Pro Wrestling Only

Night of Champions Thread.

jackwebb

Intriguing show. Ratings aren't good so McMahon could change things up. There is one match with a mystery opponent. The world champion is in 2 matches. The Money in the Bank contract is in play. Hell in a Cell is next month though so they might want to drag some feuds out as well. They have invested a lot of time in Rollins. I would consider turning him tonight if it were my call.

20150824_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_Rollin

20140831_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_Rollin

20140831_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_Ryback

20150831_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_nikkic

20150914_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_Ambros

20150709_LIGHT_NOC_Match_HOMEPAGE_rusevd

20150910_LIGHT_NOC_Match_NewDayDudleys_H

20150915_LIGHT_NOC_Match_kickoff_HP.jpg

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most of America, I am at my lowest interest in the modern WWE product than I have been since probably 2007-2008. For shits and giggles, lets predict the winners...

Neville & Luchadores vs. Stardust and the Ascension

- Nothing match to get the crowd pumped up. Neville pins ramdom Ascension guy.

New Day vs. The Dudleys

I really hope this is just an excuse to put the New Day over a veteran tag team. I haven't seen one episode of WWE TV since the Dudleys returned.

Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler

- I think Rusev should win but then again, I think Rusev should win every match he is in. That means Dolph probably wins.

Wyatt Family vs. Ambrose, Reigns and Orton

- I see Orton is not on the show so I am guessing he is the mystery partner. If he isn't, I don't know who else they would plug in. I am guessing the Shield go over but I could easily see them letting Strom squash Reigns in his "rebuilding" mode.

Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella

- Charlotte has to win,right? I think the Bellas need a vacation.

Kevin Owens vs. Ryback

- I think Owens would be better with the IC belt since he is such an asshole heel. I think a title change is in order here.

Seth Rollins vs. John Cena

- All of those Cena US Title shirts are going to waste. He needs his belt back. Cena wins.

Seth Rollins vs. Sting (w/ Shemaus cash in)

I think Sting wins the belt and Sheamus cashes in. The low TV numbers probably put a kabosh on the Rollins title run. I don't think Sheamus is the answer but I think they transition fairly quickly off of Sheamus onto a babyface champ sooner rather than later. Brock vs. Sheamus would be pretty sweet.

Like most of America, I am at my lowest interest in the modern WWE product than I have been since probably 2007-2008.

At least they had a valid excuse back then, not that Benoit was something they wanted to ever bring up of course, but I can definitely see them panicking and switching a bunch of titles. I can also see that making no difference.

My predictions...

Pre-Show: Neville & Luchadores vs. Stardust and the Ascension - No point in them creating a new faction (The Cosmic Wasteland) or extending the Stardust/Neville feud if they don't put Cody over here.

New Day vs. The Dudleys

I really hope this is just an excuse to put the New Day over a veteran tag team. I haven't seen one episode of WWE TV since the Dudleys returned.

It has had by far the best build-up of any match on the card with Xavier on the trombone, the 'Save the Tables' campaign and New Day on commentary and promos. For their part, since the Dudleys came back Bubba has been running into people very fast.Reminds me a bit of post-comeback JBL in 2008. I see New Day keeping the belts since they just won them back. Dudleys will definitely hover another title run at some point though. SO expect a post-match table spot to setup a Tables Match at HIAC or TLC (if they can make it last that long). Survivors doesn't need a Tag Title match, can be a teams elimination match.

Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler - If Rollins turns face (and I think he will) anytime soon he'll need and it makes sense to build Rusev back up.

Wyatt Family vs. Ambrose, Reigns and Mystery Partner - Partner turns on Shield and joins the Wyatts.

Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella - I had a feeling Charlotte wasn't going to get the belt on Monday but expect her to tonight.

Kevin Owens vs. Ryback - Owens winning his last feud with Cesaro seemed to be to set this up. Shame Ryback' s run wasn't what it could have been.

Seth Rollins vs. John Cena - Cena beats Rollins in the opener and we get a WrestleMania X situations Seth doesn't need two belts. Cena restarts the US Open tomorrow on RAW.

Seth Rollins vs. Sting (w/ Shemaus cash in) - Sting does the job again, Rollins makes up for his loss earlier but Sheamus cashes in setting up Seth's face turn.

acn0KJu.jpg

Another take on the chinlock question from twitter. This one is kind of tough but I'm gonna go with the Divas match being longer but by less than 2 minutes. I think the main will probably go around 13-15 minutes with close to half of that being chinlocky goodness. Suspect the Divas match will go around 8 minutes.

Lotta motherfuckin' Eeyores up in this thread. Sheeeitt.

I got people arriving, Italian sausages, shiskabob, and burgers grilling, cooler full of beers, wrestling on the big screen, it's a beautiful day, and I'm off tomorrow. Life is good.

And i'm still coming down from THIS show i was at last night. I thought we were going to the family friendly local Indy, but that show is next week. I ended up at a crazy bar in Denver for this.

12009544_883045538449459_326442009910083

And we had a blast, :P

Orton got 'took out' by Wyatts on Raw because he was filmed backstage conversing with Ambrose & Roman. The following SmackDown something similar happened with Jimmy Uso. The mystery partner has been kept a secret so Wyatts can't get to them first, so it would really be a sickener if it was just Orton

Ah, I see. Had no idea about Jimmy Uso. I just remember reading Orton got taken out by the Wyatts a couple of RAWs ago and thought he was going to be the third man.