Pro Wrestling Only

Your confessions as a wrestling fan

goc

I do this pretty much every night. Since I was young I've always fell asleep better if there was a TV or radio on in the background. I used to go to bed as a kid listening to the LA Kings home games off the TV (we had the big dish and those games always started late).

I adjusted this to wrestling when I set up my current vhs-dvd burning configuration in my bedroom. I don't have regular TV in there so at bedtime I always throw a dvd in and set the sleep timer for 30-45 minutes.

One thing I will do is never put anything in I can get really interested in, or I won't go to sleep, I'll stay up and watch it which defeats the purpose at midnight on a Tuesday. The old WWF house shows from the 80's work pretty well there as I've seen all the matches on all of them dozens of times over. Oddly enough, I'll push past the prelim bouts more often than not because I won't always remember the result of the opening Iron Mike Sharpe vs. Tony Garea match and if I don't, I'll end up watching it fully to remind myself, hence defeating the purpose once again.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Sharpe vs Garea does not put you to sleep???

Now here's part II of my confession: as I have used wrestling to sleep since I started watching again two years ago, it's hard for me to keep my attention span when I am trying to watch something during the day. I end up making a phone call or reaching for my tablet. This is not a problem that I have watching anything else, including MMA, so it also takes me forever to get through things.

I have only seen about 3 shows, and two of them were from the very beginning when they were still Juggalo Championshit Wrestling but every time I watch JCW I am extremely entertained. Of modern indies if you made me choose between watching a show from ROH, PWG, Chikara or JCW I'm picking JCW regardless of who is on the card.

I have only seen about 3 shows, and two of them were from the very beginning when they were still Juggalo Championshit Wrestling but every time I watch JCW I am extremely entertained. Of modern indies if you made me choose between watching a show from ROH, PWG, Chikara or JCW I'm picking JCW regardless of who is on the card.

By all accounts ICP are good people and wrestling promoters, it just happens that they make awful music and have a terrible fanbase.

I can't get into current wrestlers doing an 80s style. Like I'm baffled by all the love of "Southern style" cheap heat/stalling/whatever in a modern day context. To me all that stuff is "been there done that". I've seen it all before and if I want to watch it I've got vast amounts of it here with guys I've got an emotional attachment to watching. I don't feel the need to waste a whole day to go to a show where guys are working a style that's not pushing the envelope or requiring much athletic skill.