple H's WAY overdone Terminator bullshit. Last year his entrance was awesome, this year it was horribly, horribly lame. I think the HHH/Sting match might be the most entertaining bad match ever in the car crash variety.

At least I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking "this might be the best WrestleMania main event ever" while watching Lesnar/Reigns. It's not because it didn't even have a finish but it was an incredible match and Lesnar's best since his return. Just an amazing spectacle right from the moment Brock walked out.

At least I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking "this might be the best WrestleMania main event ever" while watching Lesnar/Reigns. It's not because it didn't even have a finish but it was an incredible match and Lesnar's best since his return. Just an amazing spectacle right from the moment Brock walked out.

Agreed, Lesnar is in the top five best workers in the world today.

Really though, Rusev's entrance.

That must have cost nearly 7 figures. I bet Kevin Dunn was loving every minute of it.

I'm glad you mentioned this. They were spending money like it was going out of style last night. The production budget was just massive. If anything, the show was an extended announcement that they are no longer cost cutting.

Really though, Rusev's entrance.

That must have cost nearly 7 figures. I bet Kevin Dunn was loving every minute of it.

I'm glad you mentioned this. They were spending money like it was going out of style last night. The production budget was just massive. If anything, the show was an extended announcement that they are no longer cost cutting.

Yeah. I'm curious as to how much the Trips entrance set them back. Not only were the blowing a wad on SFX and costumes, but there would be Arnie's fees, the cost of licensing for the usage of Terminator from Paramount, Skydance and James Cameron/THX.

When did the big budget cuts start, September/August? I wonder how far back they had to start earmarking money and making plans for some of the things THAT big.

It'd be great if they had the Rusev tank idea in mind, saw how much a tank would cost and decided to offset it by firing Drew McIntyre

Yeah. I'm curious as to how much the Trips entrance set them back. Not only were the blowing a wad on SFX and costumes, but there would be Arnie's fees, the cost of licensing for the usage of Terminator from Paramount, Skydance and James Cameron/THX.

And it wasn't even good.

I'm really surprised how many people thought Taker looked OK last night. His movement and timing were pretty poor, and he no longer brought the aura (or whatever you want to call it) to make a pointless match feel anything more than pointless. Are people just excited that he didn't have to walk to the ring with a cane?

The spider walk/sit-up spot was the only thing remotely appealing in that match.

I'm really surprised how many people thought Taker looked OK last night. His movement and timing were pretty poor, and he no longer brought the aura (or whatever you want to call it) to make a pointless match feel anything more than pointless. Are people just excited that he didn't have to walk to the ring with a cane?

The spider walk/sit-up spot was the only thing remotely appealing in that match.

He was in a lot better of a condition than last year for sure. I think he's got one more in him, but I don't think he can have a good match against anyone less than somebody like Bryan or Cena who'd be doing most of the work.