Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV for 9/7 to 9/13

Grimmas

There's a poll on WWE.com today asking who is the greatest WWE world champion in history. Hulk Hogan & The Rock are not choices. Randy Savage & Kurt Angle are though. Really weird, although with recent news, the Hogan part makes sense. Leaving off The Rock though?

And of course, you know Triple H is on that bitch. :P

Probably taking the temperature on Kurt.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a poll on WWE.com today asking who is the greatest WWE world champion in history. Hulk Hogan & The Rock are not choices. Randy Savage & Kurt Angle are though. Really weird, although with recent news, the Hogan part makes sense. Leaving off The Rock though?

I think what would be best for Kurt would be to come back to NXT as a trainer/part-time performer. He'd get his competitive jollies taken care of, but he can help train newer guys and gals. Not just on wrestling, but I'd hope they'd position him as a cautionary tale of health drinking, injuries, etc.

I think what would be best for Kurt would be to come back to NXT as a trainer/part-time performer. He'd get his competitive jollies taken care of, but he can help train newer guys and gals. Not just on wrestling, but I'd hope they'd position him as a cautionary tale of health drinking, injuries, etc.

That isn't the only jollies Kurt Angle would have to get satisfied. Kurt wants his place among the top stars of professional wrestling. That isn't getting it done in NXT. Not that it is a bad idea. It is a great idea but would Kurt take it? Doubtful.

I'd love to see Kurt back for a "one-off," but with Daniel Bryan out indefinitely and CM Punk gone, I'm not sure I see many "dream matches" for the guy. Despite their history, Lesnar/Angle would have to be considered a longshot in 2015 and I don't think Triple H or Taker, despite also having a history of good-to-very good matches with Angle, would be put up against him either.

Angle/Rusev would've been gold, but Rusev is not as hot a heel as he once was and they've even downplayed some of his anti-US stuff a touch in his current storyline.

I could see Angle/Rollins working if it happened in 2015 but I don't think it will happen. In this fantasy booking scenario, Rollins would retain against Sting, retain against Kane at Hell in a Cell, gloat about being the most decorated athlete in WWE history before Angle would show up and challenge him - all of this building to an inevitable Rollins/HHH match where Rollins represents the future who has defeated all the 90s stars (Angle, Sting, Kane) and HHH reps the Old Guard.

But, yeah, no Punk and no Bryan (the two guys Angle referenced most over the years as who he would want to work with) makes me think that, while an Angle Farewell Tour is a cool idea, it is not one that is as easy to book as one might think.

If John Cena wins the U.S. Title back & returns to having his U.S. Title open challenges, Kurt Angle would be a great surprise opponent.

Bayley/Sasha Iron (Wo)Man should, in theory, be a good match. I'm curious what exactly the point is though? Sasha is on the main roster now. Bayley just won the title. Does anything think that Sasha has a chance of winning it back? Even in kayfabe. It wouldn't make any sense. Is the whole purpose just so they can talk about Sasha "evoking her rematch clause" - because I don't think that shit really needs to exist on the damn developmental show. "Hey, I'm on RAW now & tapping out the current Divas champion but I need my rematch for the developmental title." And why the 30 minute gimmick? How does that play into the story at all? It's like they just picked a gimmick match out of a hat.

So I assume Joe/Balor are gonna have an NXT title match sometime down the line when Joe turns on Balor in this tag tournament, yeah?

NXT has treated the rematch clause seriously with regularity before, why would this be an exception? The had a Great Match and now get the chance to have another one going on last on the next special while they figure out who Bayley's next challenger will be. They're two of the best characters and wrestlers in WWE with probably the best organic rivalry going at the moment. WHY AREN'T YOU EXCITED?

That isn't the only jollies Kurt Angle would have to get satisfied. Kurt wants his place among the top stars of professional wrestling. That isn't getting it done in NXT. Not that it is a bad idea. It is a great idea but would Kurt take it? Doubtful.
I feel the same way. I keep reading that being an NXT trainer/worker would be perfect for Angle but do you really think Kurt Angle, who is a mad man when it comes to the ring, would take a back seat and not be on Raw? He's relentless and I can't see him taking that deal. He can't even pass a physical.

Jeff Hawkins put forth the idea that Sasha could win the strap back and they use that to build to her taking the title off of Nikki. I personally don't see it happening, but it's not exactly extreme thinking, and makes a modicum of sense. Of course it pretty much sabotages Bayley, so I hope they don't.

I've thought about this and I don't believe they would do that just cause of the fact they didn't care when she had in the first place on the main roster. I think this is going to be Sasha's swan song from NXT. They have the match, they embrace, she leaves and then they debut Nia Jax to destroy Bayley like Owens did to Sami Zayn. It sets up her next challenger England with two similar storylines for your double main events: Samoan monster vs fan favorite baby face.

If John Cena wins the U.S. Title back & returns to having his U.S. Title open challenges, Kurt Angle would be a great surprise opponent.

Bayley/Sasha Iron (Wo)Man should, in theory, be a good match. I'm curious what exactly the point is though? Sasha is on the main roster now. Bayley just won the title. Does anything think that Sasha has a chance of winning it back? Even in kayfabe. It wouldn't make any sense. Is the whole purpose just so they can talk about Sasha "evoking her rematch clause" - because I don't think that shit really needs to exist on the damn developmental show. "Hey, I'm on RAW now & tapping out the current Divas champion but I need my rematch for the developmental title." And why the 30 minute gimmick? How does that play into the story at all? It's like they just picked a gimmick match out of a hat.

So I assume Joe/Balor are gonna have an NXT title match sometime down the line when Joe turns on Balor in this tag tournament, yeah?

They're pretty much different worlds at this point, with entirely different audiences and not a lot of overlap in continuity.

So I watched the most recent episode of iMPACT to see Chris Masters vs. Drew Galloway (which they ruined with typical LOLTNA booking) but the contrast between their World Champions was pretty striking to me. They cut ECIII loose but he's SO MUCH better than Seth Rollins at the long heel champ opening promo that it's ridiculous.

So I watched the most recent episode of iMPACT to see Chris Masters vs. Drew Galloway (which they ruined with typical LOLTNA booking) but the contrast between their World Champions was pretty striking to me. They cut ECIII loose but he's SO MUCH better than Seth Rollins at the long heel champ opening promo that it's ridiculous.

yeah, the storyline is terrible and just shows why you have someone like him at the top, he can make anything entertaining. Better 20 min opening promo than Raw's done in ages. Obviously they spoiled that later in the episode by having a Dollhouse segment featuring A God Damned Gun

Anyone else get a "Samoan Chyna" vibe from those Nia Jax videos on NXT?

She does sounds a little bit like Chyna. Which doesn't bring back any good memories.

Balor & Joe vs Lucha Dragons was a decent little TV match. Joe looked much better here than against Corbin, although a few spots with Sin Cara looked shoddy, but Cara doesn't help. Not being overly familiar with Balor on TV (as opposed to specials I mean), it seems obvious to me WWE should push this guy to the top on the main roster. The Demon entrance = draws kids. Everyday Balor = draws women. And yeah, I can totally get behind a Balor vs Joe title match.

"According to The Wrestling Observer, Ronda Rouseys involvement with WrestleMania 32 is DOA. She will be shooting a film in Indonesia during WrestleMania."

So I got a couple points but what does everyone think about this tidbit? Personally I'm happy, I had no interest in Rock/Rousey vs. Triple H/ Stephanie. I understand the publicity part and that she is the biggest **lady** fighter(yeah sorry Mayweather and Manny drew what 4 million more buys than Rouseys 1M?) ... But actually I think it would have gotten a lot more press because she's a dominant baby face unlike Floyd who's basically a chickenshit heel, with all the skills in the world but prefers to knock people out during stoppages(Flair or Savage in the 80's kinda?)....which Makes Tyson like a monster tweener?

But all "kick off a new mainstream hot period" talk aside with Rousey, I was not looking forward to Rousey-Steph promos....and really would that get over? Rock? He needs a rub less than any wrestler ever, Steph and Triple H as heels? They are eternal heels even if they turn face on television. Mike Tyson got Austin over as the toughest wrestler in the world for trying to fight him and got DX over for having him w/ them.

Well Rock/Trips attitude throwback "End of the Era: new chapter nNostalgia that could actually bring back somewhat recent fans, with wrestlers that would fit in tomorrow as WWE champ. But I'd rather use Rocks name for someone that needs it more, becAuse there's gonna be a lot of part timers on that show and damn I hate to say it but WWE is like 1998 wcw with using part timers in main events, but only if that old v.New match is better or more memorable

I'd rather they not bring back The Rock at all. I'd love to see them start pushing the guys that they have there everyday instead of bringing back guys like The Rock and The Undertaker to sell their big shows.

They could have already made Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt but they get cold feet. Why was Seth Rollins the one they chose to give the uber push to? Why is Seth Rollins wrestling against fucking Sting?

Just seems silly to me.

The show right now, in my opinion, should be built around Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins & Rusev. Instead it's built around Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Sting & The Authority.

They are ready with Rollins and Reigns. They both have IT. Reigns won the Rumble and main event Ed Mania against the most over monster heel since Andre and best since Vader. He lost but was screwed and Rollins won the Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania? How are "they" not ready for these guys. Reigns/Lesnar is a all time Mania match and Cena/Rollins was maybe my MOTY( I haven't seen the Owens/Cena matches but I have all 3 on deck for today). So yeah.

As for Bray? He's had more chances and push than any wrestler that hasn't delivered immediately in singles. He had a Bryan feud.(haven't seen the rumble match) and then a months long Cena Mania feud and all the smoke and mirrors and didn't get over(I forget who won the matches probably Cena but Bray just doesn't click in-ring like other similar dark heels like Mankind or Raven did. And then he had a Taker Mania feud which is the best chance he had to get over as a main eventer he went out there and had a ** match and no heat. Don't get me wrong I like him, I like the character and the stable a lot. But I like him in a tag team with Luke Harper. Wyatts Match at Summerslam was excellent

As for why we need the part timers. Because they are over, they can get others over and they are mostly great workers and characters. Without big stars to beat, who is gonna believe in this crop of guys? The show IS built around those guys just as much.

1) Seth Rollins Is the Undisputed WWE world heavyweight champion. There 1 of these in wrestling now. 1 worldwide promotion and 1 top champ and its him. He just co main evented the 2nd biggest show of the year with the #1 guy in wrestling for the past decade, killed it and won.

2) Seth Rollina is "The Man" no longer the "future ". He IS the top guy in the Authority. Triple H is the leader but not the "Man" anymore. His words.

3) There are many guys that were huge Crow Sting fans and started watching WCW in 1997 or in the nWo years at least and will always love that character and I personally think he's a Legend and love his ring work, even if his best work was 88-94. Hanging in the rafters, rappelling down, his Batman like beat downs of whole gangs of wresters...and yeah there were some matches too. But yeah At Survivor Series it looked like we were going to get that man of justice character back for a bit against the Authority but no....

Anyway he's super old but is in great shape and is timeless with the gear and war paInt.? Triple H sandbagged him by giving his usual match instead of giving his all like with Bryan the year before. Just compare those side by side. And yeah the announcers buried him so hard for a new to WWE baby face.

But he isn't a bitter guy like the most would be. He got a massive reaction in Raw and moved around me the ring faster than I've seen since WCW. I think him and Seth are going to surprise everyone. It's a special match, not a long term thing.

Reigns is getting built up the right way. Slow

Taker is a special attraction face that draws so he gets promoted. Think Andre in 1985.

Brock is a special attraction that is so awesome they had to give him the heavyweight title, think Stan Hansen in AWA. So it's 2 special attractions meeting each other at the 2 big Special shows. The last match was damn good. It's only taking one prominent spot on any big show.

Bray is mid card and good at it.

Rusev is a great old school worker and will get his chance.

Why was Seth Rollins the one they chose to give the uber push to?

Because HHH looks at him and sees his ultimate fantasy in a wrestler who can be a combination of himself and Shawn. He's always had great company support (great FCW push, first NXT champ, gets the starmaking spot from the Shield's first ever match) so they just don't care that he's spent all of 2015 wrestling like a babyface against anyone who isn't Ambrose and sometimes Orton. I mean, he's making a spot from a Danny Cannon-Kongo Kong match (the triple tope) into a signature move that he does against such imposing unstoppable monsters as Cena and Cesaro.