Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV for 9/7 to 9/13

Grimmas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Summertime Sadness” recap video was been the highlight of hour one.

Paige/Sasha was decent until the horrid finish. Can’t tell if Naomi botched something or was actually scripted to distract the ref by climbing into the ring, throwing her hands in the air, and scrambling to leave seconds later. Charlotte's condescending reactions are fast making her one of the least likable faces they've got.

The two guys who hold all three singles titles are in what I assume is their first ever match - booked with zero stakes - to kick off the second hour.

Now I'm actually hoping for the Paige heel turn next week, as a Charlotte title run at this moment sounds brutal.

Hoping Los Matadores get a new mini to give Torito another pre-show feud for PPVs. Pequeno Damien 666 as a bullfighter is crazy enough to work.

Summer Rae was the highlight of the show. "Ru-Ru", now and forever.

I'm at 9:38 p.m. on the west coast feed. The Seth Rollins promo was the typical badly-scripted, badly-acted stuff that seems to open every show. Not every main event guy has to stand in the ring for twenty minutes and recite a speech to the hard camera.

Was the crowd chanting "boring" at the long promos or was I hearing things?

Has everyone beaten Seth Rollins semi-cleanly now?

Holy shit, Vince just sold me on that new Network program. I never noticed how much I missed Vince's voiceovers and commentary.

Okay who let Johnny Sorrow hop the guardrails and walk down the ring with Seth Rollins in the main event ;)

I won't be able to watch until HULU tomorrow, but I assume a rotund and amazingly handsome bald man hopped the guard rails and proceeded to be incredibly funny and charming?

some guy in a mask started walking down the ramp with Rollins for his entrance for a split second

Also, shout outs to the guy who gave The Big Show an utterly pointless thump on the arm

2009 was worse than this. Orton-HHH/McMahons and DX/Legacy feuds dominating the whole year, haphazard tag teams, a roster of bad young workers and over the hill Attitude stars, newly heel Punk getting jobbed out to Undertaker, the Bragging Rights PPV, and the year ending with DX beating Jericho/Show for the tag belts in a PPV main event. Plus it was the spiritual beginning of RAW as we know it in its most formulaic, by-the-numbers, senselessly booked state.

Okay who let Johnny Sorrow hop the guardrails and walk down the ring with Seth Rollins in the main event ;)

I won't be able to watch until HULU tomorrow, but I assume a rotund and amazingly handsome bald man hopped the guard rails and proceeded to be incredibly funny and charming?

some guy in a mask started walking down the ramp with Rollins for his entrance for a split second

Also, shout outs to the guy who gave The Big Show an utterly pointless thump on the arm

I like in an era where most wrestlers can mean mug fans and get laughed at, that dude legit thought for a second Show was going to kill him.

I like in an era where most wrestlers can mean mug fans and get laughed at, that dude legit thought for a second Show was going to kill him.

I got that look from Hugh Morrus at a WCW Thunder once, from slapping him on the arm. Wasn't scared. Same situation with Scott Norton? I wouldn't even make eye contact... lol

I've "met" Big Show before at an autograph signing. Him &, of all people, Spike Dudley. Big Show didn't seem that larger than life to me. I'm a really big guy anyway. Show didn't seem that much bigger than me. When I saw the Undertaker at a house show though? That dude seemed larger than life. I had front row tickets and when he was walking around the ring high-fiving the fans (this was during the biker phase) he was such a huge man it was surreal. He made me feel normal sized, which I'm not. He's just got an aura about him.

Interesting point brought up on the Stone Cold Podcast, part 2 Summerslam talk with Wade. They ponder if pro-wrestling is moving more towards an athletic exhibition style. I think it ties into this because when you have a bunch of normal looking dudes, like the Daniel Bryans of the world, putting on great matches, you do get great matches but you lose a lot of the superstar aura that a guy like Undertaker brings to the table.

Not sure where to put this as no one's talking about it in the Network thread: did anyone watch the Edge and Christian live taping of Austin's podcast? I'm not a huge fan of either guy - Christian in ring much more than Edge of course - but they both came off tremendous on this show. They were joking about lobbying for their own show on the Network, but they might as well after this. Edge seems happily retired, but Christian could start as an announcer on any of their TV shows now and seemingly be better than everyone they have.

In short, this was the millionth example of guys coming off as way cooler and more interesting than their pro wrestling writing teams would have you believe.

Not sure where to put this as no one's talking about it in the Network thread: did anyone watch the Edge and Christian live taping of Austin's podcast? I'm not a huge fan of either guy - Christian in ring much more than Edge of course - but they both came off tremendous on this show. They were joking about lobbying for their own show on the Network, but they might as well after this. Edge seems happily retired, but Christian could start as an announcer on any of their TV shows now and seemingly be better than everyone they have.

In short, this was the millionth example of guys coming off as way cooler and more interesting than their pro wrestling writing teams would have you believe.

I thought it was a decent enough show - started out slow, got better as it went on, but still probably the weakest of Austin's Network podcasts so far. I actually think Jericho might have been a better fit to do this one. The one thing I wish Austin has asked about was Christian's seemingly forced retirement.

It was weird that Christian's career ended on "You're the ugliest guy in this company! You have a weird face!" from seemingly out of nowhere, then devastating head injury after career of insane matches, then some PPV pre-show stuff, then silent undiscussed non-retirement. I guess I'm mainly curious as to why he seemed so buried at the end, as he made it seem like he has a good rapport with Vince. Only thing that made immediate sense was that their new approach to anything concussion-related is "Government Denies Knowledge".

It was weird that Christian's career ended on "You're the ugliest guy in this company! You have a weird face!" from seemingly out of nowhere, then devastating head injury after career of insane matches, then some PPV pre-show stuff, then silent undiscussed non-retirement. I guess I'm mainly curious as to why he seemed so buried at the end, as he made it seem like he has a good rapport with Vince. Only thing that made immediate sense was that their new approach to anything concussion-related is "Government Denies Knowledge".

Out of nowhere? Nah. Vince has always made it clear he thought he was ugly...dating back to something like 2000. Any time Christian has gotten a push, it has usually been with resistance from Vince.

There's a poll on WWE.com today asking who is the greatest WWE world champion in history. Hulk Hogan & The Rock are not choices. Randy Savage & Kurt Angle are though. Really weird, although with recent news, the Hogan part makes sense. Leaving off The Rock though?

And of course, you know Triple H is on that bitch. :P